Search results

1. Alhambras and rust?

Morning Guys and Gals, Been years since I last posted on this forum after moving away from SEATS with the sale of my Leon Cupra in 2005. However, I maybe re-entering the fold with a possible purchase of a 2006 SEAT Alhambra 2.0Tdi Reference. I am looking at a tidy car with 106K on the clock...
  2. Does anyone know this car?

Hi :wave: Been away for a very long time since I sold my Cupra back in 2005. Now, I could be back to the Cupra scene as I am looking at a 54 plate black Cupra R with interest. The dealer sounds like a wide boy :blink: but on their advert, they have listed that this car has been remapped...
  3. I love this forum ....

.... but I will be here even less unforunately due to my switch away from VAG cars when I replace my Bora at the weekend. Been here for a while now and I have to say out of the forums I frequent, SCN is the most entertaining and most responsive! Come across some very nice and very helpful...
  4. Attributed to MAF?

My car was running fine when the engine coolant sensor was replaced but now the blasted machine is behaving odd again. Can idle rough - the car physically shaking at times when standing still. Typically soon after start-up. Some trouble starting up in the morning. When it does come to...
  5. Rising engine speeds when idle

I get this from time to time with my car and would like to know the cause. Usually happens as soon as the car has started or soon after car has started. As soon as engines fires up, the revs rise - like the throttle has been bliped and returns to a normal idle speed (1k revs or just...
  6. My clutch was slipping .... now it isn't

I am a bit confused. Last week, the clutch on my Bora was slipping when I pushed the accelerator beyond a certain point in the high gears. In the highlands of Scotland over the bank holiday weekend, I had to choose my overtaking opportunities carefully as I didn't want to be pushing too hard...
  7. Oil leaking from intercooler

This morning, I noticed that there was oil that had dripped from the front offside of the car onto the drive. I am sure that this is coming out of the intercooler as when I recently had to remove the front bumper to refit some HIDs, the base of the interfooler was caked in oil and crap. There...
  8. Clutch slip damaging to gearbox?

My car has had an upgraded map put in (160 something to 180Bhp) and I *think* there is some clutch slippage. The clutch has been on the car for over 80,000 miles, so it is entirely reasonable for it to be on the way out. Is clutch slippage damaging for the gearbox at all? I don't want to be...
  9. Oil around intercooler?

I had a look under my car over the weekend as I am having a problem with the undertray grounding from time to time. I noticed that there is caked on oil/grease on the outside of the pipe that connects to the intercooler (situated in front of the front wheel on the offside). Checked all the...
  10. GS-D3s have stopped working

Never thought I'd post this but my Goodyear GS-D3s are not working :help: Since the weather turned cooler and damper, I do not have much traction pulling away. Earlier, I pulled away from a junction, the car wheeled spun through gears 1-3! Last week, in the rain, I had to creep away from the...
  11. Does your TDi like Shell Diesel?

Mine does not seem to! When I tank it up with Shell, I get an MPG on a mixed run in the mid to high 40s. However, if I switch to Esso or BP (normal) diesel, I get low to mid 50s! Is this isolated to my car od has anyone else found the same thing? Thanks.
  12. Fuel additives - can it be used regularly?

I just added some Forte diesel fuel system cleaner to my car and I am quite surprised by the noticeable extra little torque and smoothness. Thanks to Ebay, you can get this stuff quite cheap and it is made better by the fact that 1 bottle can last 2 tank loads. Does anyone know if there will...
  13. Light weight alloy recommendation

Hi, I have been looking into buying a set of light weight alloy wheels. This is for my Bora and I am thinking about the 17" ones.I have contacted Compomotive regarding their MO design but they advise that the wheel will weigh about 10Kgs, meaning 18 - 20Kgs with the tyre, which is not that...
  14. Pop up gazebos/marguees

I was thinking of getting one of these so that I could put it up over the car on really hot days and polish the car! .... 1.> How many people on here have one? 2.> Are they easy to put up and take down? 3.> What do the neighbours think about you polishing a car under one of these? Thanks.
  15. Sluggish Tdi

In this warm/hot weather, my car seems to feel sluggish. First time I have driven a diesel in the summer and I am quite surprised it has affected the car as much as it has. Anyone else got the same problem? Like a 1.8T Leon, will cutting vents in the wheel liner help the intercooler to help...
  16. Chipped UK

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had headr/ued this company to remapp their cars? http://www.chippeduk.com/ Thanks.
  17. Help on replica Audi wheels

I am thinking of getting a set of replica Audi wheels for my car. Does anyone know a place to get some quality replicas? I have heard problems which some cheap replicas can cause such as wheel balancing problems and dodgy paint finishes. Been looking at one available from a company called...
  18. Cambelt change, now noisy ...

I had the cambelt changed on my car 3 days ago. Got it back and drove it to work yesterday. When the car is at standstill, there is a belt whirring noise. When the engine is revved, the whirr increases in pitch and it gets drowned by the noise of the engine. This cannot be right. Like fan...
  19. Used pads heat up more?

Do brake pads that are very near to the end of their life generate more / overheat easier? Thanks.
  20. Meguiars difference ?

Sorry to post yet another Meg's question. Just been looking on their site and see they have a range for "enthusiasts" and another range for " bodyshops". Does anyone know what the difference would be? Bodyshop gear better? Enthusiasts stuff is simplified bodyshop products? Same stuff...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.