Search results

1. midgetgem

Aux update

Turns out my 57 plate fr tdi didn't come with an aux as originally it was fitted with a changer, tried a dension kit and a cheap changer plug to Jack plug cable off ebay but neither will play music off my phone through the head unit, what other options do I have apart from aftermarket head unit?
  2. midgetgem

Leon FR 170 at higher mileage??

For me millage isn't an issue as long as it has the history to back it up. In the last month I've just bought a 57 reg fr tdi and it's just turned 90k, not huge miles but more than a few others I looked at. My advise is to go and look at the car, look at the history and old mot's if advisories...
  3. midgetgem

Where's my aux?

I thought they did, just going to have to retro fit
  4. midgetgem

Where's my aux?

Hi, I have a 2007 57 place fr tdi and can't find my aux anywhere! Might just be being stupid but I thought this was standard spec? There isn't a Jack on the centre console and there isn't one under the seats
  5. midgetgem

regal tuning remap

Has anyone had their car remapped with a regal tuning remap and if so was it OK? Tried searching but couldn't find anything, did a Google Search for remapping in my area (Carlisle) and it brought up these
  6. midgetgem

ebay tuning box 1.8t fr

Anybody tried one of these? Think it's worth a go for the money http://http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181924465459&alt=web I do appreciate that it will be nowhere near as good as a remap but stop it's a fraction of the price
  7. midgetgem

New Ibiza Tomorrow!

Congrats! I got a 20v T a while ago, and it still surprises me now, much on the mod list?
  8. midgetgem

Rear geometry

Think your right, no adjustment on the rear just worn bushes to replace
  9. midgetgem

Exhaust mod

Loud and throaty I would imagine, have a look on YouTube at drilling your air box too, cheaper than buying an air filter or induction kit
  10. midgetgem

P0106 help im stuck?

Lambda sensor?
  11. midgetgem

Clutch gone

Luk, Sachs or valeo are what I would be looking at
  12. midgetgem

Clutch gone

Sorry, £1000 for the Alfa
  13. midgetgem

Clutch gone

Before I got my fr I had an Alfa 159 sport wagon and it was going to be £1000 at an indi for both, so just out of interest when I bought this I got a quote and it can in at just over £510 all in, happy days
  14. midgetgem

New pads and discs on Cupra cost me £701 due to siezed pin...!?

think your right, the first quote seemed a little dear but £700! I wouldn't let it go, even if you've paid your bill it might not be to late, trading standards might like to hear about this as I bet your not the first customer that needed engineering assistance.
  15. midgetgem

The MK4 audio thread!

Sorry to go slightly off topic here but is there any modification needed to the cubby hole if I want to fit it up top instead of in the middle, wires are a bit cramped already and I haven't got the steering control interface in yet!
  16. midgetgem

"Bodykit"?

Have you tried searching for breakers on the Internet or the part finder websites? Most breakers will post and if your lucky you'll find one in the right colour ;)
  17. midgetgem

Timing Belt Pulley

Not sure on that one pal, but if I was you I'd just get the garage to do it, they'll probably have the timing tools to do it properly and its a job worth getting done properley as you'll get a guarantee
  18. midgetgem

Timing Belt Pulley

Stop running it!! If there's no tension the belt will either slip ( sounds like it has already) or come off completely causing your engine to smash itself to bits! How long ago was the belt done? And was the tensioner replaced at that time? Most kits come with a warranty, most of them 2years, so...
  19. midgetgem

Solid engine mounts??

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/engine-mounts/car/seat/ibiza-02-08-fr/vibra-technics-uprated-engine-mount-competition-right-hand-engine-mount Worth a look
  20. midgetgem

Multi function computer

Thanks for the reply I'll give it a go
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.