Search results

1. aceman

Mk4 cupra pd160

Yes they are standard fit on the MK4 Cupra so unless somebody has fitted an aftermarket silicon hose kit which is quite common as the standard hoses are prone to popping off then you should be able to pick one up from your local SEAT dealers parts counter or TPS online.
  2. aceman

Pd130 vibration

Might simply be engine bay componants vibrating against one another. Check the boost pipe near the fuel filter isn't catching and also if it has a strut brace fitted the airbox can sometimes catch on it causing vibrations. I had similar problems with my first PD130 sport and took some tracking...
  3. aceman

Aircon fan ibiza mk4

There is a 40A fuse located on top of the battery check if this has blown.
  4. aceman

No indicator noise

This place are very good for instrument repairs and have a very quick turnaround. http://www.bba-reman.com
  5. aceman

Car stuck in car park! HELP

When you program new keys if you have old keys you still wish to use you need all the keys available when programming otherwise they will be deleted from the ECU memory. I think as he has used the old key which has effectively been deleted the ECU has wiped the new key out in some sort of...
  6. aceman

Egr light

Lee, if you are not wanting the expense of a remamp you can reflash your ECU with a map that has been modified to just take the EGR off. Badger kindly did this for me and I have the kit to reflash the ECU. ;)
  7. aceman

Leaks oil from exhaust and smoke is coming out of the exaust

I agree turbo is the most logical source. Not likely for valve stem seals to go suddenly like that and to such an extent as to have oil dripping from the exhaust. You don't say diesel or petrol but if diesel be wary of oil getting back into the induction and engine going into perpetual...
  8. aceman

Roof bars/rails for 2004 Toledo.

Ooh that's a good price might look myself do you have a link.
  9. aceman

Roof bars/rails for 2004 Toledo.

The mounting holes are for original SEAT roof bars which are better as the the aftermarket ones usually afix by means of a hook system that goes under the door seal. OEM ones do come up from time to time on ebay for arounf £60-80.
  10. aceman

another turbo needed. HELP!!

There are plenty of places that advertise reconditioned OEM turbos that use genuine parts etc. for around 300 notes so you effectively get a new one back. Don't shoot me though as I have never tried one of these services but there should be one not too far away from you, just ring around a few...
  11. aceman

Please help engine over revving and warning light

Does sound like a battery/power problem as these kind of faults do throw up all sorts of funnies and dont always produce a code. As mentioned above check the earth points around the engine and also the battery contacts by disconnecting and reconnecting not just giving them a wiggle but ensure...
  12. aceman

None flip to flip key question.

I think you diagnosed your problem in your second post. There are some varients of fobs that operated on different frequencies and if your fob doesnt match you wont have a cat in hells chance of getting the car to recognise it.
  13. aceman

New car went bang 10 mins after purchase!

I suspect as the others do it will be a blown hose. It has happened to me and it makes a hell of a bang like a balloon poping. Then you lose power with loads of smoke out of the exhaust, not a pleasent experience especially with a new car but hopefully it will be confirmed as that and is an easy...
  14. aceman

boosting problem 1.9 tdi pd150 fr

Variable veins in the turbo they are prone to coking up and sticking effecting boost control. They can stick causing over boost problems resulting in limp mode and can also prevent full boost effectively creating turbo lag. Usually cured by cleaning the turbo which can be done through several...
  15. aceman

boosting problem 1.9 tdi pd150 fr

Sticky VNT ?
  16. aceman

Engine coolant temp sensor

Cheers
  17. aceman

Engine coolant temp sensor

Hi all, I have a minor problem which presents itself with an intermittent high idle occasionally. When sat at a junction with the engine still warming up from a cold start I sometimes see the revs rise to around 1100rpm but returns to normal next time I stop. Hooked up vagcom and came up...
  18. aceman

Just got a Toledo!

If the MAF was affecting performance that much I doubt a clean will make any difference as it will be fubarred. If you can go for an original Bosch one, ECP should sell them, or even try your local Seat dealer or VW one for that matter as I know they used to run a service exchange program on...
  19. aceman

pd130 original bin file

Cool many thanks :funk:
  20. aceman

pd130 original bin file

Wow you are a star, is that standard map with just EGR delete?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.