Search results

1. tom167

Scangauge MAP problems

Sorry, its a PD130.
  2. tom167

Scangauge MAP problems

Now i've tried, replacing the map sensor, testing the plug for feeds etc, checking the return signal back to the ecu.... Everything should be working but it isnt... Anyone shed any light?
  3. tom167

Scangauge MAP problems

Just installed a scangauge, mainly to check boost levels on, and it seems to always show the MAP as 37.4. I tried coding the xgauge using settings I found on here, but that reads 22 all the time? I also coded the bhp gauge and that wont go over 143, should be more around the 200 mark...
  4. tom167

Hottuning / Ta Technix Coilovers - Fitting problems?

Sounds like lucky dip coilovers lol :p
  5. tom167

Hmm when i tried putting mine together i found that the mount, bearing and cone, alll stacked together were too tall to sit on the top of the shock. ie, you ran out of threaded part and couldn't get the nut on. Even tried with no spring fitted to check it wasn't because i hadn't compressed it...
  6. tom167

Its advised you change your topmount bushes and bearings. If you get new ones of these you build the front struts up before you have to take anything off the car. That way you can post pics up and see what we all make of them lol :shrug: I had hottuning coilovers on my leon, and couldn't...
  7. tom167

Oh yeh obviously they have the lil bracket welded on for the arb, and i do mean just a random bracket welded on lol. Proper coilovers should fit as per the OEM springs though, as antnee showed in his pics the correct springs are large enough to seat on the bearing. Same with my gmax's.
  8. tom167

That looks like what they're doing then. Like I said I'm fairly sure the ones they sell as for the beezas are the same as the Leon ones. So looks as though they're just including an additional progressive spring to combat the fact the other springs dont fit our bearings lol
  9. tom167

Yeh thats how they should come, the spring should be considerably larger diameter than it is. I don't know if everyone has had this problem with the TA coilovers but it does seem to be an awful lot of people who they didn't fit smoothly for....
  10. tom167

I had these before, and the problem is if you try to assemble them properly, so from the floor up; spring, cone, bearing, top mount - the shock isn't long enough to bolt up, even with the spring fully compressed. So I had mine without the bearing, just resting the cone inside the topmount. Not...
  11. tom167

Tdi 130 coolant temperature sensor - where is it?

My PD130 doesn't have a coolant level sensor, theres just a blank in the header tank where it could be lol
  12. tom167

intake pipe PD130

Hmmmm In that case i may be wrong then! I thought it was airbox, plastic conduit type pipe, metal u-bend affair then the turbo?
  13. tom167

intake pipe PD130

Oh yeh lol :whistle: As far as i know yeh they're all ally though. Although that being said i've never paid much attention lol.
  14. tom167

intake pipe PD130

Diesel or petrol? Some parts of the engines are changed slightly so you're better off looking for leon/golf/a3 bits. Ibiza is to corboda as Leon is to Toledo you see.
  15. tom167

Spring fitting

Line it up so it sits in the top of the hub. Put a jack under the ball joint and jack the hub up, should slide in.
  16. tom167

Help. Brakes not working. Seems like ABS problem.

If the fuse has gone it would stop it working rather than make it work too much.... Also i think that abs might be on a mega-fuse under the bonnet anyway. Best to check it with vag-com, see if there's any faults. Check wheel speed sensors are reading correctly as an intermittant fault may...
  17. tom167

cupra tdi problem!

Yeh its normally MAF faults on these engines, see if you can get it on vag-com and use measuring blocks to see what its reading. Or failing that, unplug it and see how it changes.
  18. tom167

variable vein turbo

Yeh 130's and 150's are VNT's anyway
  19. tom167

Alarm help

Yup and i checked today its defo that button. i knew i was right! :D
  20. tom167

front grill help!! desperate

Like 20 quid lol? No idea how much they're worth never thought about selling them. :shrug: I may still even have the fogs. I'll check tomorrow and pm you if you want?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.