Search results

1. my traction control light intermitantly comes on? please help

I've had a similar issue to you. Took it to a good friend of this forum (maybe not for the mods) and he did a diagnostic for me. I thought a ABS sensor had gone because the brake pedal was dancing when the light showed and I was braking. In actual fact it was the steering angle sensor was...
  2. Bosch aero wipers

What do they mean when they say 1 is broken? Anywho, I got two sets of Aero Twins off eBay for the mega sum of £16.20 (AR533S) which are the retro fit onto the standard arms. I cannot fault them and this first set of which I have bought are still going even though I got them over a year ago!
  3. Whirring on downshift 225 LCR

Depends on the mileage, it could be something as simple as needing a gearbox drain and new fluid added or resetting the shift cables. The whirring could be the clutch/DMF as mine does that sometimes especially when cold.
  4. Discs warped again

Tyre wear isn't comparable to brake wear/warping as the design and forces involved are different. You would be surprised how you driving style affects brakes. You say you mainly do motorway mileage, have you considered that if your in stop, start traffic that having to brake every 20...
  5. Lumpy running queries?

Probably the engine coolant temp sensor but you will need to check this on a diagnosis machine or VAG-COM to confirm.
  6. Is there anything you can do on an LCR thats free and gets you more BHP?

Apart from smoothing and/or drilling the airbox everything else costs. Losing weight won't increase your BHP but will mean your BHP/ton will be better so things like acceleration and fuel economy will increase. Top speed will remain the same or slightly less strangely!?
  7. Rear pads lcr

I have got DS2500 all round with EBC grooved discs as they were a package. Although a bit overkill on the back, the compound does mean the car does stop when it is cold with a great initial bite which furthur improves the more frequently I use them. For the backs you don't need to go...
  8. My Seat Leon Cupra R ** CAR SOLD* NEW CAR!

I deem it a false economy to drop a tenner, or twenty in. I have always filled up in full and with Optimax back in the day ala V-Power now and tend to fill up 12-13 times a year.
  9. LCR - squirmy under heavy braking

I had a similar problem, hitting the brakes hard the car tended to veer to the right so had to correct with some oppo and the back brakes didn't feel 'right'. It turned out that my rear O/S caliper had died (seized to the point it boiled the brake fluid) so when I hit the pedal, the EBD/ABS...
  10. Whats the biggest discs you can fit on LCR's?

You can use bigger discs that 323mm and 330mm. This would mean changing the calipers to either a Porsche set or going to AP/Brembo aftermarkets. Spacing wise you could fit 4 pot 355mm discs with the correct mono-bloc calipers and a change to the brackets (assuming on using the LCR wheels).
  11. Ticking noise on idle?

Normal, search for carbon (charcoal) canister and all will be revealed.
  12. Cheap shell v power petrol/diesel 12/11/2010

Rollocks, seems to happen two weeks after I have filled up and have taken holiday off from work so still have half the tank full. Oh well just gonna top it up, then probably tops the folks car up with diesel as well to get more shell points
  13. Lcr rebuild no 2 :)

Looking good with the new polisher. Did you find it easy to use? From the pics you've done an awesome job!
  14. Clutch

Depending on the mileage and what type of driving the car has experienced, you may not need a new flywheel just the clutch
  15. Lcr rebuild no 2 :)

I'm enjoying watching the bits and pieces all come back together! Hopefully it should be back on the road soon
  16. Brake Squeal!!

It's unusual to find larger pads for the Brembo's from places like GSF/Eurocarparts. I had a rather frustrating encounter with ECP when I was enquiring about the price of pads for my LCR. I know what pad size was needed yet they insisted the pads for the 312mm disc was what I needed - the...
  17. Shell V-power99 + E85 = ?

Having a mix of the two does have benefits, my mate uses it on his car and that will normally have a lot of issues pinking if he doesn't use either a combination of RON99 and E85 or RON99 and 105 RF. Pre-detention aside the cooling effect of the E85 helps and means he doesn't have to run...
  18. hot while racing

The engine's cooling is impeller driven so is normal under high load and on an incline
  19. Rims

My mate has similar design wheels on his R34 and when I put one of the wheels in profile against my car they did look superb. I did look into it and the wheels do not come in a 5x100 fitment but the cheaper replica's often do.
  20. What tyres to purchase?

I've got Falken 452's at the moment and they are pretty good. Had the LCR standard Pirelli's previously and they weren't that great to be honest. Swapped the fronts to Hankook's and although the grip was terrible, they were supreme in the wet and that's something I miss dearly in the Falkens...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.