Search results

1. Paulki

Pre or Post Facelift BTCC BBS Wheels?

They are SEAT dealer accessory wheels, I got the diamond cut version (as in the thumbnail pic) to replace the standard 17" wheels when I bought mine back in 2006. As far as I can remember they came in standard silver or diamond cut and graphite, so those have been refurbed, which is not...
  2. Paulki

Help with an error code

Try looking up the code here: Category:Fault Codes - Ross-Tech Wiki (ross-tech.com) it usually gives common causes of faults and possible fixes.
  3. Paulki

Rear brakes

It's easy to get confused, I've entered my reg. number on websites and been shown different disc sizes, so you need to measure your existing disks, diameter and thickness to find the correct ones, mine has 286mm x 12mm discs (2.0TFSI) with the 'Boxing Glove' caliper, the other size is 255mm x...
  4. Paulki

Drivers Side Door Lock Not Opening - Remote

I did the WD40 fix about 3 or 4 years ago on my front passenger door and have had no problems since.
  5. Paulki

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Had my intake ports cleaned for the first time (68500k), engine started and ran fine with none of the usual symptoms of valve build up, but it was bad. Now much more responsive and more power. I had the walnut blasting done at Dukes Park Automotive, they are in Chelmsford. They gave me a loan...
  6. Paulki

Headlights

When you say they are foggy on the inside, do you mean moisture, as that can be cleared out with a hair dryer? Are you missing the rear covers, as that should be the only way moisture can get inside? UV clouding of the headlights is (usually) on the outer surface only.
  7. Paulki

P0601 (EPC & Emission lights on)

I am not aware of the check-sum error preventing the engine from starting in the research I did, my engine ran normally with the EPC and EML on? As a check-sum is a software corruption problem and you have had yours re-flashed, then possibly, on your car the problem is a faulty ECU? Try...
  8. Paulki

Dash cam

Here you go...
  9. Paulki

Dash cam

I have mine offset to the passenger side so it's just in the area of the wipers, and as my screen has a top tint, its not obvious from the outside.
  10. Paulki

Make the 12v live permanently?

Interesting, my 2006 Leon has a permanent live from the factory (I bought it new)?
  11. Paulki

Recommended steering wheel cover

I just used liquid hand soap on mine, rubbed it with cloth then dipped the cloth in clean water to remove residue and it came up really nice once it dried.
  12. Paulki

Air con

The service port has a schraeder valve in it which easy to replace, the problem is, to replace it you have to empty the gas from the system before you can unscrew it. The service port should have a plastic dust cap on it which is also a secondary seal, this is enough to stop a slight leak past...
  13. Paulki

Aftermarket Uprated Headlights?

I've had these bulbs for over 3 years although with different branding; no issues with MoT, the guy just said he doesn't care what the bulb is as long as the beam pattern is ok. Along with the Philips resistors they are the best option for LED's in a reflector headlight that I know of. As...
  14. Paulki

2.0 TFSI

I have a 2006 TFSI Sport that I bought new; as noted above the cam follower is the main thing to watch out for and also check your oil regularly as the TFSI is known for burning oil. If your car is late production (May/June 06) it is likely to have the same 197hp (200hp) BWA engine as the later...
  15. Paulki

Layer of ice on windscreen - inside

I should of mentioned to put it in recirculate mode, this will take the moisture out of the air and blow dry air at your windscreen as the moisture will condense on the evaporator first and run out through the drain pipe. Demist mode will still give you heat, so you don't have to freeze.
  16. Paulki

Layer of ice on windscreen - inside

Drive around for a day or two with the windscreen demist on, this will turn on the AC/climate control which will dry out the cabin.
  17. Paulki

EPC Light TFSI Sport

I recently decided to hardwire my dashcam with a fuse tap into a vacant socket in the cabin fuse box, the dashcam works but since then I've the EPC light on the dash and a code of 08852 which relates to the N276 fuel pressure regulator on the HPFP? I removed the dashcam connection cleared the...
  18. Paulki

Rear quarter glass micro cracks

Check out "headlight restoration" on youtube, you can remove the UV damaged/oxidised layer quite easily from plastic.
  19. Paulki

1.6 Leon Sport Dash Lights

The steering probably needs to be recalibrated, I believe you do this by turning the steering all the way from one lock to the other. I'm not sure what you mean by 'air pump', I assume you mean the fans, if the engine is hot the fan will sometimes keep running for a short time after the ignition...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise