Search results

1. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

stunning Paul, can't wait to see this when it's all done, absolute credit to you and the capabilities of the Badger cave :)
  2. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

obviously if I was closer I'd be threre in a flash to help out ;)
  3. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

that looks terrible Paul, I would never want one like that.. no really... ok I'm lying :D such a shame to have to hide it away! a joyous afternoon ahead with all those collets! (at least you don't have to shim them all too :) actually, your Stargate is looking quite appealing in comparison lol :)
  4. Turbo overboost

Bioman - if the Revive has made a significant improvement as you describe, then a second treatment is likely to clear it up. Leave it a week or so and see if it clears completely, but if not then a second treatment (from my experience) will run a good chance of clearing it.
  5. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

There are degrees of "sooted up" to consider - if the problem of sticky or lazy vane mechanism is left to deteriorate unchecked, then it can reach the point where the vane mechanism becomes effectively seized, either by sheer soot build-up or because of corrosion effects seizing the vane pivots...
  6. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

Some four tonnes of product (approximately 5300 applications) have now been shipped, with negative reports of it having no discernable effect literally in single figures. There are a few possible reasons: 1,Inaccurate diagnosis of the problem, so the vehicle fault is not actually due to the VNT...
  7. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

jesting aside, lovely looking work :D We saw lots of benefit changing from t25 housing/wheel on the 3071R to the proper t3 housing and 60mm wheel. More power at less boost and lower EGTs , we should have done it much earlier! You should be on for 420bhp with relative ease I'd have thought?
  8. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

tufty you are a bufty tart! :D
  9. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

ah.. i see now.. my bad :D nice one
  10. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

sorry if I've not been paying attention lol :), what was the "X" about on the plenum?
  11. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

How does it get into the crankcase - I'd hope it doesn't :) How is it administered in the diesel case? The petrol machine appears to pump pressurised fluid into the fuel rail in place of the normal petrol flow, so in effect it substitutes the fuel, am I understanding it correctly? In this case...
  12. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

Do you really want the "gunk" that can build up considerably in the inlet going through your engine?? Judging by some of the examples I've seen, they need to be taken off and mechanically scraped out.
  13. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

Bummer :( shame we didn't get to see the beast this morning
  14. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

be careful with caustic based cleaners and aluminium - works great to remove oil/carbon deposits, but munches aluminium with equal voracity, so don't leave it too long :)
  15. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

The original jet and more so the power generation turbine (gas turbines predominantly) markets are VERY sensitive to operating efficiency which directly affects fuel useage. Power generation consider a cleaning cycle at 1-2% drop in efficiency which then results in a return to normal, a...
  16. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

Either try your local parts distributor or contact SP Diagnostics directly - http://www.spdiagnostics.com/index.php/products/workshop/revive-turbo-cleaner To avoid disappointment please be realistic about what the treatment is physically able to do - as described previously it is a surface...
  17. Revive turbo cleaner - Anyone used it?

I have personally used it on a fair range of vehicles with a variety of issues :) To be fair I'll be up front and disclose I have been involved from the start introducing the fluid to the automotive specific market. (It was developed originally for cleaning turbines in jet engines and power...
  18. How to tell if a turbo has been cleaned

www.turbocleaner.co.uk www.cleanmyengine.co.uk Yes it really does work.. :D
  19. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

adapter rings would of course be the "professional" and best solution, and look pretty too :D but we are famously skinflints if there's a cheap way, and we don't look pretty at the best of times ;) Merry Christmas :D
  20. Audi S3 GT3582R stroker Build (previously GT3071r)

Wr now have the same TFSi coils in the TT, very pleased with results so far. On the dyno we ran them with 1mm gaps and no hint of misfire at all - subsequently reduced the gap to 0.85 to give some margin, as we wanted to be sure we had no race issues. To locate ours we cut the ribbed rubbers off...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.