Search results

1. loonymoon

2011 Ibiza 1.2 TSI sportrider longterm review

Sounds reasonable, that's the mileage I did my timing chain at.
  2. loonymoon

Anyone else sick of 50 shades of grey (cars)?

I don't think I'd ever have black as they show the dirt too much. Silver would be my "non exotic" colour as I had before ,but I'm happy being a sore thumb for now and some how on a Mini I feel it is more suited lol! The number of people who move over for me on the motorway now is quite...
  3. loonymoon

I've left the SEAT fold, which is a shame as they're good cars and perhaps one day I will come back to the fold. However I had to get this out of my system...... MINI I know I said I wanted a non -monochrome car, I didn't quite expect to stray this far from normal colours but I'm loving it...
  4. loonymoon

Thanks for that very interesting.
  5. loonymoon

Thanks, I hope it is helpful for someone. My car might be for sale in the Summer. Or I may change my mind!!
  6. loonymoon

2011 (61) SEAT Ibiza 1.2 TSI Sportrider long-term review I have been the proud owner of a 2011 model (pre-facelift mk5 – or Mk4 depending where you read) SEAT Ibiza since it was received brand new in October 2011. Now over 5 years and 76,000 miles later I thought I’d share my long-term...
  7. loonymoon

When I had a look at the customise option emocion red was an extra +£250? and the metallics +£450 from what I can remember. I'm not looking to buy now. I'm waiting to see what the new model is like. Nothing actually wrong with my current ibiza, just looking to update before the mileage gets a...
  8. loonymoon

Yeah. If I was ordering new now I'd probably have to stick with the stock blue as it's just that or the Emocion red (though I'm not a huge red fan and only some cars can pull it off hate to say it but it doesn't appeal to me on the ibiza). There was a bluish silver but I'd have to see it in...
  9. loonymoon

My 5 yr old 1.2 Sportrider... is Mk6 around the corner?

Oh dear.... I visited my parents over Christmas and they have just bought a brand new mini cooper (5Dr). Have to admit it's a lovely car and I have a big soft spot for minis as my first car was a 1988 Mini city E. I realise the new car is not a "proper" mini but it's still got character, still...
  10. loonymoon

Lol well is not that people shouldn't have grey cars it's just if you want a colour other than a shade between white and black there's not a lot of choice...
  11. loonymoon

I had a mk 4 before the mk5 I did like the Alfa style external looks but I prefer the mk5 plastics the older ones were harder to the touch and louder if you tapped on them. Facelift mk 5 has more integrated Aircon unit Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
  12. loonymoon

Granted the Mk5 does look a lot like the A1, but I prefer the SEAT look. IMO it's the best looking of the family in Ibiza shape, much better looking than Polo or Fabia, though the new Fabia is better than the older one.
  13. loonymoon

I suddenly noticed a couple of months ago that nearly all cars on the road these days are black, black, grey, black silver white and black.. oh and grey. My own car is silver so it does fall within this but heck I'm bored of seeing 50 shades of grey cars so my next car is going to be a colour...
  14. loonymoon

Oil Usage 1.2 TSi

My car is at 76000 and 5 y/o I put about 1.5l oil in it for the first time a month or two ago. I was worried it was the start if it needing oil but checked yesterday and its fine not gone down again. :-) In contrast my old fiesta when about the same age was using about 1litre per 1000 miles...
  15. loonymoon

Dammit why do they make them bigger :-( I like the size of the ibiza, especially since getting into my driveway and not hitting the walls/my husband's van is much easier in a smaller car. Ah well I guess I 'll see what the specs are. I already decided there's no point in getting a new car...
  16. loonymoon

Sorry posted in wrong forum, meant to be in mk5...
  17. loonymoon

I've had a 1.2TSI (105bhp) sportrider SC Ibiza from brand new for 5 years now. I am nearing completion of a loan I used to consolidate my original car payment and pay of other debts so I'm now considering what to do next. My car is at 76,000, had a cam chain change earlier in the year and I do...
  18. loonymoon

wiper blades ...

I bought these cheap wipers from amazon last time I replaced my Ibiza 2011 wipers. I wasn't expecting much for £11 but they fit perfectly and are very quiet and effective in use!! https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0056JCWOW/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pd_te_s_rp_ti/255-9089152-4797514 Sent...
  19. loonymoon

High mileage 1.2 TSI's?

Mine's 74,000 now. Seems fine. Still on original battery after 5 years. I'm wondering how long the battery will last - the SEAT replacements are very expensive!
  20. loonymoon

High mileage 1.2 TSI's?

Wow!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.