Search results

1. skidder

Central locking mystery

Hi Ladies and Gents Recently when I use the keyfob to remotelly unlock the car it will only unlock the drivers door after two button presses. Usually this would unlockk all the doors as it should. Does this sound like the battery might be getting low in the key and needs changing. The doors...
  2. skidder

Alloy delivery courier?

I found interparcel good for delivery of alloys. You get the choice of their own service, UPS, DHL etc with various delivery options with them all. Used them a number of times and never any problems. Input weight and basic dims and you get quote online, print off dispatch notes etc...
  3. skidder

Which is quicker.....

I had a go of my mates 180Gti for a few days. TBH I thought it would be faster than it was, being as its a bit lighter. Seemed like it needed to be kept high in the rev band to keep it going but they can shift! I feel far safer in the LC at speed than the Pug, cracking seats in the 180's bar...
  4. skidder

Lots of tree sap!!!!!!!!!!

APC ? any info on this, not heard of it before
  5. skidder

Thanks for that. I've got a Meguirs clay bar kit already just wondered if there was anything I could treat it with before using a clay bar to make it easier. If there's not then I will attack it with that.
  6. skidder

Just bought an Golf Gti thats been sitting under a tree for about three years so its absolutely covered in tree sap. Apart from clay baring it, is there any other pre treatment i can use before the old elbow grease etc. took three hours on my leon with the clay bar and it hardly had anything on...
  7. skidder

First questions on a LCR & FR TDI

boot space I have seen from other posts that the boot it big enough to be child proof, but what about golf clubs? Does a normal golf bag fit without having to take clubs out? How many golf bags can you get in (roughly)? You can get the clubs in the boot with a standard sized bag, but I...
  8. skidder

Leon gives me a heart attack

Ha ha ha, thankfully no. No dodgy pit crews ready to "change my wheels for bricks" Bridge of Dee roundabout, only another 3 or 4 roundabouts, 40 million traffic lights and uphill to get home.
  9. skidder

Leon Stinks!

Yep, good idea to keep it running now again, I bought a 306 TDS with air con. The guy who had it before me hardly ran the car, and thought using the air con would "eat up the diesel". Turned out he needed a new compressor, condensor, hard pipes cos the fluid had sat stagnant for so long and...
  10. skidder

Leon gives me a heart attack

After 8 months of relativly pain free motoring since I got my cupra, had a slight situation getting home. All was well, came to a nice busy roundabout, pulled away and then there was a judder then an almighty whoooosh sound. Great! why do these things happen at peak traffic time:censored: ...
  11. skidder

Is this Leon TDI the one for me?

Steering wheel slightly left is a common thing on the leon I beleive, Im sure its been mentioned before, try a search. Unless you have a major pull to one side or uneven tyre wear its not too much to worry about. Got the same myself
  12. skidder

Platinum LCR - Dodgy Paint Finish or Rust?!

I had something similar on my cupra, I put it down to the fact that with no mud flaps etc to stop the muck it builds up in this area as sometimes after a few quick washes you dont get into those hard to reach places. Polished mine last week and it came off no bother and the paint underneath was...
  13. skidder

Tried to take some arty night time shots.....

If you get things sorted out with the wheels or get other wheels, give me a shout if the RS6's are up for grabs i'd be interested in taking them off your hands. :D
  14. skidder

Just checking, when I bought mine a few months back I looked at one out at Inverurie and thought it might be that one. Not many going about in Blue, stands out in a crowd.
  15. skidder

For those wanting to honeycomb the CUPRA R bumper (upper)

Just a thought, but if you managed to get a lower grill (bit under the bumper) on the cheap could you "cut it up" to get the extra honeycomb you need to fill the space at the top, you would have some left to do more if required. May not be cost effective or physically possible, just a...
  16. skidder

Looks pretty good to me. You had the car for long?
  17. skidder

After a bit of spit and polish

A few pics after a cleaning session and adding some bits and bobs
  18. skidder

new banner

I thought something looked different when i logged on. Looks spot on. Nothing like a bit of spring time re-decorating!
  19. skidder

Lacquer problems - not on Brembo's

Dont think it has been repaired. Dealer went round the whole car measuring paint thickness and all seemd to be in order. Also went over the whole door with a fine tooth comb for signs of overspray and the wasn't any. You can usually tell if it has been painted after repair and there are no...
  20. skidder

Lacquer problems - not on Brembo's

I have done a search and found there have been lacquer problems with Brembo's on the LCR and obviously when there are stone chips on the bonnet etc, but has anyone had anyproblems with it just flaking off in uncommon area's Went to wash the car yesterday and found a piece of lacquer (about the...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.