Search results

1. hon_n_gem

Bored = Carbon fibre door sills

Wow this is an old thread. They did look awesome! Miss the K1!
  2. hon_n_gem

Gone, but not forgotten

Hi All, Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help over the last few years. Sadly the Cupra had to go (economy needed for my wifes commute). Great car - no faults with it at all. Parting after 5.5yrs and 45k miles, driven from Kent to Cardiff, Inverness, Somerset and beyond...
  3. hon_n_gem

Car locks

Agrees it is an ar$e of a job! should take 2-3hrs but had a slight problem meaning everything had to come out again!!! 2nd hand part for £40 and total 5ish hrs of swearing!
  4. hon_n_gem

Car locks

Is it all doors or just one door that is not unlocking? My driver door wernt unlocking - had to have the locking mech replaced. A few MK2's have been experiencing this recently!
  5. hon_n_gem

Instrument panel not working?!

Hi All, Its been a good/sunny few days and the dash is working again. Not sure if its an internal or external problem - but I stuck in a dehumidifying thing to absorb any moisture inside the car a week or two ago - that might have helped :S
  6. hon_n_gem

I hope that's the issue, still nothing today. Just noticed that it seems like a backlight comes on on the display but nothing else. Thanks
  7. hon_n_gem

Hi all, Got into the car this morning and none of the instrument panel is working. So no speedo, temp, rpm etc. Has anyone had this issue before? I had a quick check of the fuses but they seemed fine. Annoyingly this looks to have affected the temperature too as 18c is coming out...
  8. hon_n_gem

Anyone know how to remove the door lock mechanism/module?

1P2837016 is the one you want - £44 off ebay and worked brilliantly. Use the door panel removal guide on here. There is a bit of plastic that connects the panel to the locking mechanism, you can break the little black bit that slides into the locking mechanism. Took me 3 hours - thats...
  9. hon_n_gem

Door won't open

I have been having problems too (driver side door only), it so far seems weather related, as the last couple of days its been a little milder and has been ok. When its freezing it sticks on first unlock attempt. I told the Mrs' if it does stick and won't unlock to press & hold unlock to...
  10. hon_n_gem

Oil Cap part no

Thanks mate, I managed to get the cap off to top up the oil (using a small adjustable spanner). Will have a look around - may even treat the car to a chrome R8 version.
  11. hon_n_gem

Ex clio R27 owner tyre question

Sounds like bit of a beast! Love how easy a clio is to drive! Funny enough I was at a driving experience and jumped in a 172 with Josh Cook (clio cup driver). My driving looks/feels pedestrian in comparison! Will take some time to get used to the Leon (even the Mrs' said it doesn't take corners...
  12. hon_n_gem

Ex clio R27 owner tyre question

I think the level of grip on the clio is far better than Leon. It's a lighter, stiffer and more track focused! It's comparing apples and pears tbh. That being said I have Goodyear Asym 2s on the Cupra and they are fantastic. Pretty hard to break traction in dry. Wet performance is very good...
  13. hon_n_gem

Oil Cap part no

Hi Guys/Girls, Somehow I have lost the top half of the oil cap?! It's still sealed but I can't top up oil! Anyone know what the part number is? It's for a Cupra. Thanks
  14. hon_n_gem

k1 front end parts list

Brilliant, thanks
  15. hon_n_gem

k1 front end parts list

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but do you know what the part number for the bumper is? Many thanks, Hon
  16. hon_n_gem

Is this my clutch starting to fail?

^ Yep, select your highest gear and floor it! - that will show if its slipping!
  17. hon_n_gem

Winters coming

I will be swapping over soon, I have been running Nankang SV2's on the Orions and been very good last year. I run summer tyres which do not work at all in frosty/snowy/cold situations! I purchased mine for £440ish tyres only, had them fitted to my Orions and come spring I purchased a set...
  18. hon_n_gem

Fitting sub in spare wheels apartment help ?

Use the carpet/boot liner as a template, draw round it onto a decent bit of MDF and jigsaw it out. Then, possibly fibreglass the spare wheel well and attach to your piece of MDF. or make a box that will fit into the recess. Important to look at volumes needed for the sub though!
  19. hon_n_gem

Trip computer - is there a hidden extra?

^ agreed, takes a few hours to reset.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise