Search results

1. Possible Dual Mass Flywheel Issue

Yes. Define the horrible noise. I had a DMF go on a 1.9TDi. IT made one of two noises. A metallic dink dink (rhythmic) sound occasionally from the RHS of the engine as you face it. This came and went. This is the internals of the DMF moving more that the springs should let it because its...
  2. Altea - how old is yours, how many miles and...

...what major original parts are still on it vs replaced. Motivation is to see how much longer my '05 ~130k Altea 1.9TDi might last. Its had new turbo @110k New DMF+clutch @120K Just had new fans and starter motor @128k Running pretty well.
  3. Starting From Warm...

Just to add, I had a warm start issue. Car would start fine from cold. Drive it for 15 mins, stop, turn off. When turning back on was turning over but wouldn't fire with some persuasion from the throttle to increase fuel. I've heard that the starter motor needs to crank the engine to...
  4. Intermittent air con.. [SOLVED]

For anyone else who may get these symptoms. The reason for this was radiator fan failure. There is a master and slave on this car, both were not working. I expect the master had died. What should happen is when you start the car the fans should spin up after a few seconds as the condenser is...
  5. Intermittent air con.. [SOLVED]

Air con works, in that I can get cold air and plenty of it (last regassed 7/2013). It seems to take a long time ~5mins to go start to blow the cold out (rather than bucket loads of warm air) once the car is moving. Then it will stay cold. It seems to go warm again when the car becomes stationary...
  6. Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

Possibly or there is an inline amp back there...but you've removed your head unit haven't you - so guess there isn't an inline one. Tempted to get a new head unit now...as well... :D
  7. Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

Ok, stock is amplified, presume 12V is coming down the cable. Thanks for the info matey - appreciated...and of course for the pics!
  8. Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

So...the last piece in the puzzle..is the stock one (factory fit) active then and amplified or is it passive?
  9. Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

Ah..12V for the amplification...in which case that one off ebay will go on just fine..with the fakra connector but its not amplified and neither is the stock one by the look of it.
  10. Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

What is the second wire on the new fin, that doesn't exist on the old antenna?
  11. Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

Nice one - thanks for the info.
  12. Fitting a Pioneer f910bt

Did you go for that one in the end? My Mrs car now hs dodgy reception and I'm guessing its the antenna base that needs replacing. This looks nicer than stock but don't want to create a fitting project for myself?
  13. Cruise control retrofit LCR BAM engine

Cheers - excuse my ignorance but what is VCDS?
  14. Centre arm rests...

So returned the copy of the genuine one and got the armster. All fitted, takes about 10 mins. The bracket goes over the centre console and then four screws hold it in place. Looks neat enough fitted and doesn't look overly obvious. Finish of the arm is superb, good leather. Plastics are a close...
  15. Cruise control retrofit LCR BAM engine

Hi guys, I bought this kit here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-1-8T-1-4-1-6-16v-Cruise-Control-Kit-/360101620767?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53d7baac1f#ht_4224wt_1185 The install instructions here: http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/ccs.pdf Don't define the changes...
  16. Centre arm rests...

Yep, I looked at your posts and having since looked at this one I got from ebay in daylight, considering how bad a fit it looks already and the risks of carving into the centre console (and the fabric match was poor), I've actioned a return of that one and spent an extra £40 on an armster...
  17. Centre arm rests...

Oh and found this...which is being fitted to a mk4 golf but some overlap for the LCR http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/p/250930/1651777.aspx
  18. Centre arm rests...

Good luck with that...cheers for the info...
  19. Centre arm rests...

Bit confused...so the hole to secure the arm to the bracket sits above the centre console or has sunk into it? I think your saying this access hole to secure the arm to the bracket sits about the console and is visible? Maybe not easily though?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.