Search results

1. Silver Bullet

no cold air/ vagcom error

happy Just took it out, with 4 people on board on 38°C heat and it struggled but it's working, hope it keeps doing that. Guess that $1000 job at the stealers could be fixed by just resetting the fault codes, so they'll be hearing soon from Consumer Rights. I found the instructions for this...
  2. Silver Bullet

update OK, finally got the car back from the dealers, and it appears they really have no idea what to do so they just decided that changing everything would solve the problem. So, after doing some research this is what I found: 4 error codes, 33.3, both fan communication errors and the...
  3. Silver Bullet

Hi guys, I'm having a similar problem and I hope you can help. My aircon works fine at night but doesn't cool well during the day, thought it might need gas as the car is 3 years old so I took it to the dealer to have it serviced and regassed. I had taken it 2 days earlier for a service (same...
  4. Silver Bullet

calling all REVO'ers

Not yet, I'll give it as a Christmas present to my car. Anyone tried it on a non turbo petrol car?
  5. Silver Bullet

my first posting / my first seat / please help

Nice car, kinda reminds me of mine, hehe, the color is also great. These cars do make some noise at highway speeds so take a ride in another and compare the noise, if yours is much worse I'd keep bugging the dealer until the problem is fixed.
  6. Silver Bullet

MK4 Ibiza replacement 2008

Don't forget how the toledo was absolutely ruined
  7. Silver Bullet

Lost the passenger wing mirror when folded in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I've started to think that these expensive self folding mirrors arent really a good idea, they're supposed to fold to avoid damage but they are MUCH more fragile than good old fashioned hand folding mirrors, now I have a self folding right mirror and a "manually" folding left mirror (as...
  8. Silver Bullet

Air con in reverse!!

Good, I thought something had gone horribly wrong with some cables when the dealer replaced my reverse light switch, good to know it's actually supposed to do that although I wouldn't really call it a "vital" safety feature
  9. Silver Bullet

no reverse lights

happened to me, check bulbs and the fuse, my switch was replaced under warranty
  10. Silver Bullet

calling all REVO'ers

Finally found a place to get my car revo'd!!! now I just need the money and no, I won't tell the insurance company, they are expensive enough as it is
  11. Silver Bullet

Broken Cup Holder

how's the european version different? I am in Mexico and as I see it it must be a european cupholder since only the kids drinks from any fast food place fit (confirming stereotypes I know)
  12. Silver Bullet

refurbed alloys...but what colour?

car looks great as is, I'd just give the aluminum a nice polishing and some clearcoat
  13. Silver Bullet

Broken Cup Holder

My piece of plastic fell also, the dealer wouldn't change it under warranty, still haven't found much use for the cupholder though since it's too small for basically any cup, BTW it didn't really hold red bull cans well even before the little plastic thing broke, noticed it says in the manual to...
  14. Silver Bullet

wet footwell

It's still quite a lot of water as you describe it, if it hasn't been raining too hard you should also check for other possible places where water might be getting in; I'd use some silicone to seal the hole
  15. Silver Bullet

Cupra Tdi Steering

They do that? when I read the problem my first thought was torque steer since my car is left hand drive and I also think it pulls just a very little bit to the left, which would cause the scenario you described if I decided to fall asleep at the wheel
  16. Silver Bullet

Installing of Baggage door lamp.

right on the first one but he should really be looking for an unswitched live, as most of the time the boot light is needed the car is turned off
  17. Silver Bullet

Is my tyre okay?

I wouldn't be concerned with the spare tire having just a little more thread than the other three, but if you are just turn the steering wheel slightly to the left, pull the handbrake and do a 40 to 60 second burnout and that should take care of the excess thread, lol
  18. Silver Bullet

wet footwell

My old corsa had this problem, maybe it's the same on the Seat, check if the little hose to dispose of the A/C's condensation water isn't plugged, I remember on that car it would always get plugged with dirt and the passenger's footwell would get all the water, Every 50 miles or so I had to hit...
  19. Silver Bullet

Installing of Baggage door lamp.

connector's legend, well no idea there, sometimes some connectors have little numbers in them for each cable, that could be it, or just use a multimeter
  20. Silver Bullet

Is my tyre okay?

or just trade it with the spare, It's still good enough for spare duty