Search results

1. What's next?

Asonda. After having an Altea, an Altea XL 170 and then an Exeo ST TSI I have changed to a Golf GT estate. Every time I changed previous cars the spec and quality got better. The idea was a Leon ST but when I sat in the Leon I felt disappointed and I realised how spoilt I had been with the...
  2. Tsi or tfsi

Steve. I have a 200bhp ST. Early vehicles built to April/May 2010 were 197 bhp. After that date they were 211bhp. Easy way to tell the difference apart from the engine number is the CO figure on the reg document. The 197 shows 184 g/kms, the 211 is 162g/kms. The badges on my car say TSI which...
  3. Opinions sought on which Exeo ST

Which ST Interesting to see I am one of a few with a petrol ST. The earlier model was 'only' 200 bhp with a high CO content so as a company car it is expensive. The later model was increased to 211 bhp and the CO was reduced. I did not notice a difference in performance having driven both. The...
  4. Rear Spoiler: Will this fit a Exeo ST?

Chris. Just checked my ST TSI and the diffuser is definitely a seperate part to the bumper. Whether Seat sell it separately is another matter!
  5. 2012 model

Gcott, thanks for the PDF. Interesting in that the white ST in the brochure has a roof mounted '***** fin' antenna. l wonder if Seat are moving away from the expensive glass antennas. Or maybe DAB will soon be offered as an option.
  6. Double glazed side windows

And it also states 'Acoustic' in the bottom corner, cannot remember which side. My screen was replaced by Humphries Seat, not sure which company they used.
  7. Altea centre console removal

Boosch. Send me your e-mail address, l have some pictures that you may find useful. Or text it to07887 662098 Tony
  8. Looking to buy a Seat Altea XL 170PS.. What do I need to look out for?

DPF. Diesel Particle Filter. In very basic terms it is a device in the exhaust used to remove excess soot from the exhaust. (helps to make the planet a cleaner place). It's the bit that clogs up if you drive too slowly so smile and put your foot down for a bit. I'll check later but the light...
  9. Looking to buy a Seat Altea XL 170PS.. What do I need to look out for?

Hi, I've had my 170 XL for almost 3 years. What wears out. If you enjoy driving the front tyres wear quite quickly, you have to balance between the grin factor and the wear factor. I,m always grinning hence tyre wear. Only ever had one problem, valve in the exhaust that caused the car to...
  10. Altea Roofbox advice

Chris. Nice to see the roof bars again !!!! Tony
  11. Head Unit Removal

Paul. Send me your e-mail address and l can send you some pictures on how to remove (if you follow Major Pickles link, Klawit's 'borrowed' picture is my car). If you want some keys let me know your address and l will send you some modified Clarion keys as shown in the picture. And my advice...
  12. XL tyre pressures

Hello Raw. Not sure how to attach a photo. The flap on my XL (2.0 TDI) with 225/45 x17 tyres says. 5 adults with luggage. Front 2.6/36. rear 2.8/41. If you send me your e-mail address l'll send you a picture of the flap. '[email protected]'
  13. Car alarm and dogs??

Good point, never thought of that.:think:
  14. Car alarm and dogs??

Morepower. Glad it works, but it doesn't work with Mother in laws. I leave her in the car, with the keys, tell her to press the button twice, actually hear the car lock and then the deadlocks come off, go in a shop and within a minute the alarm goes off. Can l swop my mother in law for...
  15. Car alarm and dogs??

My first Altea (2004, 54 plate) had the switch to disable the alarm on the B pillar trim. My next Altea (2008, 57 plate) does not have the switch fitted so l now press the remote twice. Hence some people on the forum have the switch and some don't. Tony
  16. Sports Suspension

Coltie. I have the 170TDI which came with sports suspension and 17in wheels as standard. (l added the sports pack option so l had the same seats as my last Altea.) The ride is not the smoothest but is easy to live with. I do about 25,000 each year and when you are off the motorway the...
  17. Roof bars for XL

Markirel. Just being nosey. I've got Thule bars and they have locating pegs on the legs so they can only be fitted to the roof rail to match the holes/detents in them. The picture of your bars look as if they can slide/fit in any position along the roof rail. Is this the case. Tony
  18. Should I buy it?

To add my comment about my Seat dealer in Swindon. I'm on my second Altea bought from the same dealer and got a cracking deal. They collect and deliver the car when it needs a service at times that suit me, (and they now clean it). They phone me if there are any problems. When the first car...
  19. Any XL or Freetrack owners?

Wilkip. My XL is a 170 Stylance with the sport pack and the spec is exactly the same as my old 2005 2.0 TDI Sport that had the optional 17in wheels. The suspension on the new car is not as exterme as the old one but the compromise between comfort and ride/handling is better. Same for the...
  20. Altea XL - 1.6

R6 If you get the chance try a XL 170 diesel with sport pack. I think it could surprise you. I'm getting older and have to carry kids and luggage but mine makes me smile, and pi##es a few people off with it's pace. Tony