Search results

1. mr.aston

Violent steering problem

Under inflated tire? Steering needs realigned? Trackings off? Somebodys stuck an anchor to your car?
  2. mr.aston

Rear bearing bother!

shes an early 96 (pre-facelift) 1.9d
  3. mr.aston

Rear bearing bother!

Dont quite kno what u mean man? Inside the drum theres more like 2 bearings a large 1 that should fit in2 the hub & a small 1 that sit right at the front just behind the split pin cover that hold the whole thing together. My problem is the the diameter of the larger bearing is too small to fit...
  4. mr.aston

Rear bearing bother!

Hey yall! Just spend the last 4hrs trying to do a job that should have taken 20mins! Changing a rear wheel bearing! Bought the kit 4 £10 from a local garage after they'd checked the make, age & engine size of my car on their computer. Anyway, goes to fit today & low & behold its too fookan...
  5. mr.aston

clutch given me stick

When i press down on my clutch pedal its squeaks sometimes. Coud this be something serious or just whack some wd40 on it?
  6. mr.aston

white verus black

Personally i think black alloys only really suite black cars. But saying that, i wouldn't put white 1's on a silver car! suppose its all really personal taste really!?
  7. mr.aston

white verus black

white.
  8. mr.aston

Drilling air box

I've got a 1.9 diesel. Is this ok to do with a diesel engine?
  9. mr.aston

Gearbox.. MOT monday

my wheel bearing collapsed on monday morning mate. If its on its last legs it'l go from a distinct low "rumble" to a high pitched "squeal." this is the last thing i heard b4 my rear whell locked up!
  10. mr.aston

Back on the road!

aren't torx screws more like little hexagons? like the 1s u get in mobile phones? I recently done this mate... (After getting some help from brummy!) Excuse the mess! She needs a wash! wot u wanna do is go in thru the boot. take off the black lining on the tailgate & ull see the...
  11. mr.aston

firstly... HELLO!! Secondly... HEEEELP!!!

Aye, Krishen's spot on! ps- welcome to the site mate! How did u go 5yrs without us? :D
  12. mr.aston

Will it be easy?!

Ur watching that 1 on ebay as well aye? :D
  13. mr.aston

plans for the mk2

did u ever get the paint match for ur cars arse brum?
  14. mr.aston

8v Spoiler.

i do.... but i fear the 18month old in the back seat my be deaf by the time shes 2! :cry:
  15. mr.aston

8v Spoiler.

haha! :cartman: fair enuff mate. i'll let u kno how mine goes. sounds like a train running by im hittin 70!!
  16. mr.aston

8v Spoiler.

nae chance of that then mate! i live in ayrshire! most places dont even stock superglue! while im here brumster, u ever changed a rear whell bearing? iv had a search on here but i can only find the leon boys talking bout it. any ideas of prices or is it an easy diy job? sorry 4 jackin the thread!
  17. mr.aston

8v Spoiler.

haha! every bugger recommends tigerseal but i cant it anywhere. :D
  18. mr.aston

8v Spoiler.

what did u use chief?
  19. mr.aston

8v Spoiler.

No, i think he could be right brum. I've got an 8v replica & it has 2 bolts on either side. none thru the glass. Saying that, i havnt fitted mine yet! i was gonna cut the bolts off & just tigerseal it down! ;) eh brummster?
  20. mr.aston

Show off your mk2 ibiza :)

could be 1 of a million things! was ur engine on when u tried it? did it work in the 1st place? so on....