Search results

1. Trying to find Leon Mk1 Cupra TDi in Onvi Yellow reg: FL04MVJ

Suggest download "Vehicle Smart" for android. May be an iphone equivalent. Your former vehicle is taxed until 01/01/2019 and MOT'd until 23/01/2019. Don't know where it is though. Still exists!
  2. Anyone know what's changed for 2011 MY?

Hi all As the question really, as the Exeo 2011 model year specs are now on the Seat UK website. Cheers Jonno
  3. Exeo - some different pictures and opinions

I looked at a Sport one in the showroom at the Seat dealer near Pride Park Derby yesterday. I was impressed with the build quality and I wouldn't mind having one. The only issue I have is the oddly placed handbrake still set up for left hand drive and the useless centre armrest which is very...
  4. New SEAT world premier at paris motorshow

I don't think It's too bad Hi all I will be looking to "upsize" from my Leon and I think the Exeo exterior looks ok and the inside does also. I think the interior is a step up from the acres of hard creaky plastic in the Leon/Altea/Toledo. The dash in my Mark 1 Leon never creaked and that...
  5. Steering Rack replacement

New Steering rack Hi all At nearly 12,000 miles I've got the creaky steering syndrome when maneouvering and turning the wheel to the left. Also feels heavier and seems to tug from side to side as though caught in a crosswind. Dealer is going to replace the rack and the tracking will be...
  6. Wait over - its here! 2.0TDI Sport observations

Leakyturnip If you have the MFD which comes with the Bluetooth option there is a schematic of the car in the display which tells you if your doors, boot or bonnet are open or unlatched. Again on the MFD you get a text warning message that the screenwash has run out (although I haven't put...
  7. Tailgate springy rubber stopper thing broken

Hi all Bought a mark 2 Leon on 11 November and something's broken off already :( I was giving it a wash today and opened the tailgate to leather off the drips and the passenger side springy rubber stopper thing (I don't know the correct name for it) :confused: fell to bits and landed in...
  8. Drove the 140bhp TDi

Folding mirrors :confused: The mirrors fold in on my Mark 2 Leon on the move Jonno
  9. Why I won't buy Seat again

Why I can't buy a new Leon Hi all With the best will in the world I cannot buy the new Leon/Toledo/Altea. I've had a test drive in the new Leon (TDI Stylance) and loved it. Good seating position, comfortable, enough power for my needs. Except one thing, the atrocious rear view mirror...
  10. Leon 1.9 TDi Stylance

Test Driven Stylance 1.9 TDI Hi all Test drove one on Sunday just gone. I've got to admit I was quite impressed! I didn't realise how cramped the old Leon was for me. The interior seemed no worse than other manufacturers at this price level and significantly better than a Focus. Just...
  11. Why I won't buy Seat again

I might be buying a Leon again Hi all I'm deciding whether to get rid of the Mazda due to following reasons: Now on the third turbo First service £232 :cry: Higher Insurance Higher road tax Less economical Now too big for my purposes There is a cracking deal on the...
  12. Why I won't buy Seat again

Smoky Mazda 6 Diesel (121 PS version) Don't worry there is a logic in the title. I promised to report back if I had problems and I did as quoted below on http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=33048 "Hi all I have a brand new Mazda 6 which I've owned since August 2004 and so far...
  13. Why I won't buy Seat again

Ok Been back 3 times to the dealer for the warning lights fault and it appears that it was a faulty wiring loom. Let's hope it keeps going until I change. 14 warranty trips to the dealer since new and counting. :-o
  14. Why I won't buy Seat again

Demondave I don't wish to name the dealer at the moment as they may have spied the cupra.net window sticker on the rear screen and decided to have a look around the forum. Put it this way, they are ok at servicing but anything out of the ordinary it dosn't seem to compute. Ovnicuprabod...
  15. Why I won't buy Seat again

I have now ordered a Mazda 6 after a test drive. I must admit I didn't find it barge like at all, no rattles squeaks or anything like that, gripped like a limpet with good performance. Please bear in mind I can only compare it with a Leon TDI 110 as I have never driven a Cupra. Please don't...
  16. Why I won't buy Seat again

Ingy What first disillusioned me was the 5 attempts at leak fixing. If this had been fixed the first time or had been the easily fixed well known pollen filter problem I would have shrugged my shoulders and thought it's just one of those things. If nothing else had gone wrong I would have...
  17. Why I won't buy Seat again

What with leaks http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12075 Horn packing up, airbag warning light which won't go off, not being able to get a courtesy car if the dealer cannot fix the airbag fault with a new module. (Car may be in for 2 days). Sorry all, but I'm going for a...
  18. Leaking Doors?

I have had experience in drying out my Leon (see Leaky Pollen Filter Housing)thread in Leon section. What you need to do (it's no joke) :( is drive around with all windows down and direct the heater air on Hi at full blast into the front footwells. This should drive out the moisture...
  19. high level break light

Hi all Hate to be an anorak :p but the high level brake lights are led's and not bulbs. That's why it has to be replaced as a whole unit. In theory they should last for hundreds of hours of constant use and probably the life of the car. Just think how many hours the power light lasts on...
  20. Ticking Noise?

Cheers TDI 110[B] You know how it is, your new baby starts to make noises and you worry about it!!:D