Search results

1. Extending a lease

Sure if you've done your sums and it works for you, go for it - my Mrs had a four year lease on her Golf and it didn't throw up any nasty surprises either, I just don't like the potential risk :) I've had two lease cars for two years each, and because of long life servicing I'll only pay for two...
  2. Extending a lease

Four years PCH? I'd say that's too long :) Presumably the car will be out of warranty for the fourth year, so any big repair expenses are down to you, then you have to give it back - plus you'll need to MOT it at the end of year three and four. I know four year deals can be cheaper monthly...
  3. Extending a lease

The OP is talking about PCH. PCH = lease (renting the car) PCP = a loan to finance a car purchase (which you can walk away from at some point if you want to)
  4. Extending a lease

VWFS will also arrange an informal lease extension if you plan to lease from them again, on the same terms you are currently on. Handy if you've ordered a new car and delivery is delayed. The useful thing about that is that they will only charge for the time you have the car, so while you'll...
  5. FR seat creaking

The driver's seat on my 18 reg FR creaks...a lot. Sounds like a rusty hinge or knackered spring or something, I thought it was coming from the left hand side, but can't find anything obvious. Never had this problem with the previous one (a 65 plate FR). It's going back in March, so I'll just...
  6. 1st Year Lease Service

You can if it's your car - with a lease you are effectively renting the car, so whoever you are leasing it from can make any rules they like.
  7. 1st Year Lease Service

That's good to know - thanks!
  8. 1st Year Lease Service

Definitely check your documents - my first lease was through SEAT Finance / VWFS and the document clearly states the car has to be serviced by SEAT dealer. The current one is with Alphabet, and their documentation states that it must be serviced or repaired by a SEAT 'franchised dealer or...
  9. Key fob battery low

Just got the warning on my old car, it's two years and two months old. It might be a coincidence, but it happened almost immediately after I opened the key fob to take the chrome bit off the top (in order to fit it to the key on the new car). I've never had to replace a battery that quickly on...
  10. Options affecting Leon lead times

I'm in south Oxfordshire, the delivery driver came from Newcastle yesterday, he's got three more drops + pick ups today before he can go home, poor guy. No snow overnight, but it's coming down now, the car's covered in snow already so I can't even admire it out of the window. Good luck to...
  11. Options affecting Leon lead times

Mine's arrived! Top work by the delivery driver, got here at 6. It's a bit cold out there. Doesn't seem too different to my previous FR, but now comes with....illuminated FR logo on the sill plates! Result! Bloody electronic handbrake will take some getting used to though, I hate it on my...
  12. Options affecting Leon lead times

Mine's being delivered to my house tomorrow morning - delivery driver suggested 6.00am so that he can beat the snow on the way home. I don't even know if it's light at 6.00am :shrug: but having ordered it in September I don't really care what time it arrives. Having checked the forecast...
  13. what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Apparently I went back in time today. Clock in the car is reading an hour slow. It's set to GPS, and the daylight saving option thing is on as well - the sat nav and traffic reports are both working so GPS is clearly fine, it just seems to have decided it's an hour earlier than it actually...
  14. Cracked tail lights

Perry's Aylesbury swapped my condensationy rear light for a new one at the first service (18K miles/16 months) without quibbling. Which was nice.
  15. Black Plastic Wheel Nut covers for Cupra BE

I emailed customer service initially I think, had a reply from [email protected] , then they called me. My car was only about a month old at the time. They sent a replacement set to Perry's Aylesbury for me. For them to say they don't know anything about it is ridiculous, loads of people...
  16. 09 Freetrack issues - Door lock, door mirrors, rattle, crap in dash

KS09 was mine, I sold it a year ago,I wondered if you'd bought it because it could well have had issues similar to the ones you've had - it had had a complete replacement drivers side mirror (first one got taken out by a pheasant) and would have had a replacement remote key fob (after my...
  17. Painting wing mirrors gloss black

Buy a pair of mirror housings from eBay, ebay seller '1963caymen' will supply them in any SEAT colour you want. Gloss black, £70, price seems to be for a pair. It would save a lot of hassle, and no damage to the existing ones. Try this...
  18. 09 Freetrack issues - Door lock, door mirrors, rattle, crap in dash

I don't suppose this is KS09A** is it?
  19. Black Plastic Wheel Nut covers for Cupra BE

Contact SEAT UK directly and they should replace them free. I did, and they had a pack sent to my local dealer for me to collect.
  20. FR 150 reverse gear problem

The fuel starvation/hesitation thing basically happens when I'm turning off a main road at a junction into a steep downhill minor road (which I do every day on my commute). I'll be in second gear, and with a reasonably steady throttle there's just no power, the revs won't rise unless I really...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.