Search results

1. stewbie55

Smoky BKD 140

My turbo failed at 41k miles, just after I bought it. Apparently there have been quite a few low mileage failures of these turbos according to my local indi. My symptoms were exactly as Stonsie describes but I also had the classic "owl" sound when on boost.
  2. stewbie55

normal wiper operation?

Guys can you tell me if your wipers do this? If I pull up and turn the ignition off with the wipers in the "on" position I find if I get back in the car and start up again the wipers don't restart - I have to move them either to double speed or intermittent to get them to re-start, it's...
  3. stewbie55

80MM tip for the LCR - Cheap

Creation Motorsports 80mm TIP is not looking good for fitment on the TT forum either :whistle: http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=283478
  4. stewbie55

Civic type R to a Leon FR TDi...

I just did the calcs based on 12,000 miles a year which is about what I do. Assuming 30MPG from petrol and 50MPG from diesel (pretty much what I got). Fuel saving for a year (including diesel price difference) is £893 or £74.40 a month If you include road tax of £130 vs £260 a year then...
  5. stewbie55

Bloomin Window Wipers!!

Oddly mine were noisy for about a week after fitting new OEM blades about a week after buying the car. They were fine for the first few wipes then squeaked like mad. Now they are perfectly silent. I think the dealer I bought the car from had put some window treatment on and the new blades...
  6. stewbie55

Where is the EGR valve on my Leon?

Well I fitted it and thought it fixed my problem for a couple of days but then the symptoms came back - to be honest they are better some days than others so I don't think the EGR changed anything. The old one was moderately dirty but I reckon was probably OK actually... If you're going to do...
  7. stewbie55

Help****how do you change the steering wheel on a mk2 seat leon??

With pictures: http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/156872.aspx Golf mk5, but you get the idea....
  8. stewbie55

The worst thing you hate about your leon fr tdi pre or facelift

OK so mine is a PD140 but absolutely no rattles on mine (bar making sure the unused passenger seatbelt is set to the right height) one of the biggest improvements I noticed after my mk1! Maybe the rattles are down to the FR's firmer suspension?
  9. stewbie55

I think FR MPG is better than first thought...

I've been averaging about 50MPG on my trip to work in my PD140. Actually it seems to be getting better since having new tyres and fuel filter or maybe I'm just getting better at driving it - managed 58.5 yesterday somehow and that's still doing 75 to 80-ish on the motorway and giving it some...
  10. stewbie55

Wiper Blades

I too went to get some from Halfords and they didn't have them. Got them from my Local TPS in the end for about £18 each I think. They have the dealer part numbers on them but say made in germany on them so guess they're Bosch.
  11. stewbie55

TOYO T1R or R888's

Not keen on T1R's on a previous car - very "squidgy" tyre with very poor steering response and turn-in, though decent enough grip mid corner. That was after changing from Michelin pilot sports though...
  12. stewbie55

Turbo noise (Police Siren)

hmmm... that's the exact same sound as my knackered turbo - are you getting a lot of white/grey smoke too? I must admit if mine was only making the noise and was not smoking I'm not sure I'd have realised the turbo was on the way out as some noise seems quite common. However as I said before...
  13. stewbie55

Turbo noise (Police Siren)

I bought my 2.0TDi last month and noticed almost immediately after I picked it up (but not on the test drive!) that there was some significant blue/grey smoke form the exhaust under acceleration from low revs and what can only be described as an "owl noise" when pootling around in 1st or 2nd...
  14. stewbie55

Changing the dampers to suit lowering springs

I know there are two different diameter front shocks on the mk2 leons, 50 or 55mm IIRC, I'm guessing the hub assembly is different to accommodate the specific diameter of the shock, so possibly cupra shocks won't fit - maybe someone else can confirm this? I reckon the H&R or KW spring and...
  15. stewbie55

Fitting heated washer jets.

With the last couple of cold winters we've had, I reckon heated jets are pretty much essential. In my mk1 Cupra R I had over a week with no usable washers the last two years due to the weather. I'd really like them on my MK2 and I'm surprised they're not a standard fit TBH as they must be cheap...
  16. stewbie55

I may have bought a Dog!

Good to see you got it sorted, it's horrible when you get that sinking feeling after handing over the reddies on a new car. I was in a similar position with a dodgy turbo on the ref sport I recently bought from a non-seat dealer - fortunately they fixed it under their 3 month warranty and all...
  17. stewbie55

Decided not to p**s about with cleaning the EGR and shelled out for a new one today: Part number is 038 131 501AN for the 2.0 140 BKD engine (same for many others as well). Price was £89 including VAT, gasket was £2 from my local TPS. Not sure where the £50 ish came from earlier in...
  18. stewbie55

revo remap on an fr

I think it's only the PD170 that Revo don't re-map, PD140 is OK and older 1.9 engines.
  19. stewbie55

Best tryres for leon fr?

standard profile - 225/45 17
  20. stewbie55

Circled in red: Top half is EGR valve proper, bottom half is air throttle:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members