Search results

1. CupraRobX

Sound Aktuator / Fake Noise Cupra Mk3

It's an additional component in the exhaust system (after the cat and before the centre res) to reduce emissions and make the car WLTP compliant. It was only fitted from wk 38 in 2018 onwards and only to the 7spd DSG cars. The hatch has one GPF but the ST has two side-by-side.
  2. CupraRobX

Is yours a 68 plate onwards 290 with GPF's?
  3. CupraRobX

Don't unplug it as it effects the pop/crackle on overrun after a short amount of time driving. I know it sounds crazy but it does. After 3-5mins of being in Sport/Cupra all the drama stops until you re-press and select Sport/Cupra again, at which point you'll lose it again after 3-5mins!
  4. CupraRobX

Wheel Hopping/Spin Cupra 290

Either you heard wrong or the people you heard from can't drive. The PS4S's I had were amazing in the wet - the F1 Supersports are also awesome. Of course, you can break traction in the wet if you try, but the tyres are having to do a lot to keep up with 290+ bhp.
  5. CupraRobX

Speed Limiter on Cupra 290

How is this your first car?!! Does nobody do their time in a sh*tbox anymore to build their no-claims up?! Your premium must be north of £3k...
  6. CupraRobX

Copra 290 pops and bangs disappear after 5 mins

It must be some sort of of CAN feedback loop. I can't see a reason why it should either but I promise it will cure the problem...cast iron guarantee
  7. CupraRobX

Copra 290 pops and bangs disappear after 5 mins

To those that lose the pops and bangs after 3-5 mins, have you unplugged the soundaktor? Reason I ask is that this was what I'd done and hadn't correlated the two! Plugged it back in...pops and bang are back!
  8. CupraRobX

Honest Review Cupra 290 DSG 2015 - 2017

I've just had Eagle F1 SuperSports fitted and to be honest, they give more feel than PS4S's to me. The tyre walls feel slightly stiffer which contributes to this I assume. I very very much doubt there is any appreciable difference between the Goodyears and Michelins
  9. CupraRobX

lack of noise....

Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort and cost to remove a GPF in the same way that I don't think a decat is worth it either. Maybe I'm just get curmudgeonly in my late 30's!
  10. CupraRobX

lack of noise....

The GPF Cupras will never sound like the pre-GPF 290/300 unless you get it chopped out and mapped to suit. With a res delete, I find that the GPF'd Cupras do get pops and bangs but they are deeper than the 290/300 where they sound more snap/crackle like. I was following my friend in a...
  11. CupraRobX

Lease Extension

VWFS just quoted me for 6 months and 12 months formal extension. Six months is £50/month more and twelve months £10/month less. I do have the option of informally extending for 6 months at the same rate though, so will go with that instead until I can find another car. <starts searching for M2's...
  12. CupraRobX

3 month update - Cupra 290

Do you re-select CUPRA after you get in or leave it in CUPRA when you startup? If so, the engine will default back to comfort (with gearbox in D) but all else will remain in CUPRA for steering, suspension and diff and the flag will remain lit yellow. Same is true if you set the engine to CUPRA...
  13. CupraRobX

Cupra First Year Service

Reason being is that VWFS stipulate that you use the dealer network as it's their car and they get to choose.
  14. CupraRobX

LEON CUPRA 290 MK3/EZ (2019) - Res Delete on a Lease?

Well that's just totally incorrect. Removal of a catalytic converter would mean MOT failure on emissions, but not removal of a resonator or silencer. The mid silencer (that isn't even there on the new GPF'd ST) is there to attenuate a particular dominant engine firing frequency. The rear...
  15. CupraRobX

Backbox delete MK3 Leon FR 150bhp diesel

If you're wanting an increase in sound, you'll notice almost no difference. Even straight piped they aren't that much louder and it's more of a blaring tractory sort of sound.
  16. CupraRobX

What driving mode do you use?

Cupra in manual DSG mode when having fun, but 95% of the time Individual mode with DCC in comfort, Steering in Cupra, diff in Cupra and engine in Eco. There's very little chance to hoon on my commute to work so Eco helps to get 35-40mpg most days. I never got a Cupra to save petrol, but it's a...
  17. CupraRobX

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

If it's a new Cupra being ordered, there's now no metallic desire red nor mystery blue - it's lacquered red oxide primer or nowt!
  18. CupraRobX

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

You're totally correct on that. When those who'd ordered desire red as an MY18 found out they were going to be copper accented (luckily they were built without in the end and are the best blend of MY18 and MY19) I photoshopped all the colourways available at the time and the red looked by far...
  19. CupraRobX

Cupra Mode DSG

If you leave it in Cupra and restart, the engine will be in comfort. Even if you then pull back on the gearstick, it puts the gearbox into 'sport' but the engine is still in comfort - you can tell as there's no pops and bangs on overrun.
  20. CupraRobX

What does the lux pack include?

For the bucket seats alone...yes!
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.