Search results

1. storeyd

metallic clunk whenever im turning at very slow speeds

From my expierence yes. When the CV joint bearing wears it can show 2 symptoms, depending if its inner or outer wear. I can't remember which is which but yours is shown by a rythmic 'clunking' at low speed when making tight turning circles. The other wear has the symptom of clunking once...
  2. storeyd

metallic clunk whenever im turning at very slow speeds

The strut is the assembly which holds the shocker and spring at one end and the brake disc and wheel bearing at the other end. The steering rod attaches to it as well as the drive shaft passing through the wheel bearing. If there is movement at the top end then you should be able to test this...
  3. storeyd

oil and wheel bolt questions

What type of socket are you using? If its the key that comes in the car kit, this may also be worn and it wont help matters. If its a proper socket drive, make sure there is no wear. Then if this does not work then try the other type of socket. i.e if you have a hex drive go for the...
  4. storeyd

40k (cambelt?) service

£140 Is an unbelievable price. But I would still do this...http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109081&highlight=service At least you know things have been done right (and you ge the Seat stamp)
  5. storeyd

Can anyone provide Pics of where to jack car / place axle stands...

I made a 1.5" thick, 4" diameter silicone pad (90 shore A hardness) to place between my trolley jack and the normal sil jacking point. Does the trick - ensures no damage, spreads the load more even and provides loads more stability and grip.
  6. storeyd

New remote key

Or if you are one of those people that will always fix something before shelling out for a new one.............http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=111850&highlight=key+remote Still going strong and looks fine. http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k168/storeyd/DSC00570.jpg
  7. storeyd

Whirring @ 70mph+

Could be the bearing. Is it more apparent when tuning corners and more especially in onw direction? If it is you want it changed asap as a bearing failure can be nasty. Since I changed the wrong bearing once:doh:, I purchased a cheap stethoscope. They are great for listening for a worn...
  8. storeyd

Can an air filter be too large?

Yes because it will be so heavy that it will increase engine resistance!!!!! No, but seriously, there will also be a critical point where decreacing the filter resistance will have so little effect on the pressure in the pipe and therefore little effect on the flow rate that its just not...
  9. storeyd

Can an air filter be too large?

This is my theory. Having previously worked for 12 years designing pneumatic systems..... There will be a limit to how big you should go with a filter. This is governed by several factors. 1. The restriction in the intake pipe. Determined by the minimum diameter (plus bends and...
  10. storeyd

I had my Pants pulled Down today!!

You have been well and truly fisted mate. I did most of the 40k service myself then got Seat to do the rest and stamp the book. Cost £140 total. They tried to tell me it need new discs and pads. When I measured them there was still 40% wear left on, so I took them off and skimmed them and...
  11. storeyd

Juddering under acceleration

Same happened to me a few weeks back. Mine turned out to be coil packs not seated correctly and a loose spark plug. But I guess thats all that can be expected as they were the ones replaced by the dealers under warranty. I would suggest you take all the plugs out, check them and make sure...
  12. storeyd

Horrible Vibrating From the Rear

That sound dangerous. I would not be driving above 30 till you can identify the cause of the problem or you coud do some permanent damage. Get it to a garage and have the tyre checked for signs of damge and the balance checked. These are the obvious ones.
  13. storeyd

Lcr steering rumble

Its the wheel bearing for sure. Not sure on the age of you car, but I heard that the early LCR's are prone to this as the bearing simply was not up to the job. A combination of the 18" wheels and cornering speed caught Seat out. They uprated the bearings on later LCR's when loads started...
  14. storeyd

HOW TO - Repair the Auxillary Water Pump (LCR)

Never one to buy something unless I can’t fix it I decided to have a go at fixing my Auxiliary water pump (the electric pump ) – LCR ONLY. As far as I am aware these pumps fail in 2 ways. 1. A build up of deposits in the motor area. This eventually clogs up the contacts and is normally...
  15. storeyd

Coil Packs Warranty

Looks like I may have fixed the problem.... Had a look at the coil packs tonight and immediately noticed the two on the left were sitting about 5mm too high. (not sure what the numbers are from left to right). I then decided to pull out each one and check the plugs. The coil pack on the...
  16. storeyd

Coil Packs Warranty

I am getting a bit tired of this, but my LCR started juddering again for the third time in 2 years. I have just read the fault codes 16684 (random cyl misfire), 16688 (misfire cylinder 2) and 16686 (misfire cylinder 4) and suspect that coil packs 2 and 4 are on the way out. I have previously...
  17. storeyd

Using alot of engine oil - LCR

Does not sound good using that much. Have you noticed an external leak? Is the coolant still pink? Have you noticed any emulisfication in the oil (white sticky residue)? I have never topped mine up in 2 years, but I don't wait till the recommeded oil change time. I change mine every 6...
  18. storeyd

Secondary water pump leak (LCR)

PROBLEM FIXED..... I really did not fancy taking the cover off as the pump may have fallen to pieces and I would have no idea on how to put it back together. So.... I removed the pump from the 2 mounting screws and lifted it where I could access the cover screws. I then put a...
  19. storeyd

Secondary water pump leak (LCR)

I noticed a small coolant leak whilst changing the oil the other day. I traced it to the secondary water pump area (the electric one which runs post ignition). I was hoping it was just coming from the hose connection areas, so I took them off, checked for damaged, cleaned them and put them...
  20. storeyd

Warning light "Over pollution" staying on

You need to get the fault codes read from the ECU asap. Mine came on about 9 months back and a bought a reader for £30. It told me the primary Lambda sensor had gone. The sensor cost about £120 and was a twat to fit but it saved me a fortune in the end fro not having a garage to do it (who...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.