Search results

1. markirel

Buzzy Altea Speakers and ICE upgrade

Glad you are pleased with them :D. I had two Altea's over approx 6.5 years and I wish I had fitted the speakers early into ownership rather than just the last months. There is a significant improvement with the Infinity's. I'm fairly certain it was button in for me, and twisting the tweeter...
  2. markirel

I know everyone is capable of searching a well know auction site, but as a heads up for Altea owners, there is a complete infinity kappa kit and audioleads adapter kit ready for a plug and play install. No trimming or wiring cuts. There are also some headlight covers, an exhaust trim and a brand...
  3. markirel

I have recently removed my Infinity 652.9 speakers and adaptors as I have sold my XL (speakers only in 8-months), complete with modified adaptor rings. If anyone is considering this mod let me know as the items are gathering dust in my garage. I wasn't prepared to let the garage ignore these as...
  4. markirel

bling it on round the back

How much did you pay for it? I have a brand new boxed one gathering dust in my garage as I made the mistake of thinking the trim for the Altea hatch and the Altea XL was the same (which it isn't). I listed it a few times on ebay but it never sold.
  5. markirel

Altea wheel gallery

Polished SEAT Sport BBS wheels with Yoko S306 225/45R18 tyres
  6. markirel

DSG Users?

Generally put it in neutral unless it is evident that I will be moving off quickly. Can definately feel the clutch engaged with either foot brake or handbrake on.
  7. markirel

Tyres?

My Yokohama S306's on 18's seem to be doing well. Wouldn't have been my first choice but they were already fitted to the wheels I bought (new). Can't quote a firm mileage figure as I swap to winter wheels towards the back end of the year until the gritting stops but I guestimate over 12k with...
  8. markirel

Tailgate problem

With you mentioning that your car has a towbar fitted I'd guess that your bumper has not been refitted properly. I had exactly the same problem with mine after towbar fitting, the bottom edge of the tailgate just touching the bumper and rubbing the paint. This is due to the top edge of the...
  9. markirel

average mpg - 2.0tdi sport

Typically 39-42 but if I'm especially gentle, up to 48, that's with a P-Torque remap and on 18's. On a run back from Aberystwyth towing the caravan at the weekend I managed 25mpg with the a/c on full. Wasn't hanging around thou', trying to give us caravanners a better image so was 'making...
  10. markirel

1.6 Petrol engine

I had a 1.6XL as a hire car a couple of years ago. Pretty feeble, wouldn't recommend one and think that the larger petrols or the two diesels are a far better choice. Horses for courses though and it depends on what you want the car for and what floats your boat. Best thing is to take a test...
  11. markirel

Altea buying

Hmmm, yep, I can tick a few of those boxes but I have to conceed, I'm beaten ;)
  12. markirel

Altea buying

Errr, no :p - I'm running 176bhp and about 360Nm torque to preserve the gearbox (I hope), plus other mods
  13. markirel

Altea Sliding Rear Seats

:lol: I see my rails are off for another tour of duty!
  14. markirel

Lowered the Altea (With pics)

Fitted rear springs only together with a Weitec +20mm spring distance kit so net lowering = 5mm on back. Done this way due to caravanning and not wanting to get stuck in a field. Rear springs being stiffer will be better when fully loaded up. As I've got the bodykit I don't think the 18's look...
  15. markirel

Rear bumper removal

There are some detailed guides in the posts in the Leon section which carry over to the Altea and I assume the Tolly too. I've removed mine a few times recently as I've had the paint redone due to rub marks appearing after a shopping trip and also to spray the visible parts of my removable...
  16. markirel

Lowered the Altea (With pics)

Ressurecting an old thread but its getting close to me fitting these: Chosen because lowering is only 25mm. From a company in the Netherlands who are big into airbag suspension. See www.mad-springs.com/english/ and www.mad-tuning.com/lowering.php and these: I have conflicting advice...
  17. markirel

Altea Towbars

Got this seen to yesterday and the towbar fitter replaced the receiving socket and detatchable ball. Slightly revised design so not sure if this implies that there was a weakness or not or if its just part of the products evolution. Guarantee good though, all parts replace FOC and no-hassle :)
  18. markirel

Help please! Will these brakes fit?

The wheel on the pic is a 17" from a leon sport and so of its not just staged for the camera and is fully installed (and isn't fouling) you should have no-problem with you winter wheels
  19. markirel

Altea Towbars

Hi leltel, missed your post this morning. Yes the reversing sensors do go off when the ball is fitted. They must be super sensitive. Advantage of course is that you remove the towball for the majority of the time. Mines being inspected next week as there is some abnormal lateral play (about...
  20. markirel

Altea Towbars

Shouldn't you guy's be in the For Sale section and/or swapping PM's :whistle:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise