Search results

1. Grill removal ?

You need to prise up the centre part of the two pins in the top of the grill and then lift the grill forward and up and try and reach behind it to release a couple of fixings (one either side) about 75 mm down from the top. A long screwdriver helps to unclip the two side fixings - it is awkward...
  2. Chrome air vents

Hi Stocky, Yes that is it except for the centre air vent which will only fit a LHD car, I have now been told by another UK dealer that the chrome trims for the round vents at each end of the dash now appear on the Seat EKTA parts listings and cost £23.50 inc vat. There still seems to be some...
  3. Chrome air vents

Yes it is strange, I emailed a query to Ted Johnsons about these and they could find no reference to them from Seat or part numbers etc. (Don't know if they actually looked at a MY08 FR/Cupra in the showroom of course) As regards the 'bling' I tend to agree to an extent, I would need to see...
  4. Chrome air vents

According to the Seat uk website, both the FR and Cupra (2008 Model year) have Chrome air vents.
  5. help needed

Hi, we seem to having similar conversations on two threads. Thanks for the information, all makes sense now
  6. help needed

OK, what's all this about a glovebox handle cover? is this a Seat part? any further details please
  7. Chrome air vents

Anyone got photos so I can see how carp they look? I assume they are the same ones that come in the full kit for LHD cars
  8. Chrome air vents

Noticed that the Leon Cupra has chrome air vent covers fitted (according to Seat web site) anyone know if these are available as an add on to other leon models? I know there is a set for LHD cars which includes the centre air vent but presumably the side ones can now be bought separately from a...
  9. help needed

Just wondered if you managed to figure out how to fit these?
  10. Interior enhancements

You can get the gauge trims from this ebay seller in Germany, I have used him and he is quick & reliable:- http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZx-seat-factory Don't think you will get the door trims any cheaper than from dealer TBH. Don't know about side skirts, try google or search the forum
  11. Interior enhancements

Thanks for the picture, white is maybe a little extreme but the principle is a good one. Just need to decide on a suitable colour that looks as if might have been supplied as original from the manufacturer
  12. Interior enhancements

Hi Leviathon, Yes I considered the air vent trim, but as our cars are RHD the centre trim will not fit unfortunately.
  13. Interior enhancements

Hi, I have a MY2006 Leon Reference Sport 2.0TDi, I am very happy with the car but I feel that the interior is a bit - well bland. I have already fitted the aluminium door trim and some chrome rings to the instrument panel but wondred if anyone knew of any other innovative additions to improve...
  14. 5051 Fault Code?

Thanks for that, looks like nothing to worry about.
  15. 5051 Fault Code?

Hi, I posted this in the Leon 2 forum but thought I would see if I got a quicker answer here. Put my car (2.0TDI) in for its first service yesterday (local Skoda dealer) everything ok except they gave me the following information:- ' Advise found fault on radio stored in 5051, advise...
  16. Seat Warrington

Yeah, I rang them a week or so back to ask the price of a 10,000 mile sevice for my 2.0TDI, they quoted £170 but a lead time of a month. I then tried Alex Lawrie in Liverpool (Skoda) they said less than £100, give them two days notice to order the parts in from Seat in order to maintain the...
  17. Spare wheel

I was in the same situation as you regarding the stupid squirty foam. I got hold of a spacesaver wheel & tyre from a mk5 Golf off ebay for £45 complete, it is worth keeping an eye open, they do come up reasonable frequently
  18. Honeycomb grill

Ian.Main, any chance of a picture? or maybe details of where you sourced the grill please?
  19. ipod connectivity

Sorry my mistake, that's what you get for relying on memory. It is in fact a twelve way connector :whistle:
  20. ipod connectivity

It's an eight pin quadlock, it fits into a spare connector on the rear of the headunit that is designed for plugging in a CD multichanger, the dension is fitted in place of the multichanger.