Search results

1. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

Few random pictures of the past few months. Exhaust is turbo back 3" to a 2.5" back box We didn't like how the turbo flange had welded so chopped it off and made a new one Welded up the boost pipes with the map sensor flange and rv take off Heat wrapped the exhaust as it's close...
  2. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

No where near as quick as it should. Not done as much as I should over the past 3 months as been mega busy at work and home. Then other annoying thing is on the last car we knew all the bits to basically bolt together like a big mecanno set. With this one its a bit different. It's almost...
  3. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

Not had much time recently to spend on the project. With work and life and then loosing the unit and moving it all back home.however this has meant I get some more time to work on it. All hoses are now on and done. Turbo is all plumbed in and ready. Needed to do the inner arches to keep...
  4. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

Forgot about this thread. it's been a roller coater for sure. missed this season's racing now,and times been a bit short this past few months. any how after a long list of issues it runs. short of it was the ecu was faulty and we had to modify the gearbox for the starter. as I've used a g60...
  5. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

brief update of where we are with this. not had chance to update any build threads. G60 flywheel. and vr6 cover plate. vr6 sized clutch with Nissan 350z centre spline We then cut off the original fitting from the k04-064 turbo and welded a 70mm elbow onto it, so it can be easily...
  6. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

To be honest the chose was already made for me, as Dave Billings at Tornado motorsport had already had the adaptor made up by Rakeway engineering in Cheadle. I looked into it before purchasing the lot and the CD009 prefix boxes are apparently the ones to go for as the week syncro on the...
  7. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

and a few of the old/present car
  8. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

You get the idea. Give me a welder and some spanners. But a bloody computer no chance. No idea how sort these dam pictures
  9. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

[url=http://postimg.org/image/dizl5sxl7/] I got it home and set about making some alterations. Like removing the rear air dam as we won't be running a rear rad. Also removed the side bars as they were added after the frame was built and not in proper roll cage tube, plus I couldn't get in. We...
  10. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

This is what it was like when I brought it . It's a brand new 3m frame which has been built and then added to for various brakes etc. It was built with an r 380 manual landrover gear box and td5 diesel but they were removed before I purchased it. The Fox coil overs are 12" travel and are brand...
  11. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

Need to sort hosting some pictures. Any one any ideas Had 10 hours on it today. And managed to set fire to my overalls with the plasma cutter . Oops
  12. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

Need to sort hosting some pictures. Any one any ideas Had 10 hours on it today. And managed to set fire to my overalls with the plasma cutter . Oops
  13. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

Had a few days on it recently. The engine is in, mounted 13 behind the front axle. Radiator and intercooler are mounted. The spaceframe is a 3m but I've altered a few bits to get it how I want. The engine is mounted to the 350z box which is all mounted in place. The drivers floor frame has been...
  14. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

Hi, thanks for the reply. It is for cross country type racing. Usually a course between 3 and 6 miles where we do a set number of timed runs. If you YouTube comp safari it gives an idea. I'm ideally looking for a power and torque figure around the 330-350 mark. And after reading aa thread...
  15. turbo advice for 1.8t comp safari offroad racer

dont know where to start is so ill keep it short. ive had a few 1.8t cars ibiza, golf etc and an r32t but im now building a comp safari off road racer, my current car has a pitiful 220bp 3.9rover v8. now with the new car im building i wanted to go against the grain, low weight small engine...
  16. Coilovers

the v maxx ones are shite mate i had them on my ibiza and they are really bouncy the fk's on my golf are loads better
  17. Wide 15"s on a cupra?

the cupra bumper would be on the floor. mine was very very low on d90s and the bumper would scrape everything. and the sump.
  18. Am04 Turb0

you wouldn't be able to fit it in any way, i fitted my 2.75" dp and it was really really tight a 3" is going to be murder to fit, but a 4" no way
  19. D90's...

20. D90's...

it had some really kerby 17" allesion rims on it when I got her which I started to refurb in matt black look good now(still have these if any ones got £50) then a set of really rare azev k's i think they were 6 spoke dished design. then some white compo mos then some polished d90s and some...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members