Search results

1. Lippo

Not the usual rear wash/wipe leak question..

Cheers for that - looks like I'll have to replace it. Tried WD40 but didn't make any difference. Prob have to get a recon motor.
  2. Lippo

Not the usual rear wash/wipe leak question..

Hi, I've noticed my rear washer started leaking again a couple of weeks ago. I didn't seem to leak as much as before and it was still getting a good jet of water onto the rear screen. I took off the bootlid trim (for the millionth time..) and saw that the washer pipe was still firmly...
  3. Lippo

Heater won't blow cold air!!

I had a minor problem with mine a while back, it would only blow cold air. I discoonected the battery for a few seconds and it reset itself.
  4. Lippo

Trip Computer on a 55 Plate Ibiza Tdi Sport... Standard or an option?

Should be standard. What does the left indicator stalk look like?
  5. Lippo

Help / advice needed please

New rubber gaitor (boot) instead? Would be a lot cheaper than a new rack.
  6. Lippo

Boost hose popped off again!!!

The heatshrink is a great idea, one I didn't think of when my hose popped off at the bottom. I just used cable ties to form a cage around the join, one around the hose and one around the plastic connector it joins to. Then I cable tied those two cable ties together. Only cost a couple of pence...
  7. Lippo

Towbar, Bike rack

You will be hard pushed to find a towbar that doesn't need the bumper cutting slightly. I did mine last year and the cut is minimal and can't be seen unless your under the car. I also bought a Mottez 4 bike carrier for the towbar which is brilliant.
  8. Lippo

Brake bleeding help!

Make sure you don't suck air back into the system by taking your foot off the brake pedal (after pumping) until you've tightened the nipple. I used Eazibleed, much easier.
  9. Lippo

Unsure what this button does?

Haha, nice one!! Smoke screen??
  10. Lippo

312mm Upgrade

That's where I got mine from.
  11. Lippo

Please help! Rear speaker cables???

Yep, you got it. Feed the wire from the front passenger footwell behind th glovebox to the rear of the radio. Then start tucking the remaining wire under the plastic sill by the bottom of the door. Lift up the rear seats and pull them forward so you can guide the more easily to the boot. I...
  12. Lippo

Please help! Rear speaker cables???

There's no way I would be cutting any wires that are part of the loom. Just feed the wire that came with the speakers from the dash to the rear, hiding it under the trim panels by the door sill. Very easy to do.
  13. Lippo

C2 aerial and lack of radio reception

Not had any experience with this particular booster, but it should fit and work ok. It's only a few quid as well.
  14. Lippo

YOUR OPINION - tuning box for cupra TDI

Try Adrian Flux for a quote. All my mods declared and its around £340 protected no claims. I am 39 though but live in a Liverpool postcode (ouch).
  15. Lippo

Brakes and issues

Shouldn't need re-balancing or tracking again but make sure if the tyre is rotating in the correct direction shown by the arrow on the sidewall ie, dont swap from side to side, only front to rear.
  16. Lippo

Remapped and...

Definitely TT brakes. My standard brakes were just about ok. I put the TT brakes on and they felt so much better. You know the feeling you got when you drove your remapped car for the first time? That's the same feeling you get when you slam your 312mm anchors on for the first time as well...
  17. Lippo

Changing wheels, affect speedo?

Good website and calc. I used it when getting my 17"s :thumbup:
  18. Lippo

Changing wheels, affect speedo?

I think the mpg gets worse due to the combined weight of the new, larger wheel and the tyre. This unsprung weight can have an adverse effect. I lost around 5mpg when I put VRS alloys on. I did use cheapo tyres so they may have caused extra drag as well. The 17" wheel/tyre combo felt much...
  19. Lippo

Going back to standard map - more MPG?

I've used it for ages. It does make the engine run smoother and mpg does increase slightly. I bought 5 litres of the stuff for around £60 so it only cost around 60p per shot. I'm getting more than that back in the amount of fuel saved. I can't see any point in unmapping for car unless you want...
  20. Lippo

standard tdi130 intercooler pipes

Never heard of any standard replacements although you'd think they would exist. If you're getting leaks, they need changing as it drastically affects the performance of the engine. The buggers like to pop off as well.