Search results

1. uzzy

Alarm Problem - 2007 Leon FR

It took me some time to isolate this. I thought I had posted the reason but maybe I didn't. The problem was the passenger door control module, which was found by getting it plugged into a diagnostic laptop and identifying the past alarm events. It is a pain to change and isn't cheap but I'm...
  2. uzzy

Colour for cupra

So I don't have a pic of the side but it is possible that skirts were fitted I guess. It seems the stealer isn't very knowledgeable or is trying to pull a fast one. Rules them out of a sale ;-)
  3. uzzy

Colour for cupra

I bumped into this in a stealer near brum. Amazing phantom black fully loaded however I do have a question, the dealer said it had a body kit installed one of only a couple in the country. TBH I can't see the difference apart from the colour which is top of my list. Retailed at around 30k he...
  4. uzzy

MK3 Leon Cupra, what we know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zcy2SxA-V8 defiantly considering black :-)
  5. uzzy

Does anyone know or seen if you can order a towbar for the 280? Can't seem to find any reference to it.
  6. uzzy

http://www.driving.co.uk/first_drives/seat/leon/gavin-conway/first-drive-review-seat-leon-cupra-280-dsg-2014-online-exclusive/18212 Positive review :-)
  7. uzzy

Very brief review on TG http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/seat-leon-cupra-first-drive-2014-02-11
  8. uzzy

Stones in brake guards

I thought my exhaust had fell off the other day. Just drove backwards for a few meters and it sorted it.
  9. uzzy

Stiff gear change when cold 2006 FR TFSI help please.

For info this problem has gone away since the change :-)
  10. uzzy

56 plate TFSI FR Battery Drain Problem

Are you having alarm problems too? I'd follow the guides on youtube and remove the fuses one by one and see if that helps before thinking it might be this. It should be at around 0.01a ish. Even following the the fuse removal steps didn't make any difference for me so that might help diagnose...
  11. uzzy

Alarm/Drivers door problems

Not something I would like to repeat. A few paniced moments ;-) used door card removal guide on the sticky.
  12. uzzy

It turns out the problem was the passenger door control module £265, I changed myself using the guide on the forum (bit of a nightmare). After using a local diagnostics guy and help from this fantastic forum it is sorted. My local garage was a waste of time diagnosing it £65 down the drain and I...
  13. uzzy

So I changed the passenger side door control module (£265 ouch) and my problems are all sorted, checked the battery drain which was 0.4a and it is now around 0.02a, no alarm problems!! Fantastic thanks guys.
  14. uzzy

The Ultimate guide to fitting component speakers / removing door cards.

I'm trying to get to the door control module. Do I actually have to remove the glass to do this? I can't tell.
  15. uzzy

Thanks Ryan
  16. uzzy

Yes please!! Thank you Ryan.
  17. uzzy

I've been having similar issues with my 56 plate FR. Alarm going off and battery drain, door open light intermittently on whilst driving (when the doors are all closed). I have also noticed a ticking noise every 30 seconds or so from what I think is the CCM. Would this point the finger at that...
  18. uzzy

Alarm Problem - 2007 Leon FR

I have a battery drain problem on my 56 plate FR but no other faults. I have tried to diagnose this myself by pulling fuses and seeing the battery drain (about 0.4amps) drop on an ammeter but I can't isolate it. Where and how would I disconnect the DCM, fingers crossed this is the cause but I'm...
  19. uzzy

Thanks guys! Hi, no the head unit is standard. I did try the pulling fuse trick (the ones in the driver door box) but it didn't make much difference. Should I be pulling other fuses? All the convenience lights are off.
  20. uzzy

I currently have the strangest problem with my FR, over around 3 days of not using it the battery drains. I have googled this to death and tested between the negative terminal and negative connector using a multi meter that it is using 0.4a while switched off hence the reason for the drain, it...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.