Search results

1. Paul_W

mats

Mine's a 56 reg Reference Sport. The mats just basically screw into the carpet. Pretty crap way of doing it tbh
  2. Paul_W

mats

I bought a set from here a few months ago that fix in my screw. They fit great http://www.carmats4u.com/
  3. Paul_W

2011 Leon Mk3

I've not seen any pictures in this thread that really makes me think "wow" at first glance like the current VW Scirocco does. Just a shame it's so damn expensive
  4. Paul_W

Which one of these do I need?

So if I just got the cheaper adaptor and remember to remove the facia whenever I leave the car I won't have any problems with it causing a flat battery etc?
  5. Paul_W

Which one of these do I need?

Just looking to connect my pioneer unit into my mk2 leon. I don't have wheel controls. I've already got the aerial adaptor from when I used to run this unit in my old mk1 leon...
  6. Paul_W

headunit pictures

I thought the canbus adaptors were for both wiring harness and the wheel controls (which I don't have) in one? Do I still need to buy a canbus adaptor to get my headunit working?
  7. Paul_W

headunit pictures

What are you guys using for wiring harnesses? I've only got the standard harness that came with my pioneer single din headunit about 5 yrs ago. Can that just plug straight into the car? I don't have bluetooth or wheel controls so that's not an issue
  8. Paul_W

Oil...What to use in your TDI

Ok, I've had a better look at the bottle in the light. It's Halfords own brand oil fully synthetic 5w-30 for petrol and diesel. It reads "Meets requirements of VW/Audi 504.00 and 507.00 Long Life Service. *Supersedes all previous VW specs except VW 505.01 found in Halfords 5W/40 Fully Synthetic...
  9. Paul_W

We've got some 5w-30 in the garage. On the label it says it complies to vw spec 507 but not spec 505.01. how can that be right if 507 superceeds 505?
  10. Paul_W

So although my manual says to use spec 505.01 (which seems to be 5w-40) I should use 5w-30 spec vw 507? Car is a 2006 leon 2.0 tdi reference sport.
  11. Paul_W

Oil for Reference Sport 2.0 TDI

Found that thread already, that's what's causing the confusion. and yet people on here say 5w-30
  12. Paul_W

So is 505.01 5w40 not good to use then?
  13. Paul_W

Can someone clarify which oil I need for my car? It's midway between services and needs topping up. The manual isn't too clear on if it needs 5w30 or 5w40. Is the 505.01 spec what I need? I had a search online with 1 site saying I need 5w30 but the 505.01 spec only seems to be 5w40. :confused:
  14. Paul_W

Parts needed for aftermarket headunit swap!

Can I just use the standard power harness connectors that came with my 4 yr old pioneer unit? My car doesn't have bluetooth or wheel controls
  15. Paul_W

Passenger seat sensor

Had the same thing with mine the other week. Seemed to clear up after I'd actually made a journey with a passenger in the seat. Diagnostics eh? hah. What's next? Diagnosics to find the source of a rattle?
  16. Paul_W

Seat sensor fault

Gah. Went out this afternoon and it's doing it again
  17. Paul_W

Seat sensor fault

When I came out of work I had a quick sit on the passenger seat and it seems ok now. Maybe the seat just wanted some attention lol
  18. Paul_W

Seat sensor fault

On the way to work today my car started beeping at me and the seatbelt light was lit. I found that the car seemed to think that someone was sat in the passenger seat when there wasn't. There wasn't anything on the seat either. The only way I could shut it up was to fasten the passenger...
  19. Paul_W

windscreen issues

Well I for one have never had this happen. Had my Leon for 2 years
  20. Paul_W

Upgraded speakers HELP

As I understand this adaptor removes the need to add an ignition live feed http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctsst001-can-bus-steering-control-adaptor.html
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.