Search results

1. daveyonthemove

Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

Looking very nice Maz :D I notice a few touches i've seen elsewhere ;)
  2. daveyonthemove

Price of diesel

How much money would you save adding 1 litre of £1 veg oil to 55 litres of £1.30 diesel? :doh:
  3. daveyonthemove

58.3mpg no word of a lie

I used to get 200 miles and some before the needle moved in my leon, but that was with a vented tank which i have squeezed 59.8 litres into when i ran it quite low once. 600 miles was easy to get from it, and if i had a few motorway cruises at 70mph i could get 680 before getting twitchy and...
  4. daveyonthemove

Cruise control fitting service

Different car. Same principal. http://www.vagweb.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5773
  5. daveyonthemove

Which Car and Engine

Better the devil you know...
  6. daveyonthemove

Bye Bye Engine Cover

I only ever had problems with mine when i fitted a strut brace, but i found a cure without having to remove the cover. Been fine since.
  7. daveyonthemove

Which Car and Engine

A Leon TDI with sub 50K on the clock is going to be a good buy if it has service history. these engines are only just loosening off at this milage, and have planty of life left in them. You could pick up a nice one with your budget on a 55 plate if you shop around and that means you will still...
  8. daveyonthemove

PD150 Engine Cover Removal

Mine came with Silver letters on a silver plate: But with a small tin of hamerite and fine brush i rectified that problem: Personally i think its something SEAT overlooked as a finishing touch under the bonnet, but we're all different :)
  9. daveyonthemove

i Bought the lead and indicator stalk off Vag Parts first. I don't have their number at hand mate, but look in the JBS section on the forum and its there somewhere ;)
  10. daveyonthemove

I had my Leon done at JBS and they got it done in an hour and its never let me down. Its meant to be an easy enough DIY job, but its one i'd rather leave to the pro's due to the airbag. Paying someone a labour charge is far nicer than shelling out for a new airbag and not being able to drive...
  11. daveyonthemove

Upsolutely Chuffed!!

Don't see why not, mine spools up roughly the same time.
  12. daveyonthemove

Just modded my cold air feed. Leon FR TDI

I'm glad someone has tried this and can back up what i said from the start. Its a far better mod than when i fitted an induction kit to a previous car.
  13. daveyonthemove

Good work Maz! Keep us updated on how you get on. its not too hard to fit, just take your time to plan your route and how to move what you need to make it easier.
  14. daveyonthemove

Good man. Your easily influenced by me :lol:
  15. daveyonthemove

its about 18" above road level. there is no way i'd be daft enough to drive through water that deep, and there are two solutions to anyone who is worried. 1) cut some holes in the ducting so if there is a puddle thats getting in the pipe, there won't be enough vacume to suck it up. 2) if your...
  16. daveyonthemove

the bumper stayed on. Only fiddling i had to do was to remove the battery in order to get the pipe down the side of the wing, and then i put the battery in again. The plastic surround by the headlights is a pain and i had to cut a section of it away to feed the pipe down, so if you don't fancy a...
  17. daveyonthemove

The ducting and mesh was a complete package from Demon Tweeks. Its only 1 metre in length, but that seems to be just right for the location i have it in now. There isn't any real need to remove the bulb as it isn't obstructing the air feed in any way, and if anything it might stop large bits of...
  18. daveyonthemove

Price of diesel

I was getting expenses too, and it covered the costs when fuel was 94p per litre, but now its around the £1.20 its no where near enough, and as a result it's been a big factor in the reason for me moving out of my house and living back in service accomadation again. Simply can't afford to keep...
  19. daveyonthemove

Price of diesel

70 fookin quid to fill mine up yesterday!!!! took exactly 60 litres so i must have been on fumes when i got there. I know i get 680 miles to the tank, but i can't drive any slower for more mpg, it will mentally destroy me. Fed up of paying stupid amounts now, this country is raping us for all...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.