Search results

1. How to spot a clocked car?

Good stuff... I am pretty sure it showed on my old Exeo as it does on my Superb now..
  2. How to spot a clocked car?

May be worth posting here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104 maybe a member is local to you who could help :)
  3. How to spot a clocked car?

If you know anybody with VCDS or VAG-COM as it was known get them to do a scan, this should show the mileage stored in the ECU, not sure if that can be changed as easy as the instruments... This is the top of the last scan I did on my Ibiza before I swapped it... The mileage was within about...
  4. Brake noise....

This morning on my way to work in the old faithful 2011 Ibiza , I did 11 miles from home until I had to stop at traffic lights, as I came to a halt there was an almighty loud squeal/grating noise from what sounded like the front brakes.... I pulled forwards a little and it grated loud, as it did...
  5. Missing valve collet!

As I say, after the first 2-3 minutes it was all quite and ran nice, no burning oil, still doing 50MPG on the run to work... If I had just put up with the "ticking" I would have been none the wiser... then again, the remaining collet that was holding it all together could have gone at any time I...
  6. Missing valve collet!

No, just a standard 1.4 16v Ibiza "Good Stuff"..... The dealers are going start looking next week for 1. any damage, and 2. the missing collet... It ran fantastic, just had a ticking sound at start up if left standing... I suppose that was just the hydraulic lifter taking up the slack as...
  7. Missing valve collet!

Here's a good one for you... My Seat Ibiza, fitted with the 1.4 16v CGGB engine... full dealer service history, 3 years old in February, (so just out of warranty...Damn!) 59000 miles (as I do 100 miles a day in the old bus) and driven like a Grandad... About 6 weeks ago I developed a...
  8. Headlight light throw

I have noticed the move more when driving in fog...
  9. TPMS Issue with Exeo

It just amazed me that a wire that never moves really can snap... maybe it was a a fault from new.. It had broke level with the connector, clean break...
  10. Red TDI badges

Part number should be 1M0 853 687 GQF Stuart
  11. TPMS Issue with Exeo

Well... I have had the car repaired..... I don’t think any amount of resets would have worked... Lol At first the Seat dealer thought it was an issue with the actual control module.. then suggested it may be just the switch, so he took one from another vehicle to try... when he removed the...
  12. TPMS Issue with Exeo

Yes.. first thing I tried :( Will give dealer a call in the morning... I have been told it may just need the TPMS resetting using VCDS or similar... I do have VCDS, but I am not confident in messing ..
  13. TPMS Issue with Exeo

Hi Just been out in the Exeo, driving along the tyre pressure warning came on... stopped and checked tyres they all looked OK, I did not put any air in... Turned ignition on the yellow warning lamp stays on, then a bleep and the red tyre warning appears in the display... Plugged in VCDS...
  14. Tsi or tfsi

As far as I can see it they are the 211Ps engines.... http://www.seat.co.uk/content/uk/brand/en/models/exeo/engines.html Stuart
  15. 170 ST fuel econo in the real world, and worth getting a sport tech?

I agree with all this :) I drive a "bit like a grandad" and get 50-52mpg almost all the time, this is at 50-60mph:) The dealers leave a lot to be desired, especially were I live.. the first dealer I used in 2001 was Trentons in Hull, there were fantastic! I purchased 3 cars off them...
  16. quick answer needed

Depending on the lighting conditions, mine are either off with just the needles illuminated, or the needles and background are on... If the lights are on, then they are all lit :)
  17. Web reload problems

Hi This will have little to do with SeatCupra.net in my opinion ;) I suspect the issues are down to either the forum software (if you have updated in the last couple of weeks) or Google adverts have done something... I own and run VW Audi Forum, I am not here to promote the site... and...
  18. Recommendations of dealers - POST HERE (new upto date thread)

Can anyone recommend a first class dealer in the East Yorkshire region? I am looking for one who can service the Exeo and the Ibiza.... Used to use Trenton in Hull until a couple of years ago until they gave it up, always had top class service, and purchased 3 cars from them.... Can't seem...
  19. VCDS for Exeo

Thank you :)
  20. VCDS for Exeo

Were is the diagnostic port located on the Exeo? Would be interested in plugging VCDS in my own car :) Stu
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise