Search results

1. Balf2k

LCR Secondary Water Pump quick fix guide

I'm pleased to know it was worth my time writing this guide, such a simple fix for a part that is way overpriced IMHO.
  2. Balf2k

Tinted Rear Lights

£70 delivered or you can pick them up for £55 if you fancy (S/E Kent). I paid around £120 for them I think. Let me know otherwise I will chuck them on eBay when I get around to it.
  3. Balf2k

Tinted Rear Lights

I got them from eBay. The car is now sold but I still have the lights for sale as I put the standard ones on before sale. Wanna make me an offer for them? ;)
  4. Balf2k

How much is my 340BHP IHI'd LCR worth?

Just after an idea how much to advertise my car for with Jabbasport stage 3 IHI conversion with dyno @ 340.9BHP, lots and lots of mods, Private plate, HID lights, Neuspeed ARB's, Quaife ATB Diffrential, uprated clutch, Koni FSD / Eibach springs and lots more. She has done 70k and been seriously...
  5. Balf2k

strutt brace fitting

What I meant was using 6x M8 'stainless' bolts is something I wouldnt of used, like I said if using stainless then i'd personally use bigger (M10 or M12 for example) for more strength. I only used M8 bolts because they were HSS ones, that's all I was getting at. Im sure using M12 stainless would...
  6. Balf2k

strutt brace fitting

Yeah definitely go bigger if you use stainless as they are quite weak. I personally prefer to use strengthened bolts. Each to their own :cartman:
  7. Balf2k

strutt brace fitting

Can't remember the exact size I used but they were M8 bolts, i'd say you want a minimum of 20mm long. Just go buy anything 20mm orlonger then you can cut them down to size. I don't know if it matters but I jacked the car up and suspended the whole front end off the ground with 2 axle stands, I...
  8. Balf2k

variable boost with IHI

I have Jabba stage 3 IHI conversion LCR also and have had the same problem mate, it has been underperforming for a while, intermittently gives me full boost, sometimes only around 1.1 - 1.2 bar, I finally got to the bottom of it.... The turbo intake pipe (From MAF to turbo) has been modified by...
  9. Balf2k

High mileage cupras / Rs ?

My previous car (blue Mk 4 golf 1.8T in my sig) is now on 140,000, I sold it to a mate so still get to see the car, I had it Jabba remapped at 88,000, it's now on 140,000 going as strong as ever. The 1.8T is one solid lump, it's just the external parts that are shite lol (MAF's, coilpacks etc.)
  10. Balf2k

electric water pump

My secondary water pump is doing exactly the same - Did you find a cure Kier? I have tried a new pump but still no life, I have put a volt meter on the connector for the pump after turning the engine off and all I get is about 0.3v, not what I would assume should be approx. 12v. I have checked...
  11. Balf2k

kenwood KVT-627DVD

YES you can load up a DVD full of MP3's and it WILL play. I had this unit earlier in the year and done exactly the same. It does take a long time to scroll through the whole disc to find the track you want though (Use sub folders / seperate folders for different albums etc. and it's not that bad).
  12. Balf2k

Would 19" fit??

Just one more thing.... Do I get 235 wide or 225 wide tyres.... so confusing (Are 225 tyres cheaper than 235 when it comes to replacing them)? If I use 225 will the alloy be more protrusive than the tyre (will the alloy be the first thing to hit a kerb or the tyre)? I want to order a set today...
  13. Balf2k

Would 19" fit??

Eternal Rage> In the pics of your car, do you have spacers on it (what size if so?) Can someone absolutely confirm if the RS6 replica alloys will clear the Brembo's and also will I need longer nuts or are the standard ones from my LCR alloys long enough / the same depth required? Sorry for all...
  14. Balf2k

Would 19" fit??

Can anyone with a LCR (Not a LC) tell me if a set of the 19" RS6 replica alloys will clear my Brembo's on the front without spacers please. Also can anyone confirm if I can still use my 15mm hubcentric spacers on the rear or are the 19's too wide to use spacers aswell. Any help would be...
  15. Balf2k

leon indicator stalk

Cruise control DOES need to be enabled on the ECU before it will work, you can't just install the cruise stalk and that's it :lol: Taken from Rosstech website: Enable the ECU for Cruise Control using VAG-COM or similar. Note that this procedure does not require the registered version of...
  16. Balf2k

leon indicator stalk

If you're changing the stalk anyway why not get the cruise one mate, it's simple to fit, the TDI's have almost all the wiring already in place, you just need a small wiring loom piece and the new stalk, very easy mod to do (You will need Vag-com to recode the ECU to enable cruise control/ simple...
  17. Balf2k

Xbox Live Gamer tags

Feel free to add me to your friends list. XBL name: B4LF I mainly play Halo 3 at the moment
  18. Balf2k

Modded LCR Rims

Get some tire shine on that rubber.... shame on you :lol:
  19. Balf2k

some decent pics wit new wheels

Can someone please photoshop these wheels onto a red LCR please. I really want to know if it'd suit mine?
  20. Balf2k

Pic request of White Leon.

Can't remember where I got these pics from but here ya go...