Search results

1. merlin051

Gearbox First gear only

if your dropping the box, take the clutch out and inspect it, if it looks worn/batterd/knackerd then yes put a new one in, its a hell of a job to have to take it off 6 months later and put a new clutch in then.
  2. merlin051

Gearbox First gear only

My gear box started doing that, you could only hear it in certain gear's and rev ranges at certain speeds and it got progressively worse over a month or two. I spent a full weekend under the car, dropped the gear box off, replaced the whole clutch assemly as there was a noise on the clutch...
  3. merlin051

fitting mirrors

taking the door cards on/off is a right chew on aswell, get yourself some new plastic secureing clips, as i usually snapped a couple of these everytime i removed them. The yellow ones seemed to have less give than the white ones.
  4. merlin051

ecu reset

where abouts in co-durham are you mate? I have the free version of vag-com and I'm pretty sure it can clear this code off I'd have to scan the air-bag module for this right? which I understand carries a risk of setting them off?
  5. merlin051

Aircon playing up - first frozen morning

Yeah, below 4.5(frost icon) the aircon wont turn on immediatly, after you've been driving the car for about 10 mins and it warms up, youll be able to turn it on. This can be a pain in the @$$ if your external temperature sensor(passenger mirrir) is defective, like on a hot summers day when...
  6. merlin051

Trading in the Ibiza Mk3

Better milage mate, 50+mpg , cheaper to tax and i seem to find myself doing alot of miles lately. And yeah it is the 150 so its got some beef in it! Still got 20 month warranty, so it will be going back if any problems with serious stuff
  7. merlin051

Trading in the Ibiza Mk3

Well been here for like 3 years or so now, Its time for me to trade in the ibiza and get another car. I'm not sticking with SEAT due to my finances sucking so bad, but I'd just like to say a big thanks for all the help you guys have given/advised me over the years. Thanks again. Mods...
  8. merlin051

Clutch problems!! Help

my clutch in my 1.4 was heavy as hell, so hard you could not press it with your hand, you really did need a leg, so much i think my left leg is 20% bigger than my right! but at the weekend i replaced my clutch setup and hay presto it feels like a normal clutch now. swapping it out is a big...
  9. merlin051

Selection problem

have you tried adjusting the gear linkage rod? its a (13mm i think) copper bolt, it attached your gear selector to teh box, just have a look down the back of the engine you'll see it.
  10. merlin051

mk3 ibiza 1.4

mine is approachnig 86k, air filter/oil filter/cambelt/waterpump done at 75k, just fitted new rear shoes at 85k, front sidelight, rear brake light. Bought it for £2000 in 2006 with 42k miles on it. Problems I've had, engine coolant temperature sensor went tits up, replaced for £26, driver...
  11. merlin051

Door Release

bought a new cable from steelers for £4.15 inc vat. managed to get it hooked in without taking the lock unit completely off the door so that was a bnous, good as new!
  12. merlin051

Door Release

My door release broke, so when i tookt eh door apart i found this: The other end of the cable connects to the lock unit as below, Can i just buy the cable and fit it in? or do i need a whole new lock unit for the inside of the door? And how tricky is this to do if its even...
  13. merlin051

Flip Key Query

yeah yeah, bring on the flames. already found the one on programming new keys so I'm not needing that, thanks for the info regarding 433.92mhz. cheers
  14. merlin051

Flip Key Query

Ok, because I'm either stupid or lazy, i cant find the threat wiht the info about Mk3's and flip keys detailing which key to get. 434 or 433 are they the same thing? mine says its a 433.92, is that a 434? Wanting to buy a flip key and program it to my Seat Ibiza. anyone know?
  15. merlin051

Tdi Leon Cupra - limp mode

yeah near durham mate, thanks for the tip!
  16. merlin051

Ok, got vagcom on it, this is the fault, 1 Fault Found: 17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation P1557 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent Search revealed these links, got a few things to try there, anyone else haev any suggestions? cheers guys...
  17. merlin051

yeah, gonna go check it with vagcom at dinner time, would it be ok to un-plug the maf and drive it like that and see if the fault re-produces itself? that way will know if its definitly the maf, only incase its not showing any faults (unlikely)
  18. merlin051

ok guys, this is a post for my mate who has a leon cupra tdi, his car is randomly going into limpmode. but when it does this the fault light doesnt normally come on, turn the car off and on again and its fine no limp mode anymore. last night this happend, limp mode so he pulled over turned...
  19. merlin051

Non Cupra's

well I'm in the 1.4 club, hopefully not for much longer:P thought I'd say hi
  20. merlin051

Ibiza 1.4 clutch help

mines stiff, always has been for about 1.5 years.