Search results

1. Vredestein Upgrade Sessanta

I ran Sessanta on my LCR for years and was pleased with them but like you due to supply issues I swopped all 4 tyres recently to Michellin Pilot Sport 4 S and they are in a different league and should have switched a long time ago.
  2. LCR front tyres

Vred's ultra sessantas also get my vote. Running a full set and the grip and feedback given the weather we have in this country is excellent especially with the ESP off.
  3. Which Tyre?

I used to run GSD3s but switched to the Sessantas on each corner, I prefer the Vreds and find the feedback, handling and grip better in all conditions.
  4. Which tyers are you all running on your LCR

Ultrac Sessantas, previously used Goodyears, but can gauge the limit of grip better with the Vreds especially with esp off. There was a deal online recently for around £94 delivered.
  5. tyre wheel problem

I swopped mine back to front and had the same thing even when balanced, road noise awful and handling shocking. Problem solved with a new front set of Sessantas giving same tyre on each corner, ride and handling better than the Goodyears that they replaced.
  6. What colour code are the LCR Alloy's??

They are based at Ibstock, not a million miles from Leicester. http://www.fowkesauto.com/
  7. What colour code are the LCR Alloy's??

Jeff Fowkes at Ibstock are good, use them for my tyres and never a mark on the rims. You can also view the workshop from waiting room to see whats going on.
  8. LCR rear exhaust: New OEM poor fitting.

Silly me thought OEM was like for like, not a chop job between the silencer and back axle.
  9. LCR rear exhaust: New OEM poor fitting.

Best quote was £305 OEM inc fitted. Milltek £500
  10. LCR rear exhaust: New OEM poor fitting.

I looked at the Milltek / Supersprint option but could nt justify the price as the car is standard. I ve spoken to the dealer and the "fitting kit" is actually an extra sleeve so now it makes sense. They are ordering in another new back box, lets hope they measure twice and cut once this time...
  11. LCR rear exhaust: New OEM poor fitting.

Had a new rear exhaust box fitted at the dealers today and when I picked it up I was told it need an additional "fitting kit" as although it is an original SEAT part, they could nt get it to fit bang in the centre like the one they took off. Now I ve got to take it back tomorrow so an...
  12. Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas

Missed this when I first read the thread, but its given me hope!
  13. Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas

I put two Ultrac Sessantas on my Mk1 LCR in January replacing the GSD3s. The Ultracs went on the rear swopping the GSDs to the front. The result was the handling went from solid and predictable to light and twitchy and very poor in cold damp conditions to the point on the way back from the...
  14. v power vs ordinary(supermarket) unleaded

Had the LCR from new and used BP for two years before switching to Optimax then V Power and even the GF noticed the difference on V Power. The car responds better and dare I say it sounds better, even though its bog standard. As for the weight issue, the LCR is a sturdy girl but on 1/4...
  15. Cheapest tyre choice for LCR

Put 4 new GSD3 on my LCR and did 13K on the front and they were down to the wear indicators but the rears were fine. This Wednesday had 2 new Sessanta's but changed them to the back and put the rear GSD to the front. The result was the handling was compromised and the road noise was...
  16. Off to test drive a LCR tomorrow!

The thing to remember with the LCR is that (atleast in stock mode) how it delivers its power is deceptive. It suits a more relaxed driving style, the smoother you are the faster you go, 2500 - 5500rpm is all you ll need. I ve often considered changing but as an all round package its difficult...
  17. SEAT Leon Cupra R: The Ultimate SEAT storms into UK

Same here I ve had my LCR from new since Jan 2006 and I d be interested if it were not for the price tag and the impending MK3. I m not a badge snob but in that price range the new R has lost a lot of its advantage.
  18. New CUPRA R officially confirmed

Trouble is people can no longer add a £30k car to the life of their mortgage. Car manufacturers must be praying for house price inflation to return because this is where they appear to be basing the current pricing structure, wages certainly wont be increasing that fast for the forseeable future!
  19. Eagle F1 Wear?

Uneven wear There were some threads a while back related to the F1 s manufactured in China that worn unevenly round the edges similar to a 50p. The threads appeared around the time I had 4 of the PRC finest but after 10K I ve had no issues with them.
  20. Std Mk1 LCR required for EVO mag photo-shoot - Friday 29th Jan

When I use the right foot it rarely touches the brakes.