Search results

1. spikeydoo

Gear shifter change! Retrofit

Not done this, but from memory you have to heat the internal shift mechanism so that it becomes twistable and slowly twist it until the button is at the front of the shifter. People then reinforced it with some sort of epoxy resin - I toyed with the idea, but was never brave enough to do it -...
  2. spikeydoo

USB Memory Stick Intermittent on Media System Plus

I'm using a 500gb TRANSCEND StoreJet and it's been fine. It's usb powered shock resistant HDD
  3. spikeydoo

OEMVAG website

I picked up this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXCLUSIVE-RUBBER-BOOT-LINER-MAT-TRAY-SEAT-LEON-III-2013-on-/121173963977?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c3687f4c9 fits perfectly, made of flexible rubber - easily as good/better quality than OEM
  4. spikeydoo

Whiter or LED fog lights

I thought they might get warm, didn't appreciate they'd get that hot. I got these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121161815522?var=420164997255&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271271076708?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
  5. spikeydoo

Whiter or LED fog lights

Thanks for the info, I'll be having a go at this at the weekend, so much appreciated. I'll be fitting these: I'm assuming I'll need some resistors, so got these to accompany them:
  6. spikeydoo

Whiter or LED fog lights

I've ordered some LEDs for the fogs, but read it's a front bumper off - is that correct? If so might not bother....
  7. spikeydoo

Vinyl Mods

Just the lower centre on the leon, it's matt grey vs black.
  8. spikeydoo

Vinyl Mods

Done both the Leon and the Ibiza: Just the lower centre on the leon, but the lower and upper on the Ibiza. Also bought some Plasti-dip in mat grey, was thinking of trying the wing mirror caps at some point
  9. spikeydoo

First VCDS mods on my SC FR 1.8tsi

Thanks, I'll have another try tomorrow. Got rid of the ignition on bong and the needle sweep working a treat. Need to find the sound actuator, the list was huge and in German, so will have a proper look through the options. Thanks for posting these up!!
  10. spikeydoo

First VCDS mods on my SC FR 1.8tsi

Hi I've enabled the laptimer using VCDS, but it's not showing up on the DIS, is there anything else that needs to be done to get the laptimer to show? Cheers
  11. spikeydoo

Oil consumption on my Ibiza Cupra 1.4 TSI

Why do you have to check the oil when cold?
  12. spikeydoo

Taking apart the tailgate handle/badge

ah I see, never thought of that, nice one.
  13. spikeydoo

Taking apart the tailgate handle/badge

If your only painting the 'S' could you get away with just using the screwdriver twist method in your earlier instructions? or does the whole caboodle have to come off??
  14. spikeydoo

Boca and Cupra prices increased,but still much cheaper than the A1!

wow an S1 costing the same as a golf gti... thats madness....:confused: I saw the A1 concept at goodwood last year & it does look real good - but I agree with the above can't justify that sort of price tag...
  15. spikeydoo

LED Light Upgrades

man your well commited.... :lol: I don't think I'm up to that :headhurt: fair play.... think I'll opt for the LED sides instead.
  16. spikeydoo

LED Light Upgrades

Dave nice info... I have the led drl's. Out of interest how much effort is it to change the fogs over??
  17. spikeydoo

Racing brakes upgrade

I work in Taunton, saw your local too :D There is an orange FR in WSM - guy picked it up the same week as me - other than that I've seen nowt locally
  18. spikeydoo

Racing brakes upgrade

I've yet to see another fr, cupra or boc in our area - like rocking horse poo :D I didn't have much joy with Taunton SEAT at all, Holders were great - no discount but I got a top px deal that matched the best discount deal I could get anywhere else. Whichever you go for I'm sure you'll be...
  19. spikeydoo

Racing brakes upgrade

If that does happen it'll probly be me.... ;) :p
  20. spikeydoo

Sudden surge when reversing with DSG

same thing happened to me today, think Octane has it there as I was on a slight slope so could easily be put down to the hill hold / brakes.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise