Search results

1. reverse gear

Fixed!! Turns out to have been the screw in plastic plug from the tdc viewing window in the gearbox. The plug was physically obstructing the gear selector linkage on top of the gearbox! Happy
  2. reverse gear

I have the same problem, just reset the linkage with no improvement, it feels like the gear stick will not physically move into reverse, like the linkage underneath is busted?!?! Please help
  3. Clonking noise when brake applied

This. Drive forward, brake... clonk, drive forward, brake.... no clonk. Reverse clonk, reverse no clonk. etc - it should only do it once in each direction if its pads.
  4. LCR Stage 1 Remap: Less turbo lag at low revs... 2-4k?

Thanks for the responses, does a stage 1 remap only serve to emphasize lag then and make it even more focused on the top end?
  5. LCR Stage 1 Remap: Less turbo lag at low revs... 2-4k?

Hello All, My last few cars have had 3 and 3.2L engines and I really miss the instant bottom end torque that bigger N/A engines provides. There ain't not replacement for displacement as the old saying goes. I just returned from my second trip to the french alps in the LCR and on very tight...
  6. LCR Tyres

Interesting it all sounds about as useful as official mpg figures. That really needs to be addressed also.
  7. Top mods to improve handling on a LCR?

the rear alignment has no adjustability I have heard, so does that mean, no need to do alignment if you just change the RARB?
  8. S*T Fuel Consumption on a LCR!

Mine is totally standard and I get 25 around town and about 32 on the motorway at 80ish. What speeds do people do to get 40mpg? 60mph?
  9. LCR Tyres

Regarding these new EU ratings for wet performance and noise... are these relevant to those seeking performance and enjoyment? Surely we are all on this forum because we enjoy thirsty, noisy, "fast" cars. I dont come here to collectively marvel at how wonderfully quiet the new a-rated...
  10. Are the speedo lights supposed to stay on all the time?

what factory settings is permanent dash lights? really? seems very odd.
  11. 23mm FR Front Anti Roll Bar from TDI good LCR upgrade?

yours probably feels better as you have not got a rear ARB? they are meant to be understeery i have hear when the front is thicker, without a rear one. So it will fit, but wont be as stiff - seems odd. bugger, i thought i had saved £70 then
  12. 23mm FR Front Anti Roll Bar from TDI good LCR upgrade?

Hello All, I just snapped this up for £30 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-Cupra-TDI-23mm-Anti-roll-bar-Golf-Mk4-Audi-A3-upgrade-/321141616064? thinking it was a bargain R32 FARB!?! Turns out i shouldnt have rushed as it is the over driveshaft TDI ARB. It is 23mm however and I have...
  13. Are the speedo lights supposed to stay on all the time?

With the ignition or engine on, my dashboard, radio and AC panels all light up, without the headlights on? The fader switch works, but you can only reduce the intensity, not switch them off... is there a way to turn them off? When it is dark, it is difficult to remember to turn my headlights...
  14. Just ugraded stereo in my LCR 225...HAPPY DAYZ

I just bought all this kit based on this post, it all works great. Couple of questions though: do you connect the blue aerial booster power wire to the light blue ATT lead on the wiring harness? I have good radio reception, but an annoying ATT ON message as th head unit powers up which turns...
  15. what have you done to your car today ?

Left my car without wheels or brake discs on 4 axle stands whilst i went to work - hoping my brembos dont get pinched by the pikeys!!
  16. LCR rear caliper help!

I have removed the discs and pads ( but not the hand brake cables ) but when it urn the pistons, the piston will not retract. Cowboy bodge alert!! I never bother with a wingback tool, I just use a large pair of mole grips on the piston and carefully wind it back in - that has worked well on...
  17. Engine starts and revs fine, but wont idle - it just dies!!!!

Ollie! Sig still looks awesome, have your photoshopped the number plate recess? looks smooth as. Back on topic... what am i checking for just leaks? if so i have tried that yeah :(
  18. Engine starts and revs fine, but wont idle - it just dies!!!!

Hi Guys, I have a 2L 8V that has been getting progressively worse. Historically, when you stopped driving and put the clutch down the revs would fall and it would nearly stall, dimming all the lights and cluster etc. (i say driving because it was always fine when stationary in neutral...
  19. Cupra sold - thanks to everyone for two years of advice!

i do still have the sticker dave! anytime your incardiff drop me a line mate! The 318is - is that some special tune version?
  20. Cupra sold - thanks to everyone for two years of advice!

Well, its been two years since i started to play with my Cupra and i sold it over the weekend to Sean from Bristol - may he have as much fun as i have both with the car and with this forum! Thanks to everyone, and just to mention a few... czechboy, chrisdaman, the admin, f2stu, badger bill...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.