Search results

1. Mattyh87

Front Seat Mechanism

Sorry to bring up an old thread! im havin the same problem with the seat mechanism - was wondering if anyone knows how much a dealer is going to charge me for this! both seats need stripping - both feel loose as if partially catching on something but the seat wont fold :(
  2. Mattyh87

Price of diesel

we could all just veto the use of a single petrol/diesel garage like BP. if you knock their profits they will start to lobby the government.
  3. Mattyh87

A 1.4 handling better than an FR?

smaller width of the tyres makes turn in better. I doubt it would out handle the FR TDi - suspension on the 1.4 is pretty soft and the car tilts a lot through corners.
  4. Mattyh87

Turbo & Intercooler pipes

The RAC used 4 tie straps to hold the boost pipe on :) lasted for a good few months and still on! Why not just change the clips?
  5. Mattyh87

Problem! Again

It has taken months (serviced = coolant change, in March/April time?) for the coolant to lose so much however. I drove 40 miles today without any noticable decrease in the amount of coolant - wouldnt it be more likely to be a slow leak from somewhere else in the coolant system? Ill take it to a...
  6. Mattyh87

Problem! Again

You can mix G12+ with G11 and G12 according to VW service. but not G11 and G12. Also, no white smoke apart from when cold at start up, its not the oil cooler, no smell of coolant from exhaust or engine, no leak. topped up at home, drove it, it went down a bit (probably an air lock) topped up...
  7. Mattyh87

Problem! Again

Could be oil cooler according to VW after speaking to their servicing person.
  8. Mattyh87

Problem! Again

Timbo - i thought if you ran it on water it would cause cavitation? As the coolant prevents erosion of certain parts. No "steam" or white smoke apart from when just switching it on occassionally which i thought was fairly standard. Sometimes get a bit of grey/black smoke. when booting it which...
  9. Mattyh87

Problem! Again

Will do tonight. And see how it goes. If i get G12+ coolant does that mix with G11 and G12? Will get a lift to VW garage - get some coolant top up, and see if it leaks. Whats the coolant capacity of the system (if anyone knows) If it leaks, off to the garage :(
  10. Mattyh87

Problem! Again

The coolant temperature went up on the way back from Nottingham, going upto around 115C Maximum in traffic after a hard drive. Looked in the coolant box, couldnt see anything. I reckon, that maybe, the last place i serviced it at topped it up, or changed it for water without G12+ additive in...
  11. Mattyh87

tdi wastegate louder than my mate 1.8t cupra

You mean what sounds like wastegate chatter? could it be the air intake?
  12. Mattyh87

PD130 TDi - Very low MPG!

MPG seems fine at the mo - a vagcom scan will be good anyway :) Will try and get to the next meet up north - or midlands.
  13. Mattyh87

on an exceptionally hard drive (Manc to Alton towers) it returned just over 40 mpg. Seems like it actually did return that aswell - wierd. Maybe it was a bad batch of fuel? Or the Millers additive is doing its work :)
  14. Mattyh87

Ibiza Cupra TDi Milltek Non Resonated Exhaust

It sounds especially good in tunnels - as it is really bassy in a nice way (coming out of Donnington from the infield - people in the tunnels were turning around expecting to see somethin exotic - but saw a diesel seat instead ;P) - and isnt loud unless you are gettin the revs up high - makes it...
  15. Mattyh87

That would equate to approximately 25mpg (2 gallon reserve tank, 10 gallons in total) I know the fuel light can come on earlier depending on how the car is driven. But it seems its drunk quite a bit to get through that amount of diesel. Usually, the journey is onto a motorway immediately so...
  16. Mattyh87

I did that if you read the first post :) I got 200 miles from a full tank (albiet fuel light to fuel light) its not driven slowly most of the time and at this time was used mainly for short journeys. so it worked out at about 25mpg. I was at the time using Redex - and now im using Millers 4 instead
  17. Mattyh87

Thanks for that. I reckon the mist is water, as its only really visible on a damp or raining night.
  18. Mattyh87

If i reset the ECU will i need the radio code. That could be a problem. I cant smell diesel usually unless ive just filled up :) Sometimes at night there is a mist coming from under the bonnet, a very fine one usually when its cold. I put that down to condensation, havent seen it for a good...
  19. Mattyh87

Will get someone to look. What do you mean by misting? from the engine bay? thanks for the help aswell - much appreciated. I put in texaco fuel usually. thats where i filled the tank. I had some redex in at the same time. Hope its not bust something :( It sounds expensive though if there is a...
  20. Mattyh87

There isnt a puddle under the car - ive checked that.