Search results

1. Nurburgring Sticker

I got a sticker during my first or second trip to the ring years ago (years before the MKII leon was evey available) and I put it in a draw and then lost it.
  2. MP3 CDs for the Leon Stereo - what format?

Same here an option on earlier cars, mines an 06 and I paid something like 25 quid to have it. If it hasn't got the mp3 logo near where the disk goes in then I think it won't work.
  3. 30k service on a 2.0 TDI 140

£99 is excellent, I got charged for my 1st year service almost a year ago £208 I think it was by a seat garage near me. I thought I wouldn't be going back there this time around and it looks like I'm not the only one cause it has just closed.
  4. 1.4 TFSI compressor

A supercharger and a turbo charger do basically the same job, that is the job of forced induction, so the fuel/air mix going into the engine is under greater pressure than atmospheric, so more fuel is going in per cycle (and more air) therefore it is more combustible which yeilds greater power...
  5. 140Tdi Car Tax

I got a response from seat on this issue: ---- I can advise that the CO2 emissions for you SEAT Leon with registration **06***, is 154 g/km. I can confirm that the figures listed on the SEAT UK website are for the most recent SEAT models. SEAT UK has taken steps to ensure that all the...
  6. 140Tdi Car Tax

It's weird isn't it, I'm not that fussed if mine is 147 or 154, of course I'd like to save a bit in tax but I'm more bothered by why there is a variation, which seems to be the case for the FRs 170bhp engine as well as the 140bhp models. Only once before I contacted seats customer support...
  7. 140Tdi Car Tax

I've got a response from seat saying the are looking into the matter, so nothing definite as yet. I looked at the Golf with the 2L TDi 140bhp engine and that is down as 145, could anyone who can be bothered to dig out their V5, have a look what your CO2 figure and then post it on this thread...
  8. 140Tdi Car Tax

I thought the CO2 emissions were done under a controlled enviroment and a fixed figure for a certain engine, not some slightly random figure that seems to move around a bit. I sent an email to seat customer support yesterday, no response as yet, when I get one I'll post the respond on this thread.
  9. 140Tdi Car Tax

I just checked my V5 says 154, so that explains why i was charged £145 just not why it is 154, do I have a slightly more polluting engine than everyone else? :D Here is an article showing the reference sport with same engine...
  10. 140Tdi Car Tax

Hi All, I've just been looking through the CO2 emissions for the 140bhp TDi 6 speed leon, as I've got a leon sport and on both the seat web site and on http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/ it is showing as 147. So looking at the car tax brackets...
  11. What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

GTi-R pulsar running 300bhp and 2 RX-7 (3rd gen) one running stock 255bhp and one running 340bhp :)
  12. Removing scratches from glass

It is possible to do you'll be glad to hear, something I've done with a front windscreen of one of my cars before when it accidently got scratched (not saying how it got scratched as it was my fault!). If the scratches are too deep you might be in trouble but mine were pretty deep, you could...
  13. biodiesel

Hi all, I have been very interested in running biodiesel for a while, I thought I read in the owners manual that it's ok to run biodiesel but you have to tell the garage servicing it. Something to do with more frequent fuel filter changes than normal, but don't quote me on this I might have...
  14. Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetricals

I use to run these (Eagle F1 ), nice grippy tyres. The side of the tyres can go quickly if your tracking is off or you're running a bit of positive camber etc , I had a pair go after 3000 miles once, that did involve a good few laps of the nurburgring though so not that bad. I use to get them...
  15. 06 2.0TDI owners (and everyone elses opinion too!)

I have an 06 TDI sport, it doesn't have it, wasn't on the options list, as Dan said it came in later on the FR models.
  16. Torque figures- Leon FR TDi

that's a nice way of thinking about it.
  17. Torque figures- Leon FR TDi

It's difficult subject you're right, which one is more important to performance etc. If you have two cars with 200bhp say and the same weight, gearing driven the same, both petrol cars with the same rev range etc etc but the first car had 150lb/ft and the 2nd had 300lb/ft of torque, the 2nd on...
  18. Torque figures- Leon FR TDi

Hi All, There seems to be a bit of confusion about bhp, torque and is it a power etc. Sadly torque is not multiplied by gears (it'd be great if it was) nor is there any difference between the torque at the engine and at the wheels (that'd be bhp). Torque is a force that is doing mechnical...
  19. Fitting Pioneer AVIC-D3BT into new Leon FR

that looks a nice bit of kit :) I've fitted a few double din stereos before, if you have the correct adapter cables then it's usually pretty easy. Just plug one end into your stereo and the other into your wiring loom for each cable. Removing the old one can be fiddly, I haven't tried on my...
  20. LEON depreciation in ust one year

Hi Paul, No hard feelings :) Yesterday was a really stressful day in work so I was over reacting and really not making much sense in my posts, that's not an excuse I know :) I agree completely that we get our pants pulled down by dealers lol.