Search results

1. Wooing noise when changing gears

Hi does anyone have an idea ,what the this slight wooing noise is when I get to 3k revs and changing gears up but didn't do it when changing down
  2. passive/sporadic

hi rusty2k these were the only faults from dinostic test,.. the car keeps cutting out and hard to start the car will not rev over 2.5 rpm when this starts to happen this problem seems to happen after 10 mins of driving ,which starts with a lot of smoke from the exhaust. then i get a message on...
  3. passive/sporadic

anyone know what fuel rail/pressure to low and engine cracking means and what would this involve to fix this problem car is a leon mk2 cr 1.6 deisel
  4. what does this mean...

hi everyone. does anyone have any idea what ..what .."engine must run"...mean on the 1.6 tdi leon
  5. warping discs help

This time they have only been used around town driving until this weekend motorway driving pulsing violent when coming off the slip road ( moto exit). Tried balancing wheels and laser alignment stopped the shaking of the steering wheel which was another problem.
  6. Inner break pad wear

just had mine replaced on the back after 5 years 83k miles disc and pads inc labour 137.00£:D
  7. Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

what should i say to be exact ,not really clued up on mechanicsl matters :shrug:
  8. Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

mj i have this problem on a 57 reg cupra ,does this mean i will get it repaired free? as i have made a booking a week today at dealers
  9. Answers please

Is a fr 170 diesel as quick as a Cupra 300bhp when the diesel is remapped to 200bhp
  10. Answers please

Is a fr 170 diesel as quick as a Cupra 300bhp when the diesel is remapped to 200bhp
  11. 1.6 top speed

makes me wonder if it is something to do with cambelt ,it often makes a whining noise when revs are high,and is heavey on fuel . 50 mile run today and managed to get 37 mph tos with a 84 speed,. could this have some kind of restricter on the car ,and would i know if it had
  12. 1.6 top speed

why just for the wifes run around, just thought what speed it would do dont worry mines a mean leon cupra 313 bhp machine
  13. 1.6 top speed

hi everyone just purchased a 1.6 16v se mk5 ibiza.could someone tell me what top speed they have had from theres ,as seat official figure says 119 mph ,which i cannot get anything above the 85 mph mark
  14. which car for a mammoth trip

i actually own both cars ,it is a mk2 leon cupra 57 reg petrol with stage1 map ccode but from when i bought it from new 6 years ago i have never managed more than 305 mls for a full tank ,which shows this figure when refuelling on the trip meter. i drive normal motorway speeds never really go...
  15. which car for a mammoth trip

what cupra is it ,leon?
  16. which car for a mammoth trip

ive never had more than300 mls from a full tank in 6 years of owning the mk2 cupra,which has allways been motorway mls between 75-80mph
  17. which car for a mammoth trip

hi all which car would be the best for a trip to greece and back.,,seat leon cupra mk2 or a ibiza se 1.6 petrol whic averages 38 mph compaired to 28 for the cupra would the ibiza struggle with suitcases and 2 adults compaired to the cupras better torque any advice please
  18. cambelt noise

yes they changed it as a cam belt set .took it back today ,and now has to be stripped down to have a new cam belt set put in .was told might be a faulty bearing on the roller doesnt seem to me they know what it is
  19. cambelt noise

today had a cam belt and water pump change with the end result being a whirling whistle effect noise when the car is reved dealer seems to think this is ok and will calm down ,but to myself it is something has been over tighten as this is what the sound coming from the engine sounds like does...
  20. how far have you gone

just wondering who has taken there cupra the furthist milage on holidays etc