Search results

1. Haddock

Picked my Leon UP

Nice...
  2. Haddock

would you change the colour of your bumper?

Taxi springs to mind....
  3. Haddock

MOT and HIDS

In terms of light on the road I don't think they are anything special, slightly better than uprated bulbs but very white which is good (I got the 5k ones). Having said that they don't appear to dazzle, so thats probably the main thing.
  4. Haddock

MK2 Leon - Very poor in snow

It's honestly not how it looks... It was a very long straight, with the other cars travelling at approx 30mph, I speeded up the footage as it was a boring section of the vid otherwise. I just played it back and I can see what you mean though! Maybe I need to remove that bit, or at least...
  5. Haddock

The clip while overtaking is speeded up, 150% from memory.. In answer to your question of what does it show - It shows the improvement, a good benchmark as everyone has seen a stuck BMW at some point
  6. Haddock

For anyone sat on a fence and trying to decide whether to fit winter tyres - this is the difference a set of Vredestein Snowtrac 3's made on a mates BMW 118D. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aahMDAr0ksM
  7. Haddock

Hid video !!!

Never had any errors, touch wood...
  8. Haddock

Hid video !!!

They are for a HID kit... i.e: http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7r-anti-glare-replacement-hid-bulbs.html
  9. Haddock

One thing I've noticed on the facelift cars is that with ESP enabled as normal, power is cut far too early - and loads of momentum is lost on the hills... Last night I had to make a second attempt on one hill, the first time power was cut so aggressively that the car stalled - second attempt...
  10. Haddock

Winter tyres

Great Vid's :D But I really do need to hear the audio from the second clip!!
  11. Haddock

Speed blue FR TDI on it's way....:0)

They'd be great.... :D
  12. Haddock

They'll fit... but to be honest Id be dubious about the speed rating... Its common to go down a speed rating for winter tyres (i.e. down to H) - but personally I wouldn't go down to a T (plus the insurance implications etc).
  13. Haddock

Have to be 16" to clear the brakes...
  14. Haddock

Hi, Congrats on your purchase, sounds awesome - get some pics up in a fortnight! The service package looks very expensive, and Im sure it would be cheaper just to buy them as you need them - I got a similar package for my last Leon approx 3 years ago and it was much cheaper (forget how...
  15. Haddock

Mk2's in the snow

I'd already posted these - but seen as you've created a proper place I'll post them again :D
  16. Haddock

my mk2 leon cupra

They powder-coat them, so they are baked... This is a place with great reputation too, so they wouldnt cut any corners (Ive had 2 sets of wheels done there). Its Romax in Stockton, which is prob no use to you - but no doubt there'll be somewhere similar nearer to you.
  17. Haddock

Winter tyres

Looking here all is ok: http://www.alloywheels.com/ Make : Seat Model : Leon II Year : 05> PCD : 5x112 Offset : 30 to 45 Bore : 57.1 Fittings : B 14x1.5 Make : Volkswagen Model : Scirocco 08> Year : 08> PCD : 5x112 Offset : 30 to 45 Bore : 57.1 Fittings : B 14x1.5
  18. Haddock

That works fine on the pre-facelift cars, but on the 2009 onwards card it just makes the ESP light flash - reducing the sensitivity, but it still cuts power on acceleration and starts braking wheels when your making progress sideways...
  19. Haddock

For me this is the only negative with the Facelift Leon. Turning off ESP just seems to make it a bit less eager - i.e. pressing the button doesn't turn it completely off. Which make's playing in the snow a bit less fun :cry: Unless anyone knows how it can be turned completely off?
  20. Haddock

This was my journey this morning, no doubt similar to lots of peoples.. probably a slightly different journey to yours in SE London??