Search results

1. ibiza owner

Engine Sensors

yep, glad you read it properly in the end :D Absolutely no problems at all since - it seems that sensor must have been sending back wrong signals to the ECU and when I cleaned it that cured the trick. Wasn't easy place to get to but well worth the time and effort to clean it because it...
  2. ibiza owner

Engine Sensors

What problem have ye got - where it wont rev over 3,000 rpm ? Andy.
  3. ibiza owner

Clutch pedal box - Watchdog complaint????

When I contacted SEAT in Ireland (my box has not snapped completely but there is a line there where the metal has weakened so much) anyway they said its out of warranty and what normally causes this is the diaphragm springs on the clutch cover plate normally break or get weak over time and that...
  4. ibiza owner

Rear Wiper on Mk3 Ibiza has a life of its own!

My rear wiper on my Ibiza Mk3 comes on all by itself and stays on all the time even when the switch is off but then sometimes will stop for a while then a little bit down the road will start off again on its own. Sometimes the front wipers will work on their own as well with the wiper switch off...
  5. ibiza owner

Painting Interior Door Trims

Has anyone painted their grey bit on their dash black on their Mk3? - what paint did you use to do it, was the finish good and has anyone got any before and after pictures? cheers.
  6. ibiza owner

Bloomin' Paint!

My paint on my Mk3 is going really hazy/bloom/faded whatever you call it, the car is six years old now. I cannot decide whether I should just T-Cut the whole lot or turtle wax it (paste out of the tin) or should I T-Cut it first and then wax it? - all I want is the shine back. I washed the...
  7. ibiza owner

clutch pedal removal

Nasty, Hope it didn't snap whilst you were driving. My pedal box started to crack and I just caught it by placing a strong bit of metal/bracket to it in situ. SEAT Told me that the problem is not only there is a thin bit of metal there they said it can indicate that the clutch pressure...
  8. ibiza owner

Removing Rear View Mirror

Well I got mine off today. It came off ultra easy which makes me think that maybe some kind of clip is missing or its worn on the spindle or something and it went on with no real pressure as well. Very strange I was thinking it shouldn't have been this easy to take on and off myself. Only...
  9. ibiza owner

Ibiza MkIII Airbag Removal - Help!

Just was wondering where you got your stalk from in the end? - did you go to main squealers? my windscreen wiper stalk switch was playing up and i had to remove my steering wheel. I too out the wiper stalk and give the contacts a good clean up but I should really replace it because the...
  10. ibiza owner

I might try removing it tomorrow - if your right ear starts burning you will know I have cracked the windscreen and the air will be blue here! :D
  11. ibiza owner

Ah, but you haven't mentioned about putting back on - 'push and crack windscreen':lol:
  12. ibiza owner

worth using red x?

My Mk3 has done 85,000 miles. A couple of weeks ago I went to Halfords and was gonna get some Slick50 Oil additive for it, quite dear though. Went next door to Homebase where there was this American oil additive by JML called Motor Plus Engine Treatment at 15.00 Euro. Bunged it in the Engine...
  13. ibiza owner

Front Grill Mod

I :think: number 3 looks mean & agressive.........
  14. ibiza owner

Front Grill Mod

A lot of other newer cars have the bonnet down to the bumper with a narrow grill (is it grill or grille?). Maybe they have been redesigned to deflect the airflow better.
  15. ibiza owner

Front Grill Mod

Meaner yes, bit I want it to look a little sleeker. Yeah I like those chrome surrounds. Any Idea where you can buy those ones aftermarket? - do you have to get them from SEAT?
  16. ibiza owner

Car's in the Bodyshop - Pics

Yeah it does. If the bonnet was really sitting on the bumper like that on the Mk3 Ibiza I bet it would make the Aerodynamics better.
  17. ibiza owner

With a bit of spare time this afternoon I loaded a pic of the front into my paintshop pro on the PC and done a few variations. The subtle results make the front of the car look a lot different. Have a look here. Andy.
  18. ibiza owner

Yes, amazing what a bit of T-Cut can do isnt it ;)
  19. ibiza owner

Front Grill Mod

Just had a little time to kill and thought I would load a picture of the front of my Mk3 into paintshop pro and get an idea of what the front of the car would look like with a revised grill section underneath the bonnet. I think it changes the whole look of the front of the car. I am quite...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members