Search results

1. Rick 01

What fuel do you use on your LCR?

I used to use nothing but Tesco 99 octane. Trouble is, I do 15K miles a year and can no longer afford it. So now it's Morrison's 95 all the way. Still goes like a rocket!
  2. Rick 01

power increase

A remap is your best bet. It will boost power by 25 to 40 hp. Doesn't cost the earth and will improve the throttle response and be more economical if you drive it carefully. (Which you won't!). Feels like a different car when it's been done.
  3. Rick 01

cam belt snapping damage

My old Polo had 65K on the clock when the water pump went. Might be worth doing it now.
  4. Rick 01

those with jabba remaps

I had mine done at Jabba (custom remap for 99 octane) just over a year ago now. The power went up from about 225 PS to 270 PS according to the dyno at Jabba. However I had it tested on another RR and it was only ~ 265 PS and that was with a cone air filter fitted. The Jabba rollers are a...
  5. Rick 01

Best all round LCR Exhaust

The trouble with exhausts on the LCR is that they don't give much 'bang for your buck' when compared to a remap etc. Mine does indeed spool quicker, and the 'before and after' power/torque curves do show an improvement. Much more torque at lower revs now and holds it a bit better too...
  6. Rick 01

LCR Bonnet Bra

I don't think it improves the looks, but I now have three huge paint chips in the nose of mine. This would have prevented them, and the cost of repairs is looking like £120 + VAT. I drive lots of motorway miles and it now seems like a sensible investment tbh!
  7. Rick 01

Throttle Body Hoses anybody?

Right, thanks. I'm looking into getting a Forge FMIC. I think the one I'm looking at already comes with a pair of these as part of the kit. Won't bother with these then.
  8. Rick 01

Strange ticking :S

They all tick don't they? Including Golf's etc. Never really bothered me!
  9. Rick 01

Throttle Body Hoses anybody?

Whilst buying a new TIP from Awesome-Gti, I noticed these: http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/images/aprhose18t225tb.jpg Would there be any advantages from upgrading to these? Other than they may be a bit more hard wearing?
  10. Rick 01

New Engine

I got my down pipe & cat from Piper, bought it from them direct. I'm not sure who the best suppliers are for Milltek etc. Piper is good though, they do a custom system for either of the petrol Cupra models infact.
  11. Rick 01

New Engine

Oh, now I've read your other reply I see why you want a new engine!!
  12. Rick 01

New Engine

I would sooooo love a 4WD Cupra, but don't think I could put up with it being LHD! If you want more power, you'd be better off getting a hybrid turbo, and a larger front mount intercooler (and maybe bigger down pipe & cat back pipe too). Remap to suit the mods and you will get much more...
  13. Rick 01

OE LCR exhaust

Whatever the price, she will say it's too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Rick 01

OE LCR exhaust

I have an entire LCR system for sale. That being the down pipe, cat and and full back system. I got a piper one a few months back, then arranged to sell my OEM and the deal fell through. The car it's of was itself was registered in July 2005, and apart from the usual stone chips and...
  15. Rick 01

cheap inlet manifold for lcr,s3

What sort of power should your engine be making before a tuned/uprated manifold is worth investing in guys?
  16. Rick 01

new goodies fitted today!

Sounds just like mine after I had it done, and there is a bit of movement in the induction kit too but it's never been a problem. I would say everything is fine!
  17. Rick 01

lcr intercooler

Has anybody with a FMIC had problems with it getting damaged by stone chips etc? I plan to get mine fitted in the next month and it's a concern as I do lots of motorway driving. Also as the FMIC is located infront of the radiator does this cause any 'issues' with engine temps, as maybe...
  18. Rick 01

Is This a Ringer, Or Have I Confused Myself

Yes very little difference, the 225 is 225 'PS' and that is actually 222 BHP. The '210' is 210 BHP, so it's only 12 BHP difference. Having read lots of articles on this and other forums over the past few years the consensus is that the reason for the power difference is the ECU's map...
  19. Rick 01

remapping survey- reliability issues

I've done 16,500 miles since I got it re-mapped. No problems whatsoever. The clutch seems fine, not a hint of slipping etc. The car has done 31 500 miles overall now in it's 30 month life. Considering it is an ex-demo I got from Seat UK, I reckon that shows how tough LCR's really are...
  20. Rick 01

choises and prices for ss exhaust

Yeah, get the new LCR Piper system. One word.....Awesome!
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.