Search results

1. silver surfer

Symptoms of a worn timing chain?

they rattle and start up from tensioner ware
  2. silver surfer

thieving trolls out again

Woke up this morning to find thieving trolls have stolen the heko wind deflectors of my car , A silver or white lupo with roof bars and a roof box was seen hanging round my house last night with 2 other cars .So if you live near Sheffield or Chesterfield keep a look out I'd like them back
  3. silver surfer

po340 fault code

3rd wire is earth for sensor
  4. silver surfer

MOT FR De-DPFed

its an advisory that covers are not removed during test ,covers tester if anything behind or under covers is faulty in any testable way
  5. silver surfer

MOT FR De-DPFed

your not allowed to remove any covers on engine or under vehicle as an mot tester
  6. silver surfer

Mk2 rear wheel road noise

common one is inside of rear tyres saw tooth causing the noise
  7. silver surfer

Esp, abs and tyre pressure lights on dash

do they go off when you switch ignition off then on again if so it's probably rear wheel bearing abs sensor ring that's what mine was doing
  8. silver surfer

Whistling noise I believe is the supercharger after crash???

you would need to look at intercooler core as edges crimped to plastic end cans and can leak at joint look for oil round intercooler
  9. silver surfer

Whistling noise I believe is the supercharger after crash???

possible intercooler damage leaking pipe
  10. silver surfer

Towbar for my FR

i got mine off ebay witter removable one and i run a fr bumper
  11. silver surfer

Who all polished there car today then?

yep same here quick waxathon now worn out so catch up with f1 and touring cars
  12. silver surfer

Coolant in Turbo Inter cooler pipe

probably radiator end can seal where its crimped on leaking
  13. silver surfer

exhaust rumble, loss of turbo

If its down to dpf its better to get it looked at sooner than later as it could be blocking up if it cant do a proper regen
  14. silver surfer

When was this last changed?

pd fuel dilter Looks like your average PD fuel filter should be changed every 40k as vw changed it from 60k due to running problems
  15. silver surfer

regen slang for regeneration the engine ecu alters the injection timing and period of injection to regenerate the dpf which can give flat spots slight loss of power hot smell and exhaust note change
  16. silver surfer

exhaust noise could be trying to regen dpf that will change engine note,exhaust sound and alter power when doing it
  17. silver surfer

Fr tdi not running right

fuel filters are also known for running faults should be changed every 40k
  18. silver surfer

Fr tdi not running right

oil cooler very common to leak oil into coolant
  19. silver surfer

ABS Light

G201 is abs pump fault not sensor on wheels and if it resets on ignition switch cycle its probable the common rear wheel bearing reader ring corrosion. Will require a new bearing as reader ring not available on its own
  20. silver surfer

Anyone running a tuning box?

I,ve used quality tuning boxes in the past and never had a problem got my last one of ebay a stienbower unit £450 new £60 used adjustable, good power and fuel economy
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.