Search results

1. seat road side assistance

All Seats come with a two year European breakdown warranty. Current promotion gives you another year every time you book a service online at you local dealer. Have had a few Seats and have found you can just book as normal over the phone with your dealer mentioning the 1 year extra breakdown...
  2. Service & Maintenance Contracts worth it or not?

Seems expensive for service and maintenance even if you exclude the tyres. I have a service only contract for 3 years and pay just under £10 a month, total cost over 3 years is under £360 and actual service costs for years 1, 2 & 3 are £507 (£169, £139 + £199) so around £150 saved. The extra...
  3. Seat servicing plan

My 184 ST Leon costs £9.86 a month for 36 months and gives three services over 36000 miles / 3 years (£169, £199 & £139 at current prices.) Standard new car breakdown cover is for 2 years and has been like this for new Seats for many years (since at least 2006 to my knowledge). Current...
  4. Service schedules?

Why does the service book no longer detail what is involved in each type of service schedule? Previous versions used to show all the detail with breakdown of mileage / time showing when everything was supposed to be changed. Things like plugs, air filter, fuel filter, cam belt etc. is this...
  5. Qu re Free Tech Pack

Basically yes. On mine I got a discounted quote which included the free tech pack and just paid this amount plus the other extras added. Goes down as a technology pack model order but nothing appears as far as extra payments go on my invoice.
  6. Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

Got that on top of the original discount I negotiated. So in the end total discount from original base price for a 184 ST FR was Just short of £2600 plus the extras I ordered on top which also got a bit of discount too. Not as much as a broker but not too far away and the dealer is really...
  7. Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

Got some good new today as the dealer said that the £1000 contribution is back and even though mine was ordered in May I will still get it. So with that and the 0% finance I am well happy. Car is here now and picking up later this Month.
  8. Expected Delivery?

Ordered mine (184 ST FR) on 20th May and it was put on a boat last Saturday (28th June) and was supposed to arrive this week but have not checked yet. Going on hols anyway so wont be picking up until towards the end of this month. Quite quick compared to some as I was initally told 12 weeks...
  9. Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

Not had any dealings myself but may be somebody on here has dealt with them? Just for info I dont live that far from where there office is and do know what the area and building is like. Its just older type office block building that lets out offices to all sorts of small companies. Area is not...
  10. Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

Still doing the 0% apr with 50% deposit but not the £1000 deposit contribution any more. Ordered mine last month and did ask about it. Think all latest offers finish at end of this month.
  11. Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

For info I managed to get the price from Stoke Seat nearly £500 lower than the lowest Car Wow quote. Price I ended up with was not as low as the cheapest Broker but not to far away and did the deal direct with the dealer who has kept in touch with updates etc. Ordered 20th May and due to be...
  12. Finding best prices for a 2.0 184 TDI

Also used car wow and then contacted the dealers on the list. Went over to Stoke Seat for a test drive (184 ST with tech pack) and got a really great welcome. Gave them details of prices I had been offered including What Car-target price and they beat them all and also offered me over £1000...
  13. Reversing sensors and Auto headlamps?

Got a new Altea XL 2.0 TDi CR SE in June with reversing sensors and auto lighting included. Used to have a previous 1.9 Altea with reversing sensors which were nice and loud and very easy to hear. The reversing sensors on my new Altea are a lot quieter even though they do lower the volume...
  14. Daytime runing lights query

Thanks for the info. Have worked out that the daytime running lights are only included if you take the bi-xenon headlamp option (which I dont have). Seat spec in pdf brochure on web site implies DTRL are included with all Altea XL's but clearly not the case. Obviously another bit of sneaky...
  15. Daytime runing lights query

Just taken delivery of a new Altea XL 2.0 TDI CR and very happy:) Just wondering if daytime running lights are supposed to be on it as I thought the law changed and all new cars since Feb this year was supposed to have them fitted? The car just has standard halogen lamps fitted and not...
  16. Supply issues with alloy wheels?

Sorry not sure which one it was they actually replaced, just they ordered all five in case. They did say that three are failrly easy to reach but two are a right pain. Just to note the 'ticking' noise I got always disappeared if you switched the climate control to off and always reappeared after...
  17. Supply issues with alloy wheels?

Just had my 2nd service (2yrs) and pointed out a few things that required looking into. One of these was the start of small amounts of blistering appearing on all four alloys. The dealer had no problem with this and agreed to replace all four. Parts ordered and took just under a week to arrive...
  18. Which Altea?

Try going to the Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (VOSA) recall site and do a search. http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp
  19. CD changer fitting

I have some instructions and photos that may be of use I got from someone (John Storr) on a previous forum in 2006 when I got my new Altea. I was going to fit a 6 CD changer but in the end I bought my Altea with the MP3 / CD player head fitted so did not need to fit a CD changer. PM me your...
  20. which remap

Only applies to the 2.0 TDi engine I think. Check out the VOSA web site for info on exact chassis / model numbers involved in the recall. http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp