Search results

1. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

well people .... for those following anyway lol.... i settled this week at a rather nice £2850.... I'm chuffed with that lol.... They started at £2500 but messed there selves up by saying no extra costs were considered for leather etc (their policy says otherwise) so i pointed this out to them...
  2. TINCAN

Glass Guide - Average Mileage

i"ll put it on my other thread once i get a bit more clarity... lol but for now i'll wait...
  3. TINCAN

thats cool mines 123k on 52 plate but as glass suggest only 82k. So as thought it should be more like 10k a year so 100k is average
  4. TINCAN

Can anyone help. Currently going through insurance write off and had an offer minus a large chunk for what the insurers says is excessive mileage based on glasses guide average for my vehicle. My MK1 Leon Cupra 52 plate MY03 (october 2002) has 123k on it. The insurer is saying glasses guide...
  5. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

Thanks mate problem is though all of those you found are the ones I found too and are not facelift models (older model, not cupra kit) so not like for like. They have the old trim, kit etc on and my facelift model are harder to find. I'll keep you all posted. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

Cheers thanks for the info mate appreciated. Can you let me know what book you are referring to? Is it glasses guide or ? Just so I can say x amount is what x says. Thanks again Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

yeah i want one but depends on money i get to be honest..... i was hoping to try and push to the higher £2k around £2800 i know no hope but every damn leon with full leather i can find comes up around the £3k mark ...
  8. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

they have already got it, took it the same day and garage said it will go to storage(?) within 5 days ...
  9. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

yeah probably how does that work then the settle then i buy back?
  10. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

Every panel on the left mate is crushed.. the chassis is probably twisted and the suspension is trashed too.. hit a dodgy camber on a side road, only doing 40mph but quick enough to throw its on its side and then into a ditch... Grrrrr
  11. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

sounds like the assessor was right then... said they may offer book value but just say its got full memory leather and any extras like folding mirrors and it should up the price... now just got to work out how much i can up it lol and from what book value...
  12. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

ha ha that would help its a 52 plate (facelift model)
  13. TINCAN

Leon Write Off Grrrrr

So got the bad news this week that my beloved Seat Leon is a write off. I was on the verge of selling it as well so equally gutted. Question is i have looked on auto trader (assessor from garage advised me to do some homework) and i'm finding it hard to price up a similar spec car. Mine...
  14. TINCAN

HELP ....What is this??

we did clear the faults and it went away and then came back. The noise is an actual leak though if i push the round grommet it stops leaking so hoped it might be more than the normal ticking i have just read about...
  15. TINCAN

HELP ....What is this??

A friend did but he said it wasn't clear as it reported a brake issue i.e switch issue then and he said it would be that causing the engine light too. Long story short is seat sent the wrong one so we put the old one back in and the brake lights started working fine again but the light stayed on...
  16. TINCAN

HELP ....What is this??

Do you think the 'bung/grommet' would be easy to pull out or are they fitted so not removable? What i would like to do is remove the bung and then seal it with something.... Obviously if this sorted the engine light too i would be in heaven lol
  17. TINCAN

HELP ....What is this??

would it create the engine light to come on with this leak? Is there a way to remove the 'bung'/pipe and seal as the electrics way sounds good but haven't got a clue what you mean lol
  18. TINCAN

HELP ....What is this??

Interesting mine is really loud and whines a bit like a police once engine off..... trying to track the engine light issue and thought i had cracked it...
  19. TINCAN

HELP ....What is this??

I have a leak that sounds like a whine/siren that may be there all the time but is heard once i switch the engine off. I tracked it down to the black box in the photo and the pipe with the small purple dot on is a little loose. When i wiggle the actual round 'bung' that holds the pipe to the...
  20. TINCAN

Simple question but can't find answer - Leon cup holder removal

sweet that sounds simple......i like it lol....I was having kittens thinking for such a simple job i would have to remove half the fascia or more..... I searched for a while too but couldn't find owt.... hey ho top man for letting me know!
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise