Search results

1. stevie.w

Cure for gear stick rattle on TDI 6 speed box

mines still rattlin away after nearly 4 years
  2. stevie.w

no boost!! vag com help please

got the sensor replaced and shes back to her usual sporty self again, wouldnt like to think what seat wouldve charged me to do what turned out to be a five minute job, cheers for the help stoney youve proved invaluable yet again
  3. stevie.w

well i just pulled the old map sensor outta it, but i wont have a new one to put into it until tomorrow, phoned donnelly SEAT there and there lookin 29.99 plus vat for one, so ill get this tomorrow then stick it into her hopefully that will sort it
  4. stevie.w

aye sounds like that then, car is always in limp mode, ill have a look around it tomorrow to see if i can spot anything, have to go to work now, working nights so ill try and have a look in the morning, keep an eye on this thread i may need your help again lol, cheers for the info.
  5. stevie.w

all ecu connections look grand, i had a hoke round there, is this why she aint boostin then because of this sensor???
  6. stevie.w

ran a scan there with vagcom and it logged 17564 manifold pressure sensor, is this anything to do with n75 valve???? cheers:( :cry: do i even have an n75??? whats the black box on the drivers side at back??
  7. stevie.w

18" wheels on an ibiza

the 18s leave the car very hard and i dont think it does them any good, im actually concidering going back to the standard 16 sport rims again, i dont think the 18s give the car go kart handling at all, it leaves the car very heavy and it just doesnt feel as agile, beeza your wee car looks well...
  8. stevie.w

18" wheels on an ibiza

if you wanna keep the acceleration and the "go kart" handling keep the wee wheels on her, if your more interested in looks throw the big wheels on....simple as..
  9. stevie.w

What fuel do you use?

well i filled my car twice out of a local independant station and the diesel i got must be pure crap cause both times i filled there i had real bother gettin my car to start, i normally fill at asda and have no probs but when i fill out of this other staion my car goes like crap....my car just...
  10. stevie.w

18" wheels on an ibiza

yeah you need 7.5 width with the 18s, i had no bother getting these, if you go for 8s youll loose full lock and suffer from a lot of rubbing in the corners
  11. stevie.w

18" wheels on an ibiza

the difference between the 16s and 18s with low profiles is pretty small but thers enough of a diff that when i had to put the 16 spare on the front the other day it mucked about with the traction control, so it sensed a difference in how quick the two wheels were turning
  12. stevie.w

18" wheels on an ibiza

aye its a stiffer ride and you feel the bumps more but nothing major, ive had them on for bout a year now and am used to them but i remember when i first fitted them i noticed a big difference in the steering, it was a bit heavier but as i said you get used to it. f you want the look i say go...
  13. stevie.w

18" wheels on an ibiza

ive 18s on mine and they do take a bit of geting used to, but never gives me any problems
  14. stevie.w

Which remap on your Ibiza?

mine was done by auto tune near where i live, got 182bhp/ 297lbs/ft with forge front mount and with no clutch slip at all yet after about 10k, clutch slip is easy to avoid if yu know how to drive your car properly
  15. stevie.w

traction control ques, 2 diff size wheels??

right o, cheers foe help, ill hopefully have the 18s back on it again tomorrow until then ill keep the tcs switched off.
  16. stevie.w

cheers for quick reply gaz, yeah thats what i was thinkin, but would it only do this when i start driving, why doesnt it do it all the time or does the ecu figure out theres a difference and stop bringing up the alarm, it only does it for about the first 30 secs of each journey then goes away
  17. stevie.w

My old Mk4

i was lucky enough to get a wee look around this motor before and she really was a mint example, was a credit to andy
  18. stevie.w

right i got a flat the other day so ive put on the spare, but its a 16" and the rest are 18s although with the low profile tyres the difference isnt that great, but ive noticed now that when i start to drive my car for about the first 30secs the wee traction control orange triangle flashes and...
  19. stevie.w

To dump or not to dump.....

was yours the forge one, mines tapped into the ecu and has a wee control box, ive never experienced this 10sec dump noise with mine, its always like a 1 sec ptsssh, everytime. ive never experienced any loss of boost, ive had my car on the rollers and it gives a nice even curve (182bhp) and on...
  20. stevie.w

To dump or not to dump.....

ive the forge kit in my beeza, as stoney says makes absoloutely no performance gains, but gives a nice wee ptssssh noise when i lift off at high boost, sound well i think when changing gear.