Search results

1. sargey

CV Joint/Boot or wheel bearing?

definately not the balancin as i got it done the day before i went on a long journey up the motorway and it was still happenin warped discs surely would give bad braking? i had to break hard the other night and the braking was fine
  2. sargey

CV Joint/Boot or wheel bearing?

Ok, going down the motorway or over 65, the steering wheel has speed wobble (its not traction or tyres or balancing, had them all done) also when breaking at that speed(hard ish), the steering wheel wobbles could this be a wheel bearing problem or cv joint/boot problem or something else...
  3. sargey

Throttle Body Cleaning..

Throttle body clean can be done quick and easy with out you dismantling it. 1.Go to local motorfactors or halfords and buy throttle body cleaner/carb cleaner (spray) 2.Undo the jubilee clip that holds the large pipe on from the intercooler 3.grab a rag and spray the cleaner in the TB and...
  4. sargey

Flushed doors...

well for a start improved turbo cooling which is a big bonus, better performance and with a remap much more power!!
  5. sargey

Flushed doors...

its a lot of dosh just to have a button that opens the door without handles, i think its more hassle really, save the 700 spondoolies and buy a front mounted intercooler if u got a turbo instead, much better idea!
  6. sargey

I'm follwing suit

dunno what happened to uploading pics. Struggled fitting the guides and the bumper, couldnt get to the bolts but its on now this one is the night i fitted it, without the bolt covers and no number plate (blurry photo taken in petrol station) This one take outside the gf's house just b4...
  7. sargey

2001 lc cutting out

reset the codes and re check with vag-com, it could just be because of the reset they popped up. check all plugs, plug gaps and coil packs. Even do a log to check the MAF as they create "chugging" That breather pipe is prone to perish, id suggest a method like silicone hosing (i made a thread...
  8. sargey

Boost Troubles

local motor factors or eurocarparts are quite good, if you want OEM then obviously go to stealers but pay a packet. What reg is your car? As you have 5 years warranty on coil packs from Seat as they are such a common problem, i had one of mine replaced a day before the warranty ran out.
  9. sargey

Smells rich

mine smells rich mainly at idle when sat warmin up, but can smell it when drivin sometimes. Its really potent. No ideas whats causing it tho
  10. sargey

Smells rich

My car seems to be smelling really rich. Rich enough to be smelt from inside the car. The fuel filter has been changed and so has the pollen filter but neither has changed anything (only as i read somewhere on here to change them) Has anyone got any ideas. To help, it did once have the revo...
  11. sargey

Split bloody crankcase breather hose!

just do a mod like mine! same price as a standard oem hose but will last longer
  12. sargey

Cupra R down to Cupra

plus a facelift means its still a cupra, not a cupra R wannabe, it is like puttin an M badge on a 318 as you said earlier, i prefer facelift bumpers on a cupra than cupra R on a cupra. facelift bumpers can be bought cheaper, i bought front and back for £170 with top grille, fixed and painted...
  13. sargey

noisy cold start

Hey guys, i browsed the guide and thought to check mine and im glad i did, the gap on my pump was pretty big as seen below And here is the finished article - parts cost me £1.50 from proper job Took me about 2 hours as its a bar steward to take off and worse to re-fit! But the proof is...
  14. sargey

I'm follwing suit

UPDATE Got both bumpers on, back took 1hr 45 mintues to remove and fit new one front took ages and doesnt quite fit properly but its ok. Ill get some pics on when its cleaner but its filthy at the moment. Looks hot!
  15. sargey

Out side window seal

No not yet, The part is stil at the stealers, i also have a leak somewhere that seems to be leaking by my clutch pedal. Its only that one point, no trails anywhere, i cant find it
  16. sargey

noisy cold start

Mines loud as hell, even louder on a really cold day, might try this 2moz. If i can do it. It annoys the hell out of me as its really really loud
  17. sargey

I'm follwing suit

yes the black ones. 3 out of 4 were smooth, you can buy them that way, or primed. All i did was use acetone and cellulose thinner to clean them, lightly wet flat them to score them, prime them and then paint them with a can of paint, used laquer as well to seal the deal. If you want the bumpy...
  18. sargey

I'm follwing suit

new update, i painted the side door trims yesterday as i had a day off, they look much better colour coded i might wet flat and polish the bumper today or i might leave it til friday
  19. sargey

I'm follwing suit

I finally got time to get at my rear bumper, I primed it yesterday and wet flatted and painted it today, this pic tho is only the base coat, ill take a pic of the laquerd finish when i get a chance hopefully friday ill be able to get at it again, wet flat the orange peel and polish it...
  20. sargey

Wet by my clutch pedal

yeh its fine, ive checked the hose entry and its not with the cable release its been drilled by the wiring loom on the rubber housing so ive sealed it with silicone just in case, wont find out til it rains next
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.