Search results

1. TonyK

Anyone in the Northampton area?

Hi Chris I'm Northampton based and suspect I may actually know you if you're who I'm thinking of!
  2. TonyK

SEATCupra.net 10 years old

Congratulations on 10 years to all involved :) .. hang on that means I've been a member here for nearly half the sites existence .. I feel old now :( (but I will have paid my car off in August woo :funk:)
  3. TonyK

Looking for a Cupra TDi with sunroof

Does anyone know if they made a Cupra with a sunroof? I don't remember seeing it as an option when I ordered mine. I might be wrong though
  4. TonyK

Ibiza Cupra TDI 160 - what power can I expect from a remap?

I've been mapped for 2.5 years and my clutch is fine, you just have to remember not to accelerate heavily in a high gear too low in the rev range or you will eat the clutch. Mine's remapped to anything between 200 and 210bhp and about 340lb/ft depending on the rolling road, weather, air pressure...
  5. TonyK

Do I buy aftermarket de-cat or get it chopped out?

Pass! I got a power gain when I had mine done .. torque and bhp I've got full Milltek .. mmm yummy noises!
  6. TonyK

Diesel owners! Miles per tank?!

I get about 370 - 420 a tank depending on the driving if it's town it's less if it's distance on motorways it's more
  7. TonyK

Ibiza cupra TDI- Stage one P-torque remap dyno results

Comparing I'd say more aggressive initially for mine but I think your usable power band is wider, so I'd have to change gear earlier.
  8. TonyK

TonyK's Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDi

As I've never added it before and the figures make the car look good (dyno lottery etc etc ;) ):
  9. TonyK

A scan of my RR graph from AmD for your perusal:
  10. TonyK

I'm not sure I'd be going for 2nd gear launches unless you're at a drag strip, I think it'd still put a lot of wear on the clutch, probably possible though. Enjoy anyway! I'll try to stick up my graph tomorrow if I can scan it at work
  11. TonyK

To be honest the time I find mine the most fun and great for embarassing bigger cars (hello Mr BMW and Mr Mercedes ... not that I'd do that though .. honest) is on motorways and dual carriageways in 6th. I don't think diesels are particularly happy at 0-60s although the ibiza does it well...
  12. TonyK

It's very very rapid, I think the clutch is saved by the wheel spin hehe .. I tend to be gentle with it above 3rd until I know I'm past the point of clutch judder (a pre-cursor to slip so I'm told). He's right about delivery though I'm not bothered about figures it's consistent power which is...
  13. TonyK

I think realistically it'll be slightly less at the flywheel if you took the engine out and then tested it but I like the figures lol. It's a ********* stage 1 remap, green panel filter and turbo back Milltek exhaust. The clutch is standard (and as yet hasn't slipped but I do tend to drive...
  14. TonyK

Looking at your wheel hp though you're higher than me by about 2 - 5 bhp (I had two runs) so your or my loss may be calculated a bit off .. that's what you get with rolling roads. To get a decent comparison we'd need to run at the same time on the same rolling road :)
  15. TonyK

I've got the most recent one after the remap but not scanned, 209bhp 344 lb/ft torque from rolling road day down at AmD, I'll have to scan it at work and stick it up
  16. TonyK

Oil on FMIC

Possibly a cause for concern, might be a cracked pipe I had that last year. Have you checked around it for oil anywhere else?
  17. TonyK

Returning from the Dark Side: New owner of a Mk4 Ibiza Cupra TDI

Has it been remapped before you bought it? I only saw smoke once mine was remapped (this went away once I had a full Milltek fitted though). Alternative is you've got a boost leak, can you hear any air rushing past at full acceleration?
  18. TonyK

I'm a bit surprised at 173bhp before the remap, I got 163bhp before a remap and thought it was good! The graph looks good for torque though I bet it feels quick.
  19. TonyK

Images within sig

No worries it's not the end of the world
  20. TonyK

Images within sig

Bugger I only changed it earlier today to imglink haha :doh: :D
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.