Search results

1. lee123

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

I had exactly the same on Saturday in virtually the same place. £10 later it was repaired and I was on my way again
  2. lee123

Cupra itch...

Get a cupra. I had a mapped fr tdi 150 then moved to a bmw 125d. Both were fairly quick, felt quicker due to the torque. Now I've got a cupra 300 dsg. Night and day difference in performance between either and sounds soooooo much better. Mpg is good for the type of car it is if that matters to you.
  3. lee123

How to improve mpg?

Had my cupra 300 dsg for around a month now and my commute is 24 miles each way. It's a mixture of built up city area and 15 miles of a roads. I use the eco mode and get 38-41. That said when I have a play its considerably less
  4. lee123

Back in a cupra

Good choice, I was drawn to the desire red but ultimately the spec and lower mileage made the decision. Still think I would have gone with the blue although the red looked far better in the flesh than in the pictures. Either way I'm sure you will enjoy the car, I'm smiling everytime I'm in it...
  5. lee123

Back in a cupra

Cheers guys, just a small snippet of the car history which has mostly been vag group with a few BMWs thrown in. Genuinely love this car. My last few cars have been diesel, this car sounds awesome compared to them and the power is addictive.
  6. lee123

Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

Brilliant news. I couldnt speak highly enough of the customer service. All of the cupras they had there were in great condition so didnt hesitate when there was £1.5k knocked off the one i went to view
  7. lee123

Struggling to find my next car?? (Focus st line or Leon Fr)

I part ex'd my old 125d for a 67 platecupra 300 at Marshall seat leicester earlier this week. Really nice cars there and the service was really good. Gave me a fair price for the 125d too. Would recommend them.
  8. lee123

Back in a cupra

Thanks mate. I went to see the blue and also saw a desire red which turned my head but the lower mileage and better spec made up my mind on the blue. Absolutely loving it. Even stock it sounds sooo much better than the 125d.
  9. lee123

Back in a cupra

After a few years away I'm back in a cupra Just PX'd my 125d for a leon cupra 300 dsg in mystery blue. Previously owned mk3 and mk4 ibiza cupra, a mk1 leon cupra r and a mk3 leon fr tdi 150 Love this car, great to be back in a petrol without the tractor sound
  10. lee123

Advice on abandoned car on my drive

My friend one had this happen to him. We didn't have access to wheel dollies so we jacked the car up enough to slide metal trays under each wheel, then we slid it out onto the road about 100 yards from his house. Removed the metal trays and left it there. When the woman finally knocked to ask...
  11. lee123

DCC Vs standard suspension

It's looking more and more like a cupra, obviously that's subject to a test drive and finding one of course. I think the fact that they are generally specced better meaning I will get more toys for my money. Not to mention more power. My main concern was with the ride as I do at least 50...
  12. lee123

Thanks for your input. I must admit I'm leaning towards the cupra. I need to get out in both to see what the two different cars offer up.
  13. lee123

I've driven a mk7 R with a manual gearbox and I absolutely loved it. DSG is a must have for me this time due to the city driving in rush hour in my commute. I was really impressed with the R, out of my budget though especially with DSG. I'm only considering the GTi due to the slightly...
  14. lee123

Thanks for your thoughts. My commute is a 50 mile round trip so want something that won't crash around all of the time especially when I have the kids in the car. I do like the idea of the ride firming up more when I want to have fun though so definitely leaning towards DCC being a must have...
  15. lee123

I'm currently looking to change my current MK3 FR TDI 150 for something a bit more fun. Top of the list are a MK3 cupra 280 dsg and mk7 GTi performance pack dsg for between 16-17k. Weighing up the options I can get in both cars I was wondering if anyone has driven both the cupra 280 and fr 150...
  16. lee123

DTUK tuning box

No probs mate, looking for a box for a 150
  17. lee123

DTUK tuning box

Is it for a 184 or a 150?
  18. lee123

Leon real world economy and performance

Hi, I've recently purchased a 2.0 tdi fr 150 and I'm currently getting around 60mpg per tank real world. My commute is 27 miles each way consisting of 4 miles through Birmingham city centre, 18 miles of motorway followed by 5 miles of A roads. I usually have it in sport mode as I like the...
  19. lee123

New fr owner

I would have gone for a 184 if I had more time but I needed to p/X the Bmw in quickly and the Leon was close and available at a good price, having said that I am more than happy with the 150. I've had plenty of quick cars but at the moment I need a reliable, economical car and this fits the bill...
  20. lee123

New fr owner

Just a quick hi from me, picked up my 2013 Leon FR 150 on Tuesday. Not new to seats as this is my fourth, just changed from a 320d efficientdynamics and to be honest I like the Leon a lot more. It's only a poverty spec 150 but fits my needs at the moment and I'm delighted with it. Certainly a...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members