Search results

1. lunalupi

rear wing from lupo gti on arosa

Do you mean the spoiler above the rear window? Unfortunately spoilers from Lupo's don't fit the arosa as we have a wrap-around rear window where the Lupo has a cut out. But Aftermarket spoilers are often designed to fit both, and there are a few for the Arosa. Most allow you to keep the high...
  2. lunalupi

General stuff.

Poor Arosa is going backwards at the moment - I purchased an enormous beast of a shed so at least I have 4 wheels again! But I spent today putting the Arosa into hibernation :( emptying things out, took his stereo out to go in the new car, and swapped the aero blades over (who'd have...
  3. lunalupi

General stuff.

Bulb sounds like it gone, but looking at your other post I think you've managed to fix it yourself now anyway :)
  4. lunalupi

New SEAT Arosa is Up!

It looks like another car that's out now, but I just can't quite work out which one...... Either that or it just looks like every other small city car out at the moment and I'm going to forget what it looks like as soon as I close the picture!
  5. lunalupi

New SEAT Arosa is Up!

So was mine! I had a holiday on the continent a few years ago and took him back to his birthplace :D
  6. lunalupi

New SEAT Arosa is Up!

People don't believe me when I tell them mine is 13 years old (it's an early '98) - it's a very ageless design and much nicer than the new Up!
  7. lunalupi

Arosa cam belt

It's recommended to change it - make sure it's replaced with the new metal pump not the original plastic design.
  8. lunalupi

urgent help needed please

You can host a video on Photobucket and post a link. Just make sure it isn't windy when you record it so we can hear it as clearly as possible! :)
  9. lunalupi

Engine 'Pinking'

Have you changed the spark plugs recently? Always a good start if not as it's cheap to do (and should be done regularly anyway) :)
  10. lunalupi

Cam Belt - water pump

It's a good idea if it's not been done before. The original plastic one was replaced with a metal version so you need to make sure it's be swapped over. :)
  11. lunalupi

Arosa cam belt

The book will tell you every 6 years or 60,000 miles. However it's recommended to change every 4 years or 40,000 miles just to make sure as a small number of belts have failed before the 60,000/6 year limits.
  12. lunalupi

Squeaky clutch pedal and high clutch bite point

Mine squeaked and was very heavy before I had the new clutch fitted - it was light as a feather after, I nearly put my foot through the floor when I went to drive away! :happy: How many miles has it done, and do you know how it has been driven?
  13. lunalupi

General stuff.

His emissions are just way too bad - think blue smoke on the fast idle test, plus his hydrocarbons and Lambda readings are too high. Other than that his only problem was low reading on his rear brakes!! So he's a very good car, but his heart is broken :( But that means new heart! So either...
  14. lunalupi

General stuff.

Crikey, where'd you dig this one up from Boo!! And in complete contrast to my last post on here - I have failed to get the Arosa another 12 months on the road :( So I might have to come to edition on two wheels......or bring whatever banger I manage to round up to roll around in.
  15. lunalupi

Rough idle - vibrations!

Mk1 uses NGK BUR6ET for a basic spark plug. And yes, the Arosa is 4 cylinders - take off your engine cover and you can see the 4 plugs and leads underneath :)
  16. lunalupi

Rough idle - vibrations!

If the plugs don't help it may be the HT leads - it's not massively expensive to replace them, but more than doing spark plugs so try that first :)
  17. lunalupi

Rough idle - vibrations!

3 cylinders....? The only 3 cylinder I'm aware of is the 1.2 in an Ibiza...
  18. lunalupi

Loops' Arosa

Well as I rather suspected, he failed the MOT - emissions as usual, and he's smoking quite badly now. So I've decided to take him off the road for a while while I fix him properly. He will be back either later this year, or in time for next summer :)
  19. lunalupi

Headlining Removal & Re-covering.

Nicely done Boo :)
  20. lunalupi

Loops' Arosa

Thanks :) MOT tomorrow, wish us luck! It's just some reasonably heavy weight sticky back vinyl! Cut into strips and applied with the help of some masking tape to keep them straight and some clay to clean the paint before applying.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.