Search results

1. Deev

O2 sensor EML after refuelling...?

Cheers - good advice - I'll give it a go
  2. Deev

Fair enough. I know I cleared the code the first time it happened because the general consensus was to clear a "first time" code in case it's just an anomaly. Given this is happening so infrequently I cleared this time as it's evidently something very borderline. I did think that possibly a...
  3. Deev

I know it's a popular sport here to post ODB2 codes and hope for the best, but mine appears to have a weird coincidence - or is it a coincidence...? Anyway - in the 3 and a bit years I've had my Leon 1.4 FR (non-ACT), I've had the EML appear 3 times - The first time I cleared it and it didn't...
  4. Deev

Stop start hesitation?

Steering wheel doesn't affect mine... I've actually found that SS works well in the summer when the engine has warmed up, but trying to use it when the engine is cold is a bit dodgy...
  5. Deev

Main Dealer "Major" Service work

Not a Focus was it? I know that a catastrophic coolant leak was a known issue with some of the early 1.0 Ecoboost engines that I think was subject to recall (although saying that, one would have expected the dealer to have done the work!)
  6. Deev

Yeah - in retrospect agreed - I just didn't really want to travel too far during this whole lockdown bullshit and wanted the first service in my ownership to be "proper"... But next time...
  7. Deev

In fairness this dealer gave me the "video report" walk around of my car during the service whilst it was on the ramps and gave everything a clean bill of health.
  8. Deev

I get what you're saying - but wouldn't the cost of the air filter be included in the service charge? Isn't that the point of the fixed price servicing? So, assuming my next year's service is a "minor", but the plugs are due to be replaced - would that be done all-in or would they be charged...
  9. Deev

Right - yeah - so looking at both of these things has definitely confused things... Okay - so, as Mr Pig wanted a story... :) Yesterday I took my car (2014 Leon 1.4 TSI FR) to a main dealer for its first service under my ownership. The car is quite high mileage (86k) and I only bought it 5...
  10. Deev

Okay so this one certainly confuses the issue....!!!
  11. Deev

Let's just say I'm trying to establish the facts...
  12. Deev

So, hypothetically, if you were to have a "Major" Seat Main Dealer service (the £300+ one) on your Leon, would you a) expect to have the spark plugs replaced (petrol obvs), and b) expect to have to pay extra for an air filter replacement...? :unsure:
  13. Deev

2014 FR MIB1 unresponsive buttons and touch screen

Hmm yeah I've done some more Googling (with more generic search terms) and found a few people suffering similar problems. The jury seems to be out as to whether updating the software makes any difference but I'd imagine the stealer would relieve me of an eye-watering sum of money to even try...
  14. Deev

2014 FR MIB1 unresponsive buttons and touch screen

Weird issue with my MIB1 head unit yesterday when I got in the car (for the first time in a few weeks!). The head unit powered on and worked as normal except none of the buttons, touch screen or proximity sensor responded at all EXCEPT for the power and volume knob which worked as normal. I was...
  15. Deev

KInghams SEAT Croydon

Bumping an old thread, but does anyone else have any particular opinion of Kinghams? Got a service and MoT to book in the next month or so and don't really want to travel too far...
  16. Deev

Stop start hesitation?

Hmm - I'll see how it pans out.... I *might* get used to it... I just need to remember to give it a little more beans when pulling away. It does seem to be worse from cold, and also it *might* have improved when I changed from Eco to Normal (although that might have all been in my mind too...)
  17. Deev

Stop start hesitation?

I've just bought a 14 plate 1.4 TSI FR (non-ACT) and it's great, but I've noticed it seems to have an annoying hesitation when re-starting after stop/start. The engine starts swiftly as I'd expect, but if I then quickly try to pull away it seems to bog down and almost stall unless I rev quite...
  18. Deev

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

So I've tried to work through this thread but I got to about page 20 when I realised that it was probably going to take me all week to get to page 117...!! :) So before I waste anymore time, I'll just ask, has there been any progress on getting this working on MIB1 units or should I just give...
  19. Deev

What to look for buying a mk3 1.4 EcoTSI FR

Oh one query (I don't reckon it will make much difference to my decision) but it's being sold as an EcoTSI but apparently it doesn't have the ACT as it's an earlier model? Is that right? I thought all EcoTSI engines has the ACT?
  20. Deev

What to look for buying a mk3 1.4 EcoTSI FR

Update - it's lovely... it drives as tightly as a new car - no unusual bangs, rattles or squeaks, the body is clean and tidy and the interior looks like it's barely been sat in! The only irritant is that the front alloys are pretty badly kerbed in places (owner blamed the wife! :LOL:), but...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.