Search results

1. About to sell my XL - looking for feedback.

For info - Car is now for sale on Autoexpress and in "for sale" section (when approved)
  2. About to sell my XL - looking for feedback.

Good point - I guess the mitigation here is the higher cost of a diesel car and the 7-8% premium for diesel. It would take about 4 years to break even with the diesel @ 10k miles a year given a £1k difference in 'sticker' price. 10k miles @ 36 mpg and £1.01/litre = £1276.50 10k miles @ 47...
  3. About to sell my XL - looking for feedback.

Hmm, good call on the insurance. I must admit I've never made the connection between large car and diesel before tho' - interesting stuff. Quick trawl through "Car Magazine" gives me: .......................1.8T............2.0TD.........1.9TD...
  4. About to sell my XL - looking for feedback.

I've not been offered anything yet as I've not yet put it up for sale. My replacement is scheduled for 1st September for the new plate and so I won't put it up for sale until early August or I risk being car-less for a month! I'll be asking £10k on Autoexpress when I do. What I'm really...
  5. About to sell my XL - looking for feedback.

When I bought an XL 16 months ago I had to go to some lengths to persuade the various dealers that I wanted a petrol variant rather than a diesel and furthermore I wanted a FAST one! There wasn't a demo turbocharged petrol XL in the SW of England / S Wales to be found at the time! Now that I...
  6. GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Bluetooth

Two things ... 1. I've just found this site that are selling a MFSW with the telephone buttons for €140. Too late for me as I've literally just p/x my Leon but thought others may be interested (Dan?) 2. I whipped out my retrofit Bluetooth kit before selling my car and so have both it and...
  7. HU Replacement - Factory fit Bluetooth phone

I don't think you can ... and as far as I'm aware you can't flash an MFD2 either! Back on topic ... there is a new cut-down variant coming from VAG called the RNS310 - it is a budget version of the RNS510 (mfd3) with a CD instead of DVD and no hard disk drive. So you put satnav maps and music...
  8. mfd2 safe pin

Yep that's what I did - I seem to remember the wire on my Leon was Yellow/Red
  9. 1st Service Cost

I've just had a 3rd year service on mine and it had an ECU "fix" applied. Don't know what it was supposed to fix but can't say it has had any noticable effect.
  10. Rns 310

That is perfect! Basic satnav/Music/Phone system without expensive DVD/HDD technologies. Was it soooo hard to work out? :lol:
  11. Odd valuations from Glass' website

As I'm considering selling my TFSi Sport I went to Glass' website to get a valuation. Turns out they have a bug at the moment which means if you select that your car has metallic paint it cannot quote. I did a valuation omitting the paint but INCLUDING Sat Nav / Bluetooth / 6xCD / Spare wheel...
  12. FR or TFSI?

If you post 6 more messages you can PM me - or you can get my email address from my profile pages. Most important bit is I live in Monmouth (border of S. Wales and Gloustershire) and work in Woking/Staines/Reading so if you are a Glaswegian then we may be wasting our time :headhurt:
  13. FR or TFSI?

Not sure if the mods allow this? My vehicle is a TFSi Sport in metallic black. Registration is LV06 ... I am the first and only owner, purchased April 2006 It has 6xCD and spare wheel as optionally extras from new. I have retrofitted sat nav unit and bluetooth I got it re-mapped just...
  14. FR or TFSI?

If you are tempted by one in black then I'm looking to sell soon.
  15. FR or TFSI?

Just noticed that you've only got one post to your name so you can't PM!
  16. FR or TFSI?

The OP is looking for a second user vehicle.
  17. FR or TFSI?

I've got an remapped 06 Sport which goes quite nicely :) Maybe you'd like to talk to me via PM?
  18. Sports Suspension

I test drove an XL on 16s vs an XL with 17" and Sports suspension. The difference was marked. The positives being appreciable improvement in cornering at speed (you should have seen the sales guy's face!) and the negative being the drastic reduction in speed to take a speed bump comfortably...
  19. Sports Suspension

Craig, I got the Sport Pack on my XL and it DEFINATELY included sports suspension! Perhaps a MY08 revision?
  20. Does anyone have a Freetrack?

I wish fervently that I'd bought the Freetrack. I got the 'normal' XL instead which has now got stuck three times at two different stables. It is so light on the front and, in hindsight, we need greater ground clearance. A freetrack, whilst not a full 4x4 drive, would have been a much better...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise