Search results

1. browno

Some recent pics of my Leon Cupra R.

Absolutely stunning motor - definitely my favourite LCR, subtle mods, but highly effective. The wheels really make it...
  2. browno

can you fit tow bar to LCR?

As I understand it, this is also a tricky area with insurance etc - as the LCR is not type-approved for towing, then if you did fit a towbar and had a bump, then technically they could refuse to pay out... Annoying really for me as neither the LCR or 182 are approved, and having the option to...
  3. browno

Windscreen care

I've got exactly the same problem with mine - I wondered if maybe some jewellers rouge or similar might help to reduce the marking?
  4. browno

Looking after Emocion Red

I haven't properly done my LCR yet, but the other week I gave it a wash and a quick coat of meguiars NXT polish - it was the first time I'd used the NXT (had it sat in the garage with allsorts of other products for ages!) and it went on very easily, and really bought the red up beautifully...
  5. browno

Pictures of the Fleet

Love the Westie, Slippy - in fact, I was down at Westfield last Saturday for a factory tour with a mate... Lovely motors, and if I can get the mini finished (and get a bigger garage!) I'd love build myself one - you just can't beat the performance for the money!
  6. browno

Hand Drawn Cupra R

Great pictures - I'm sure people would go for a print if you price them right... There was a guy recently doing similar over on cliosport - he had drawn a number of different cars and scnned the originals. He can then sell you a picture of your style of car with a choice of wheels and lowered...
  7. browno

Cupra R Badges - Very Good Copies.

I assume that these are better than the original badge in some way? I had to put a new set on mine before Christmas, and I'm sure they were under a fiver each from Seat... Having said that, they're looking a bit ropey already....
  8. browno

Sunday Afternoon - Car Love

I've been busy too - tidying up the installation of my dynatwist with a CAF, fitting a new splitter, gave both cars a good wash and then treated the Leon to a coat of NXT wax too... Even missed the rugby for it!
  9. browno

Mod Mad!!!

Well, picked my dynatwist up from the post office this morning (Thanks again to coxw!), and have been watching the clock all day so that I could get home and fit it! So, now it's fitted and I've backed off the adjustment on my split R a little (was only dumping on absolute full boost, so I...
  10. browno

Mod Mad!!!

It starts with the little things then the cost increases! I currently have a dynatwist on the way, and am saving for a remap, but am sure it'll be worth every penny!
  11. browno

Guide to LCR 210/225 differences

Good guide! My 04 plate (reg March 2004) 225 has a tape deck too... Means I can use a cassette adaptor to listen to the iPod in the car for only £3, so no complaints here...
  12. browno

Mk1 Polo Project

Looks like a good project car, and will be interesting to see how it goes - in fact for a 30 year old motor it looks in incredibly good nick before you've started!
  13. browno

A Sad Week, But Picked Up The New Car

Sorry to hear your news. My Dad suddenly died aged 49, so I can sympathise with what you're going through. It's going to be a tough time for you, and you'll always miss him, but it does get better. It'll be 5 years in April since my Dad died, and while I still miss him, I also think that he...
  14. browno

Anyone Tried CG-Locks on their Leons?

I bought one of these at the Autosport show in Jan, to use in the LCR, and to try on track in the 205, as I've not bought harnesses for it yet. Have only had road use in the Leon so far, and I have to say that it's pretty good - it holds you in place when you want to (for a blast down the...
  15. browno

LCR Wheel respray

If anyone is looking for a place to get refurbed, then these guys are highly recommended over on cliosport :http://www.lap-tab.co.uk/alloywheels.php Quality of the work looks excellent - when I get mine sorted, I'll be heading down there...
  16. browno

LCR Wheel respray

I've been having the exact same dilemma! I don't think I'll really have made my mind up until I get it booked in and then have to make a snap decision:doh: !!! I really like the idea of anthracite (I also have a black clio 182 with the anthracite rims, and they look great...), but also think...
  17. browno

LCR Tyre Reccomendations (Not GSD3's)

I've just put a pair of Micheln Pilot PE2's on mine - The 182 comes with them as standard and they have been excellent on that, so thought I'd give them a try. Had them fitted at costco (around £120 ea IIRC) so the new ones are on the back but feels pretty reasonable at the moment (am running...
  18. browno

Split-R Sound Clip........

Gavthelad - I guess you're remapped, as that seems a hell of a lot louder than mine on a standard LCR... Yet another reason to get a remap!!! Tried to catch mine the other day, but couldn't pick it up on the phone... Will have another go...
  19. browno

03 Cupra R upgrade from MKII Clio 172

I've got both the 182 and the LCR - both very good cars, but very different. IMO nothing in it between them in normal driving (the driver will make more difference than the car) - obviously, you can make a pretty big gap once you spend some money on the Leon...
  20. browno

My Forge Split-R DV

True, but this has apparently been in development and tested for about 12 months before being released - Forge don't seem like the kind of company to release something that won't work in the way they say it does. I suspect that there is a minimum re-circ level that the MAF will be ok with, and...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.