Search results

1. Jace

Jaces Leon FR has gone ,I've now got a LUPO GTI

Nothing like a clean engine.. Hopefully once my house has sold I'll be using a little of the funds to get myself a nice MK5 R32 2dr, I'll be within 10miles of work then, not 30, so the low mpg will be acceptable
  2. Jace

Jaces Leon FR has gone ,I've now got a LUPO GTI

I've been away from the forum for about a year now, thought I'd pop my head in & say hello, the FR has been gone since last December & I had a mk6 Golf GT up until end july, which was when my job was axed, so a more sensible & affordable car was needed Lupo Gti on a 51plate [B)]...
  3. Jace

Buying advice - Leon FR 2.0 TDI PD

I havent come accross anything during the 3yr & 80,000 I've done in mine. DPF sensors maybe, but after the software was upgraded over 20,000 ago its been fine.
  4. Jace

Dual Mass Flywheel Problem???

^^ yep sounds like that's a possible cause. I had on go on a metro turbo once :(
  5. Jace

DPF May need replacing soon - ouch!

I was going to get it done the other week on the 70 service, but as I needed 2 front tyres, well its got to be done next time. I'll have new rollers, water pump & all belts changed whilst its being done too
  6. Jace

Software upgrades

it says REVO in your sig picture ? :blink:
  7. Jace

DPF May need replacing soon - ouch!

mmm, sounds like some dealer BS to me. I'm running a similar milage to you & wont be MOT'd til october, by which I should have hit 80-85k.
  8. Jace

Exhaust Sensor #1

Had it changed last night, the original unit was made in US, the replacement Malaysia. She seemed to be much more torquey after the new one was fitted. Location of this sensor is just uner the engine cover, top left side, took 10 min total to fit & clear the fault code.
  9. Jace

Exhaust Sensor #1

Engine light came on friday night, rolled it in to the garage this morning & the machine says "Exhaust Sensor #1 Intermittent Fault" This is pressure sensor # 4 now thats gone, & its out of warranty now :( Have they upgraded the spec on these sensors or are they still made from cheese ?
  10. Jace

LEON FR TDI 170 | Cambelt or Chain?

80K & its a Belt Also worth getting the water pump replaced at the same time.
  11. Jace

iPhone 3gs connectivity on cupra k1

Why not do what I did & just buy a nano & leave it in the dock.
  12. Jace

Long Life servicing ?

I had mk4 golf previously & that was on vairiable, I think they keep it for just VW/AUDI though. ANybody else ?
  13. Jace

ZBOYD's Cupra.. First M.O.T. Will it pass? Yes it did :)

Re: ZBOYD's Cupra.. First M.O.T. Will it pass? It should pass, unless that lorry tyre lever they use to poke around goes through a sill ;) That is such low milage, you must still be on the original tank of fuel :D Mines due this october, I recon I'll hit 80k by then :blink:
  14. Jace

Long Life servicing ?

Anybody on this ? I know it invaladates your warranty, but I'm out of warranty now. Is it an option of the SEAT range via VAGCOM or have they just kept it for the VW/AUDI ranges on the PD 170 tdi's ?
  15. Jace

Top 10 non bhp increasing or appearance enhancing modifications for the MK2 Leon

^^^ me too. Much better than on my last car, a MK4 GT TDI 150
  16. Jace

1000rpm DPF regen, first time ever seen.. due to fuel change?

I only ever use supermarket fuel these days & a drop or 2 of millers. DPF regens about every other tank, which is about normal I believe
  17. Jace

Wants turbo chatter on mk2 FR

It sounds good when impressing the teenage girls at Mc'D's ;)
  18. Jace

Visibility problems with dash reflection on sunny day.

Just use a damp cloth to wipe the dash down, nothing silicone based other wise it will have a shine on it to equal a datsun sunny mini cab dash
  19. Jace

Sidelight gone.

I stuck a set of regular bulbs back in, cant be doing with the LED thing anymore. Bulbs flickering after a few weeks isnt good. You can get DRL spec 501's now, normal bulbs, just made to last longer
  20. Jace

How to get the front grill out on the cupra k1

It really needs a good tug, it feels like its going to break, but just keep pulling & it'll pop off
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.